Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marc Trestman to interview for OC position

Quote:O'Halloran is on with Dempsey and he's saying he's pretty much dismissed Trestman because of the fact that he and Gus are friends, although their friendship dates back to last year when they hung out together at the owner's meetings.

He handicaps it as the top 4-5 candidates not being available yet because of the playoffs, then the priority list is Roman, big gap, Wilson, bigger gap, and Trestman.

He doesn't think the team is very serious about Trestman, and that they really have their eye on someone who is still coaching in the playoffs.

So does that mean O thinks we are targeting a positions coach from a playoff team? We can't snipe an OC unless that coach is fired...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

O'Halloran would come on and adamantly talk about how we're NOT drafting a QB in RD1 as if that was a certainty.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:what the hell does O'Halloran know
Not much hes a Hack, I love the way Caldwell drilled him at his presser about blackmon was awesome.

Quote:So does that mean O thinks we are targeting a positions coach from a playoff team? We can't snipe an OC unless that coach is fired...
He didn't go into much detail, but take his viewpoint with a grain of salt.  His reasoning for saying the team isn't serious about Trestman is somewhat laughable, especially since they've scheduled an interview. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:O'Halloran is on with Dempsey and he's saying he's pretty much dismissed Trestman because of the fact that he and Gus are friends, although their friendship dates back to last year when they hung out together at the owner's meetings. 

He handicaps it as the top 4-5 candidates not being available yet because of the playoffs, then the priority list is Roman, big gap, Wilson, bigger gap, and Trestman.

He doesn't think the team is very serious about Trestman, and that they really have their eye on someone who is still coaching in the playoffs.

Looks like Carl Smith is coming back to Jax.

So now Trestman is unlikely to become a Jag ??

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Nobody talks in jacksonville. I'm sure it means he heard the Bucs are favouring Trestman and now he says that we're not leaning there....smh

If that's the case, there's only 8 teams in the playoffs right now which narrows it down a lot.  Some names are Edgar Bennet (GB wide receivers coach),  Scott Linehan (Cowboys passing game coordinator), Clyde Christensen (Colts quarterbacks coach), Eric Studesville (Denver RB coach),  and Tyke Tolbert (Denver WR coach), 

I would think it's someone on the Ravens honestly.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:He didn't go into much detail, but take his viewpoint with a grain of salt. His reasoning for saying the team isn't serious about Trestman is somewhat laughable, especially since they've scheduled an interview.

From BCC,

Quote:This seems to mesh with something odd that happened on Wednesday after Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that Trestman was interviewing the position. Later on on Wednesday Ed Werder of ESPN then reported that Trestman was not interviewing for the position.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/8/7513825/marc-trestman-coaching-search-jaguars'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/8/7513825/marc-trestman-coaching-search-jaguars</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I would think it's someone on the Ravens honestly.

The only possibility I see there is Rick Dennison (current Raven's QB coach), who was OC for Mike Shanahan for 3 mediocre non-playoff years in Denver, and a position coach during the superbowl years.  He was also Texans OC from 2010 to 2013 and did put up some pretty good offenses.  And if I'm not mistaking, the Texans run a zone blocking scheme.  So yea, I can definitely see that. 

Quote:If that's the case, there's only 8 teams in the playoffs right now which narrows it down a lot.  Some names are Edgar Bennet (GB wide receivers coach),  Scott Linehan (Cowboys passing game coordinator), Clyde Christensen (Colts quarterbacks coach), Eric Studesville (Denver RB coach),  and Tyke Tolbert (Denver WR coach), 

Quote:<div>
So does that mean O thinks we are targeting a positions coach from a playoff team? We can't snipe an OC unless that coach is fired...

maybe edgar bennett is about to get his chance. ive heard the rumors and this odd story could give some creedence to that. all speculation right now.

i was excited about trestman but that doesnt mean that bennett couldnt turn out to be really good.

</div>
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:From BCC,

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/8/7513825/marc-trestman-coaching-search-jaguars'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/1/8/7513825/marc-trestman-coaching-search-jaguars</a>

So, Alfie has confirmed it by regurgitating reports from others. Thanks.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

not interested in Trestman is kinda like not gonna take a QB with the first round pick

Deny

Deny

Deny

Deny

we draft QB first round ooops :teehee:

Quote:So, Alfie has confirmed it by regurgitating reports from others. Thanks.

no one should ever listen to the jacksonville jaguars version of Comic Book Guy from the simpsons.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:The only possibility I see there is Rick Dennison (current Raven's QB coach), who was OC for Mike Shanahan for 3 mediocre non-playoff years in Denver, and a position coach during the superbowl years.  He was also Texans OC from 2010 to 2013 and did put up some pretty good offenses.  And if I'm not mistaking, the Texans run a zone blocking scheme.  So yea, I can definitely see that. 
Thanks for this.  Makes a ton of sense.

I think just like nobody expected the Jaguars to draft Blake Bortles that Marc isnt going to be the OC, it'll be someone else

expect the unexpected (but probably not a big name)

Why can't we just hire Bruce Arians and be done with it?

I was hoping for Bret Favre... hahaha

Quote:Why can't we just hire Bruce Arians and be done with it?
To be the Head Coach?!

I'm down!