Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring on Carolina. The real season is finally upon us

I have seen a couple of predicitons in here saying the Jags will score anywhere from 30 to 45 points against the Panthers.  That's insane.  Not against that defense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm going to repeat this. Panthers will have less wins this season. 6-10 or worse, they're on the downswing and a very run of the mill organization. I feel we also have the element of surprise with the emergence of our offense, and the fact every team will be sleeping on us. It won't be easy but it should be an expected win for us. The only way we lose is if Myers botches a FG resulting in Khan releasing Caldwell the next day

Quote:We always welcome opposing teams fans. Here's a good thread to visit <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340'>http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340</a>

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.
That would definitely be less painful. Unless you happen to like folks making complete idiots of themselves.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:We always welcome opposing teams fans. Here's a good thread to visit <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340'>http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/117915-its-jaguar-week-come-get-some/#comment-3461340</a>
hahaha

That board was hilarious. You say that we have some delusional fans on this board? My god... Not one person on that board thinks you're going to lose. Most people think the Panthers are going to just roll right over us.

Quote:We don't have any rookies in our secondary.

The secondary is still very average and this will make it very hard on a run defense that is already challenged.  Let's not neglect to mention special teams which is very average and had some turnover issues last year.  

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:That would definitely be less painful. Unless you happen to like folks making complete idiots of themselves.

Getting mad at that post is like getting mad at the "Why your team sucks" threads. It's just a joke. You guys have the worst sense of humor down there.

Quote:The secondary is still very average and this will make it very hard on a run defense that is already challenged. Let's not neglect to mention special teams which is very average and had some turnover issues last year.

You obviously don't even know who our secondary is since you though they were rookies. If you did maybe we could agree that they're average. Tough to make a solid point when you're clueless

Quote:You obviously don't even know who our secondary is since you though they were rookies. If you did maybe we could agree that they're average. Tough to make a solid point when you're clueless

I don't need to know the details of each player to know how they are regarded as a group.  Some re-hashes brought in to replace a very average group from last year.  Roman Harper is probably your best player but he's way past his prime.  Good luck with that.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't need to know the details of each player to know how they are regarded as a group. Some re-hashes brought in to replace a very average group from last year. Roman Harper is probably your best player but he's way past his prime. Good luck with that.

Roman Harper is our worst player in the secondary. Seriously....just stop.

Jags drop 27 on the panthers.

Everything goes right.

By week 12 vs SD, the Bank is the "hottest ticket in the league".  Start introducing yourself to the fair weather friends and welcome them back.

This ship has turned.  Buckle up, its gonna be fun.

I came here to see exactly what is being said.

Like every forum you have the blantant homerism that no matter who the home team is playing they are going to obliterate their opponent.

Some haters (Your fans not ours) that think the home team couldn't beat a high school team.    We have them on our page too.  

Then there are those that know what they are discussing and base their comments on logical and well thought out comments.   I am here to rebuttal some of the comments but in no way am here to be disrespectful in any way shape or form.

I spent 1 year in Jacksonville during your Heyday 1998-99 and listened to sports talk radio all on my way home from Cecil Field.  (I was with VFA106 before they close her down)   As a diehard Panther fan it was tough to listen to but I still listened.

I have no doubt that the Jaguars are an up and coming team.  You have a Franchise QB in Bortles and are adding some quality talent around him like Yeldon.  Your defense, well I will leave that up to you to tell me how good it is.

What I can tell you is this.   The Panthers defense top to bottom is very good.  The addition of Shaq makes our front seven arguably the best front 7 in the league.  Take a look at the run we had to the playoffs.  This was a younger defense than what we started 2014 with.  Once we went young things changed.   Now we bring in Tillman from Chicago and Coleman from KC/Philly.  Both are ballers and fits our scheme well.  So the defense is much improved from the defense we rode into the playoffs.

Someone mentioned your playcalling earlier.  All I can say is I hope he has plan to beat this defense because it isn't going to be easy.

Our offense is still suspect.  Sometimes we look like we could beat anyone.  Other times I wonder if Shula fell asleep.  Cam excels in a hurry up offense.  Something they want to employ more often.  Not Philly hurry up, just a quicker pace offense. 

First before I give you my opinion.   ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.... That is and always will be the NFL.  When it looks like it is impossible for a team to win.  They do.

For Jacksonville to win: Going to have to score first.  This is a great game for that to happen.  This is after all game 1.  Nobody is going to be perfect and mistakes happen (blown coverage or missed assignment)  The Panther defense is stout and you'll see Sunday.   Keep Carolina's offense in check.  Carolina's worst attribute in 2014.  Redzone offense.  Far too many FGs.   Keep Carolina to FGs and capitalize on defensive mistakes.  Jacksonville will win.

If Carolina scores first and builds a 10-14 point lead. Game over.  The defense will tighten up and force Jacksonville into mistakes and could get out of hand easily.  Look at the Atl and N.O. games during the Panther's run to the playoffs last year.  You'll see what I mean.  They got ahead and blow-out ensued.

