Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We all knew what to expect today, so why are we angry?

Quote:I'm not angry. I'm just tired of watching bad football. I don't like losing, but it is much more tolerable if the football was entertaining. The last 4 years I've had to watch Chump and my gators and the jags. I'm barely hanging on to my sanity here. I'd just like to watch entertaining football.

This. At least the Gators had some semblance of a decent team last night.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

meh I don't care about this week, we all knew this was a blood bath going into it. Now the Panthers that game made me mad. But this we should've expected this. David has failed to field a team that can compete on this level to this point. Hopefully this "young" talent develops into that level someday but it was painfully obvious to anyone that just on a pure talent level we don't even belong on the same field. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 07:19 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

So the Phins are now getting blown out at home by a team that got blown out by the Pats. And we struggled to squeak out a win against them.

Dolphins might be one of the worst teams in the league.

I will say this about Buffalo, they look like a team that WANTS it.

Quote:So the Phins are now getting blown out at home by a team that got blown out by the Pats. And we struggled to squeak out a win against them.

Dolphins might be one of the worst teams in the league.

At least something makes me feel good.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:This. At least the Gators had some semblance of a decent team last night.

Maybe you should only watch football on Saturdays?

Quote:Maybe you should only watch football on Saturdays?

Maybe you should stop touching yourself at night.

Angry?

Yea. Maybe because it's one step forward and 200 steps back.

Quote: And I maintain that Arizona just might drop 50+ on San Fran. Smile

Arizona got 2 pick 6's today.

KC blew out the Pats last year teams lose big sometimes it freaking happens. There is a lot of good about this team be patient let them gel this is a very young team

Im dissapointed because even though i knew they were the better team i dont think we played our best game especially on offense.

I'm telling you - just get numb to the losing.  It's so much easier to deal with when you expect to lose every game.  And a couple times a year, you just might get to watch a win.  Of course, it's a meaningless win that will ruin your draft position and set the franchise back - but oh well.  

Quote:You expected to lose by 40 points? Lets not act like NE is some unbeatable juggernaut that should be scoring every drive. You are always defending the coaching staff and players, yet expect to get destroyed against a good team.
You've got to have realistic expectations. 

The good football coaches - and players, for that matter - are working on their craft year-round.  Do you think Peyton Manning takes the offseason "off" and just plays golf?  Of course not.  He's studying film, looking at tendencies of opponents and getting better.  Same thing with Belichek and the other great coaches.  

Do you think Gus Bradley was studying the Patriots this offseason?  Nope.  Do you think Gus is putting in 80+ hours a week getting his coaching staff and players prepared?  Nope.  

You see it in details - the "lack of precision" if you will.  The blown coverages, the delay of game penalty on a punt, the lack of attention to detail in the routes the WR's are running, things like that.  

There comes a time when you have to be held accountable.   I think that day is coming soon for Gus.  

Quote:You've got to have realistic expectations.

The good football coaches - and players, for that matter - are working on their craft year-round. Do you think Peyton Manning takes the offseason "off" and just plays golf? Of course not. He's studying film, looking at tendencies of opponents and getting better. Same thing with Belichek and the other great coaches.

Do you think Gus Bradley was studying the Patriots this offseason? Nope. Do you think Gus is putting in 80+ hours a week getting his coaching staff and players prepared? Nope.

You see it in details - the "lack of precision" if you will. The blown coverages, the delay of game penalty on a punt, the lack of attention to detail in the routes the WR's are running, things like that.

There comes a time when you have to be held accountable. I think that day is coming soon for Gus.

This

Quote:You've got to have realistic expectations. 

The good football coaches - and players, for that matter - are working on their craft year-round.  Do you think Peyton Manning takes the offseason "off" and just plays golf?  Of course not.  He's studying film, looking at tendencies of opponents and getting better.  Same thing with Belichek and the other great coaches.  

Do you think Gus Bradley was studying the Patriots this offseason?  Nope.  Do you think Gus is putting in 80+ hours a week getting his coaching staff and players prepared?  Nope.  

You see it in details - the "lack of precision" if you will.  The blown coverages, the delay of game penalty on a punt, the lack of attention to detail in the routes the WR's are running, things like that.  

There comes a time when you have to be held accountable.   I think that day is coming soon for Gus.  
Amen and amen

Quote:This. At least the Gators had some semblance of a decent team last night.
Oh God you are a Gator Fan that explains it.

[Image: 12072562_10154165891450016_1836983493440...ae41e425be]

51-17 is not a loss. It's full [BLEEP] mode. 

Never go full [BLEEP].

Quote:We all expected more from our offense against their defense. Nobody expected us to win, but this is crazy.

Yep I think that is the frustration, especially early on when the Defense looked like they could have held the Pats at first but the Offense kept failing...

I mean the Pats arent great against the run, or the pass for that matter yet Bortles couldnt move down the field on the first drive, and it only seemed to get worse as you watched....

I guess you could say wow look at Hurns or Clay's TDs but others would argue garbage time...

when it counted the team's offense was only able to put up 3 points.

Quote:Of all the bad things we saw today, this was probably the most frustrating for me personally. You DO NOT play zone against Brady. Most of us know this...

Then again, we're down so many DBs, I'm hoping they felt they had no choice. Our 5th DB vs. Edelman in man coverage isn't a much better look.

On a marginal bright side, Buffalo and Arizona are looking likely to drop 50 on their opponents also, so we might not be alone.

But as shown by the bills you can't play man against gronk and Edelman

It's a catch 22 play zone Brady picks you apart

Play man gronk is too physical at the line and gets open or Edelmans route running gets him open and if he gets half a yard he picks up big yards after the catch.

Which I think is why we said all week we play our game. There is no defense that will entirely shut down that offense. It's too good and more importantly too well balanced. The only thing you can do is go out there and play your game perfectly.

We didn't even play our game well.

Quote:Maybe you should stop touching yourself at night.
Funniest thing I've read in awhile.