Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When Lee comes back

Quote:boom.
So cheap too. 25K guaranteed and 760K next year

Hope the concussion isnt a bad one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So cheap too. 25K guaranteed and 760K next year

Hope the concussion isnt a bad one.

Walters is the kind of receiver that would star on a Brady or (prime) Manning led team.

I like him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Yeah I remember Shaq Evans. He will compete in camp no doubt.

Robinson

Hurns

Lee

Greene

Camp winner

Camp winner

Interested in Neal Sterling as well.

Arrelious Benn will be in the mix also,competition breeds excellence.

Bet we don't even draft or sign veteran FA at WR.

Next years WR crop

AR15

Hurns

Greene

Walters

Lee

Sterling/Benn IF we keep 6...

not sure how it could be seen any other way (barring injury)

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2015, 10:24 AM by StitchJones.)

It is a nice problem to have for a change. How many WR have we gone through to have what we have now? answer: loads of 'em. I tend to frequently compare parts of the team to a car. Our wide receiver corp is like having a finely tuned, high performance engine. Our quarterback is like having a wild eyed moonshine running bootlegger for a driver. Unfortunately, our o-line is still like having the suspension and brakes of an edsel. Yes, they work... sort'a, but we're never going to be the high performance machine we could be until we get the whole package together; we're only as good as our weakest part.

So what's the deal with justin blackmon? Such a shame, he had great flashes when he did play... I don't care now, thanks the Allen Bros, Lee, Greene and Walters... Jus curious about the Blackmon situation... if he does clean his act and go to another team he could be a monster in my opinion. espically to teams like the patriots and cowboys, who take in guys with big talent but big problems (usually works out for the patriots). big IF though cause to Blackmon Mary Jane is Bae.

Quote:It is a nice problem to have for a change. How many WR have we gone through to have what we have now? answer: loads of 'em. I tend to frequently compare parts of the team to a car. Our wide receiver corp is like have a finely tuned, high performance engine. Our quarterback is like having a wild eyed moonshine running bootlegger for a driver. Unfortunately, our o-line is still like have the suspension and brakes of an edsel. Yes, they work... sort'a, but we're never going to be the high performance machine we could be until we get the whole package together; we're only as good as our weakest part.

List of WRS went went through and failed:

Reggie Willaims, Ernest Wilfort, Troy Williams, Matt Jones, Dennis Northcutt, Jarrett Dilliard, Mike Sims-Walker (look promising and almost made it to 1000 but plagued with injuries), Jerry Porter, Mike Thomas, Jason Hill, Tiquan Underwood, Kassim Osgood (although brought for Special Teams purposes), and Cecil Shorts (also look promising but again, plagued with injuries).... also the one WR we signed from Dallas I wanna say in 2009 or 2010, he had one good year in Dallas and we spend a bunch if money on him and he stunk, jus like Jerry Porter....

I know u guys are gonna laugh at this list and can't believe what we went through lol... bet this list makes you appreciate our WR corp even more now.

Quote:So what's the deal with justin blackmon? Such a shame, he had great flashes when he did play... I don't care now, thanks the Allen Bros, Lee, Greene and Walters... Jus curious about the Blackmon situation... if he does clean his act and go to another team he could be a monster in my opinion. espically to teams like the patriots and cowboys, who take in guys with big talent but big problems (usually works out for the patriots). big IF though cause to Blackmon Mary Jane is Bae.

[Image: image_zpsxi0t7yz2.jpg?1448640016252&1448640016814]

Quote:[Image: image_zpsxi0t7yz2.jpg?1448640016252&1448640016814]

LMAO Big Grin this pic jus made my day

Guess that answers my question

Quote:So what's the deal with justin blackmon? Such a shame, he had great flashes when he did play... I don't care now, thanks the Allen Bros, Lee, Greene and Walters... Jus curious about the Blackmon situation... if he does clean his act and go to another team he could be a monster in my opinion. espically to teams like the patriots and cowboys, who take in guys with big talent but big problems (usually works out for the patriots). big IF though cause to Blackmon Mary Jane is Bae.
I find it very interesting that Josh Gordon (the suspended WR for Browns) is very open to the public and is constantly tweeting about how ready he is going to be in 2016. He posts videos of him working out. What has Blackmon done? Not a single thing. Media hasn't heard from this guy in years. It could be something his agent said to him like to be quiet, but as fans you want to at least hear something. When GM Caldwell said Blackmon's skills have likely eroded by not being in shape is now very likely. Gordon on the other hand is working out like a mad man. I find it just very odd how Blackmon has completely vanished. My guess would say he is likely 250 lbs right now and comfortable with where he is at. Which is a complete shame. 