My opinion.  The defense is up gearing up.  Shut down Brady last week and even the second teamers shut down Pittsburgh last night.

I won't put numbers up because we all wing it when we predict.   Panthers take the W in Jacksonville.   Homerism, maybe, but at least I gave valid points.

Quote:Jags drop 27 on the panthers.

Everything goes right.

By week 12 vs SD, the Bank is the "hottest ticket in the league".  Start introducing yourself to the fair weather friends and welcome them back.

This ship has turned.  Buckle up, its gonna be fun.
Completely agree.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM by Sosa.)

Oh look, another Panther fan! Guess ZNation goes back to his hole and tells the other rascals we're trash talking the Panthers.  :teehee:

Just went to their Message Board and I might have eye cancer now. Talk about biased opinions and disrespect! I mean all you have to do is read the first post that their pea brain ring-leader thought of. Even if that was a joke, the comments don't get any better and they know absolutely nothing about the Jags. What did I expect though? It's another teams message board and they're optimistic for the season. I didn't make an account to start arguments and tell them how they're all wrong. Unlike some people....

BPagz01 and SOSA,  27 points.   You got that explosive of an offense? 

Hope you enjoy Crow for dinner on the 13th cause no way you drop 27 on the Panthers.  NO WAY.

Quote:I came here to see exactly what is being said.

Like every forum you have the blantant homerism that no matter who the home team is playing they are going to obliterate their opponent.

Some haters (Your fans not ours) that think the home team couldn't beat a high school team.    We have them on our page too.  

Then there are those that know what they are discussing and base their comments on logical and well thought out comments.   I am here to rebuttal some of the comments but in no way am here to be disrespectful in any way shape or form.

I spent 1 year in Jacksonville during your Heyday 1998-99 and listened to sports talk radio all on my way home from Cecil Field.  (I was with VFA106 before they close her down)   As a diehard Panther fan it was tough to listen to but I still listened.

I have no doubt that the Jaguars are an up and coming team.  You have a Franchise QB in Bortles and are adding some quality talent around him like Yeldon.  Your defense, well I will leave that up to you to tell me how good it is.

What I can tell you is this.   The Panthers defense top to bottom is very good.  The addition of Shaq makes our front seven arguably the best front 7 in the league.  Take a look at the run we had to the playoffs.  This was a younger defense than what we started 2014 with.  Once we went young things changed.   Now we bring in Tillman from Chicago and Coleman from KC/Philly.  Both are ballers and fits our scheme well.  So the defense is much improved from the defense we rode into the playoffs.

Someone mentioned your playcalling earlier.  All I can say is I hope he has plan to beat this defense because it isn't going to be easy.

Our offense is still suspect.  Sometimes we look like we could beat anyone.  Other times I wonder if Shula fell asleep.  Cam excels in a hurry up offense.  Something they want to employ more often.  Not Philly hurry up, just a quicker pace offense. 

First before I give you my opinion.   ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.... That is and always will be the NFL.  When it looks like it is impossible for a team to win.  They do.

For Jacksonville to win: Going to have to score first.  This is a great game for that to happen.  This is after all game 1.  Nobody is going to be perfect and mistakes happen (blown coverage or missed assignment)  The Panther defense is stout and you'll see Sunday.   Keep Carolina's offense in check.  Carolina's worst attribute in 2014.  Redzone offense.  Far too many FGs.   Keep Carolina to FGs and capitalize on defensive mistakes.  Jacksonville will win.

If Carolina scores first and builds a 10-14 point lead. Game over.  The defense will tighten up and force Jacksonville into mistakes and could get out of hand easily.  Look at the Atl and N.O. games during the Panther's run to the playoffs last year.  You'll see what I mean.  They got ahead and blow-out ensued.

My opinion.  The defense is up gearing up.  Shut down Brady last week and even the second teamers shut down Pittsburgh last night.

I won't put numbers up because we all wing it when we predict.   Panthers take the W in Jacksonville.   Homerism, maybe, but at least I gave valid points.
This I can appreciate. With that said, I don't see this game being a high scoring affair. Neither team is setup to blow anyone out at this point. I honestly see it as a pretty even matchup and expect the team with fewer mistakes to pull off the win.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Yeldon a bust already? After 1 game? Come on now

The kid's played 2 quarters lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Hey we're all catbros here

Quote:BPagz01 and SOSA,  27 points.   You got that explosive of an offense? 

Hope you enjoy Crow for dinner on the 13th cause no way you drop 27 on the Panthers.  NO WAY.
God you smell so bad. Your stench carried over from that hell hole Panthers board. 

Fine, I'll give you a realistic score. Jags 26, Panthers 10. They get a garbage time TD and Cam does his superman dance, despite being down 16 points.

Quote:What I can tell you is this. The Panthers defense

My opinion. The defense is up gearing up. Shut down Brady last week and even the second teamers shut down Pittsburgh last night.

You have a good defense. But for what it's worth, shutting down Brady and Landry Jones hasn't exactly been hard for anyone this preseason.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS