Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags playing Colts in London in 2016

That means week 5 bye next year. Early for my taste.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think so. Like I said, teams that haven't played in London consistently come out and demonstrate an inability to compete. This will be the Colts' first trip to London. I expect nothing less than a blowout from a team like the Jaguars who have already adjusted to playing there.

Unfortunately on this end,  the Chiefs were an exception this year despite the Lions playing and winning in London against the Falcons last year.

Quote:Very excited by this news, on a selfish note..

Although, I'm in Florida for my honeymoon between the 19th & 29th September 16, so with this being the weekend that I get back, I highly doubt that I'll be lucky enough to see the Jags at Everbank Field whilst I'm over there :mellow:

I'm sorry but you're taking your honeymoon.....in Florida? Florida? As in......Florida? Please explain this logic?

Quote:I'm sorry but you're taking your honeymoon.....in Florida? Florida? As in......Florida? Please explain this logic?

He's a Brit. The allure of this mythical substance called sunshine is strong for them.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm sorry but you're taking your honeymoon.....in Florida? Florida? As in......Florida? Please explain this logic?

We've started off hating each other anyway, so why bother with romance?...

On a serious note, we love Florida, we have close friends over there.. we're not really the 'laying on the beach' type of couple... Florida has everything we love... (we've been before.... several times...)..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

As most have already said. Not too happy about that decision. You're taking away an important divisional game away from the actual fan-base here in Jacksonville. I am a firm believer that if the NFL is going to have a game in London that it should be truly AFC Vs. NFC. I don't want to see any divisional contests or interconference games being held overseas because those games are more important in the grand scheme of things. And those games should be played here with a real homefield advantage or crowd. We played Dallas, San Francisco and Buffalo in London so far. I still don't see why we couldn't have faced off against an NFC South team in London this year instead of a fellow AFC team like Buffalo where in all honesty, we could be competing in December with for a 6th seed in all likelihood.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I don't see multi team apparel being worn by people in the stands during the Super Bowl. We know better.

Sorry buddy, but you are talking excrement. The fans in the UK know plenty, they just choose to wear their favourite teams gear - just like I've worn my Jags colors to Wembley games involving other teams.

Quote:Sorry buddy, but you are talking excrement. The fans in the UK know plenty, they just choose to wear their favourite teams gear - just like I've worn my Jags colors to Wembley games involving other teams.

I agree.

We only get three games a year in the uk. I think it's fair to allow fans of other teams to go to the Jaguars games if they want and I'm not going to feel bad about wearing my Jaguars jersey at the other two games!

Yes, it's a different atmosphere, because of the celebratory feel of the games. But there was also plenty of noise for the big plays and I think that's improved over the years.

Quote:Sorry buddy, but you are talking excrement. The fans in the UK know plenty, they just choose to wear their favourite teams gear - just like I've worn my Jags colors to Wembley games involving other teams.
Exactly, last London game I was sitting next to a Packers fan supporting the Jags and his buddy, a Steelers fan, supporting the Bills.