Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting in San Bernardino, California

Quote:Surely those who are anti gun regulations are happy for isis sympathisers to be able to freely buy guns? That's what you are arguing for...
So exactly which ignored gun regulation prevented this attack?  Let's go one step further, had the IED that these terrorist planted gone off as they had planned how would a gun law have prevented it?  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No. We are arguing for oir right to buy a gun so that when a city goes on lockdown because terrorists are on the loose we can protect our families.

Moreover, these guys were caught with DOZENS of explosives. Would 12 pipe bombs killing 100 people have been a better outcome?

This was a high ridk facility. On the one hand its lucky that they had previously drilled for an active shooter. On the other There should have been security.
Wait there was an active shooter drill before the shooting? That almost always precedes a false flag.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Wait there was an active shooter drill before the shooting? That almost always precedes a false flag.

Yes, literally right down the street from the shooting. The SWAT showed up only a short time after the shooting started, yet somehow the shooters still managed to escaped.

Quote:Yes, literally right down the street from the shooting. The SWAT showed up only a short time after the shooting started, yet somehow the shooters still managed to escaped.

Hmmmmm

I've seen so many debates on TV, Facebook, and message boards regarding these shooting and gun control.

To be honest, I don't even know where to begin or if I even have an opinion anymore.  Things have gotten so screwed up that I don't know if there are any fixes to stop random people that don't value their own life.  

At this point, I'm pretty much speechless  :confused:

Quote:I'm pretty certain you're confusing an AK-47 with an AR-15. Or at least, a "modified" semiautomatic only AK variant.

Quote:I forgot you guys are in California but yea ak47 are just easy to get as ar15 I have two of them. One I purchased from a sporting goods store the other from a private individual.

I only have one ar15 platform their a little more maintance I definitely prefer my 47's.

Quote:Yes they can be bought legally.  The process to buy is expensive (10-50K/ automatic weapon) + transfer fees, lengthy (6-8 months), and involves a thorough and detailed vetting process by the ATF (if a Syrian refugee underwent the same vetting, I would have no problem inviting him to my grandson's bar-mitzvah).  The process is required and repeated for each purchase. 

(edit)- I'd like to add that they make excellent investments!

Right, I realize that. Eric said something along the lines of AK-47's being easily obtainable at most sporting goods stores. To which I contended he's either talking about an AR style rifle or semi automatic variant. As you yourself just said, getting an actual AK-47 is a little more involved than just going down to Big 5 and whipping out a credit card.

Quote:Civilian ak47s are semi automatic which is just a reducer on the trigger I can make them fully automatic in about an hour but that would be illegal

I'll add to that it's a super common gun in these parts, theyre half the price of an ar15 platform way more durable and the ammo is cheap to shoot!
That's exactly what I said in my first response to you. A semi automatic variant. To me, that's an important distinction to make. Joe Shooter cannot just go into a sporting goods store and purchase a fully automatic AK-47.

Quote:I've seen so many debates on TV, Facebook, and message boards regarding these shooting and gun control.

To be honest, I don't even know where to begin or if I even have an opinion anymore. Things have gotten so screwed up that I don't know if there are any fixes to stop random people that don't value their own life.

At this point, I'm pretty much speechless :confused:

At this point, arm yourself so when the day comes that somebody tries to shoot up your workplace, you aren't defenseless.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 12:29 AM by EricC85.)

Quote:     

Right, I realize that. Eric said something along the lines of AK-47's being easily obtainable at most sporting goods stores. To which I contended he's either talking about an AR style rifle or semi automatic variant. As you yourself just said, getting an actual AK-47 is a little more involved than just going down to Big 5 and whipping out a credit card.

That's exactly what I said in my first response to you. A semi automatic variant. To me, that's an important distinction to make. Joe Shooter cannot just go into a sporting goods store and purchase a fully automatic AK-47.

edit: didn't see where you said AK47 variant earlier. It's not to difficult to convert an AK platform from Semi-Auto to Fully Auto but to me it's a waste of time and resources. The trigger pull on the AK semi-auto is plenty fast enough.

here watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNtsfZW6stw

Quote:Tell us about the 15-year-old ISIS sympathizer who shot the police employee in the back of the head with a hand gun - in Sydney.

Good thing he didn't have an ak47 just like the Sydney siege. Wouldn't even be newsworthy in US.

Quote:Good thing he didn't have an ak47 just like the Sydney siege. Wouldn't even be newsworthy in US.

You're safe. You're being so evasive no one could ever shoot you.

In Ireland we fight with fishts in the ball alley.

Quote:In Ireland we fight with fishts in the ball alley.
Ireland: where men are men, and potatoes are breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Quote:Ireland: where men are men, and potatoes are breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Too true, day aint the same without spuds (potatoes).

Quote:Too true, day aint the same without spuds (potatoes).

Wexford huh? How's Bar Undertaker doing these days?

Quote:Wexford huh? How's Bar Undertaker doing these days?

Undertakers Bar? Top notch fry ups but the women who frequent it are mouldy out.

Quote:Surely those who are anti gun regulations are happy for isis sympathisers to be able to freely buy guns? That's what you are arguing for...

Dear Barack Obama,

You will never take all the guns away from the bad guys.  You will never prevent them from finding guns.  This is radical Islamic terrorism.  Whether you have the balls to say it or not that's what it is.  We need to fight it, be aggressive against it and handle it.  No more of this sitting back and saying they aren't a threat.  They are a threat and a threat that needs to be handled accordingly.  I don't care about freedom of anything, if you are a part of ISIS in any way, goodbye to you.

People in my state are heavily armed and I am perfectly okay with that.  I would love for Barack and Hillary to come here and talk about gun control.  

We have a mental health and terrorism problem.  This is not a gun problem.  Fixing mental health to the best of our ability and ridding this world of all things radical Islamic terrorism should be the goals.

I have no respect for such a cowardly and gutless President.  Be a leader.  That's what you signed up to be.

Scarecrow

So... the latest.

Tasheen Malik, the female shooter, had allegedly pledged loyalty to ISIS the day of the shooting.  The couple destroyed all of their electronics before the attack.  And the argument that Syed Farook had with his coworker?  Apparently the coworker was arguing that Islam isn't dangerous which didn't sit well with Syed.

ISIS is using dating sites so their women can marry a US citizen and brain wash them, live in the US to eventually carry out their mission.  Our safety has been compromised.

[Image: SK_zpsykxck489.jpg]

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

Quote:So... the latest.

Tasheen Malik, the female shooter, had allegedly pledged loyalty to ISIS the day of the shooting.  The couple destroyed all of their electronics before the attack.  And the argument that Syed Farook had with his coworker?  Apparently the coworker was arguing that Islam isn't dangerous which didn't sit well with Syed.
Like I've said before, in some sick way it's a good thing that the killers snapped when they did and attacked a Christmas party instead of killing hundreds by blowing up a van in a mall parking lot.

Quote:ISIS is using dating sites so their women can marry a US citizen and brain wash them, live in the US to eventually carry out their mission.  Our safety has been compromised.
Shirley you jest.