Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Great analysis from ESPN on Bortles' improvement.

Quote:This is what Revis, the best CB in the game, said about Bortles:

"He seems more poised and more relaxed in the pocket," Revis said. "I will tell you one thing: his arm, he probably has got one of the strongest arms in the league. He scrambles a lot and he can throw, even scrambling. You can tell he can make all the throws."

Yes, and now it's just a matter of getting more experience, getting more comfortable with the game, and let the game slow down just a bit more.

Revis although not the best in the game anymore has strong words about Bortles.

To me I hear that they don't want to blitz often and play disciplined defense. They have a strong gamw.manager with Fitzpatrick.

If they can win the turnover battle and keep it under 20 points allowed they will win more often than not.

It would be a sound strategy. What I'm excited about is we may see a new level of play from bortles. For the most part he needs to take what is given to him Sunday, win the field position game. Then take advantage of short fields with killer instinct and get 7 for the offense.

Limited drops, penalties, turnoversand I say bortles gives us a chance. The margin for victory is so narrow on the road in this matchup.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unfortunately for QBs many things contribute to their stats.

Drops will lower completion percentages.

Play calling and line protections can alter YPA.

Routes ran incorrectly that lead to INTs mess up ratios.

That's why you use stats as a guide and your eye as the truth.

Looking at these stats alone will tell you P. Manning, Tannehill, Cousins, and Bradford and Luck are all equal QBs, with similar stats of un-greatness this year