Quote:I find it very interesting that Josh Gordon (the suspended WR for Browns) is very open to the public and is constantly tweeting about how ready he is going to be in 2016. He posts videos of him working out. What has Blackmon done? Not a single thing. Media hasn't heard from this guy in years. It could be something his agent said to him like to be quiet, but as fans you want to at least hear something. When GM Caldwell said Blackmon's skills have likely eroded by not being in shape is now very likely. Gordon on the other hand is working out like a mad man. I find it just very odd how Blackmon has completely vanished. My guess would say he is likely 250 lbs right now and comfortable with where he is at. Which is a complete shame. 

It's very depressing to think about it. Just imagine if a motivated and hungry Blackmon had come back to this team in the offseason. Our offense would have been dangerous with Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Blackmon, Lee, Thomas, and Yeldon.

Quote:It's very depressing to think about it. Just imagine if a motivated and hungry Blackmon had come back to this team in the offseason. Our offense would have been dangerous with Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Blackmon, Lee, Thomas, and Yeldon.

Our offense is already dangerous, plus I already like wr1 robinson and wr2 hurns... blackmon would help if healthy but it would cut into grabs for them and one would probably end up leaving

Quote:Our offense is already dangerous, plus I already like wr1 robinson and wr2 hurns... blackmon would help if healthy but it would cut into grabs for them and one would probably end up leaving

I don't think Blackmon would've cut too much into Hurns or Robinson's touches. Robinson is in pace for 80 catches and Hurns for 70, it's not like they are forcing balls there way at the moment.

Some here thought Blackmon would've worked best in the slot, which would've worked with the Allens. If Blackmon had come back in shape and motivated, then I could've seen our offense potentially have 3 1,000 receivers. Defenses would've had all kinds of trouble covering that 3 receiver set, which also would've have Pro Bowler Julius Thomas roaming around.

Too bad that ship has sailed, I'm going to get a drink in Blackmon's honor.

Quote:I don't think Blackmon would've cut too much into Hurns or Robinson's touches. Robinson is in pace for 80 catches and Hurns for 70, it's not like they are forcing balls there way at the moment.

Some here thought Blackmon would've worked best in the slot, which would've worked with the Allens. If Blackmon had come back in shape and motivated, then I could've seen our offense potentially have 3 1,000 receivers. Defenses would've had all kinds of trouble covering that 3 receiver set, which also would've have Pro Bowler Julius Thomas roaming around.

Too bad that ship has sailed, I'm going to get a drink in Blackmon's honor.

Yeah true... i could imagine a very scary offense if blackmon was actually motivated, too bad he has the matt Jones feel... only caring about drugs... I still think we're in a good stop having Walters and greene who I think will become a very good slot, jus need to fix the o-line, if bortles had more time I think we would be a top nfl offense, as a good o-line would also establish a run game for yeldon who already is doing great for a rookie with a pretty bad o-line

Justin Blackmon is done.

-HIGH SCORE circa 2013

We still talking about this loser? People....move on.

Quote:So what's the deal with justin blackmon?

Like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, he doesn't really exist.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Justin Blackmon is done.

-HIGH SCORE circa 2013

We still talking about this loser? People....move on.
He's still on the roster. I don't think it's off-topic to still discuss his status.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Blackmon

The one time Gene Smith decided to go away from high character and failed miserably too

Quote:He's still on the roster. I don't think it's off-topic to still discuss his status.
Yes he is. However, about all there is to say about him is that he made his choice and it wasn't a pro football career. To be blunt, the only rational reason he's still 'on the books' is to prevent another team from picking him up and... low and behold... he manages to miraculously resurrect himself into a good receiver that plays against us. The probability of that scenario actually occurring at this point is very small; nevertheless, I think it wise of Dave Caldwell not to take needless chances where blackmon is concerned. He isn't costing us anything or having any sort of a negative impact on the team by doing this. He did us no favors by his conduct and we owe him no favors by cutting him loose before we have to.

bottom line: stick a fork in him... he's done.