Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell: "We will be big-spenders in Free Agency."

We've had some decent FA's come in here, they've not all been a Who Douglas or Bryce Paup. Aaron Kampman played well for us until his injury but you can't fault him for that. Poz has been really good. Leon Searcy was a stud. Kyle Brady might be the best TE we've had. Chris Naeole was solid. Mike Peterson too. Don't forget Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell and Mark Brunell.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Green Bay got a third for Brunell so you can't consider him as a FA.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I am not yet over every other time we were 'big spenders' in FA and it didn't work out. Hugh Douglas, Mr. 93%, a broke Torry Holt, Drayton Florence, Poz, Lewis, and the list goes on and on. I mean we have had bad luck with guys like hayward, but still, its obnoxious how bad we are FA.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Only problem? There's not really a "big time" player at either position that I think will hit the market.

Bryan Bulaga

Quote:When does spending big in free agency ever work well?

All the time if your general manager knows what he is doing. I have a good feeling David Caldwell will do a better job getting guys who are really talented and not just band-aids.

Quote:I am not yet over every other time we were 'big spenders' in FA and it didn't work out. Hugh Douglas, Mr. 93%, a broke Torry Holt, Drayton Florence, Poz, Lewis, and the list goes on and on. I mean we have had bad luck with guys like hayward, but still, its obnoxious how bad we are FA.

Poz has been a good Free Agent and we drafted Lewis?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Poz has been a good Free Agent and we drafted Lewis?
We signed Lewis as free agent (even though he was ours) and he was overpaid, Poz was a record high signing for a MLB, we way overpaid and time has not made that deal seem any better.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

[Image: Make-it-rain-image-.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Jermaine Gresham is a decent pick up at TE. some nice LBs out there.

Quote:I saw some people say Crabtree, I'd rather try others way before him.

Ya no thanks on the whiner 49er. Still remember his rookie holdout, what a prick.

Quote:We signed Lewis as free agent (even though he was ours) and he was overpaid, Poz was a record high signing for a MLB, we way overpaid and time has not made that deal seem any better.
He never hit free agency.  We used the franchise tag on him after the 2010 season.

Quote:Why not sign an Adrian Clayborn as a mid-level DE who could be the run stuffing Leo DE.

He has been hurt two of his 4 years, but in 2013, his 3rd season, he had 64 TT and 5.5 sacks.

I think Clayborn fits the mold that Dave Caldwell has set with the signing of Miller and Marks, as well as Bryant.

Clayborn may not be as splashy as JPP, but he probably can be had for 4 Mil per season versus the 14 to 15 Mil per season that JPP will cost.

Further combine, 5 to 8 sacks each from four players Clemons, Clayborn, Davis, and Branch and the team should get at least 15 to 18 sacks from the Leo position.

Clayborn will only be 27 next season and he could take off like Marks did in Gus' defense.

Something to think about.

I don't know that Clayborn fits our scheme. To me, he's your traditional LE on a 4-3. He's definitely not a LEO (lacks the ability to rush from a wide front) and is too light to be our LE (Bryant/Alualu spot)

Quote:Nor OLB Justin Houston, Kansas City Chiefs as Bleacher reported suggested for Free Agents to Jacksonville

If the Chiefs don't franchise him...he'd my #1 target.

Quote:If the Chiefs don't franchise him...he'd my #1 target.

They will lock him up, one way or another.  Boy, if they didn't they'd be fools.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I dont see KC letting Houston walk.

Mccourty would be my primary target... Then I would go...

Bryan Bulaga

Rahim Moore (if McCourty can't be had)

Charles Clay

Malcom Smith

Quote:Mccourty would be my primary target... Then I would go...

Bryan Bulaga

Charles Clay

Malcom Smith

Bulaga gets hurt too much. But I can go with the rest.

Quote:Mccourty would be my primary target... Then I would go...

Bryan Bulaga

Charles Clay

Malcom Smith

NE just restructured Brady's contract which gave them roughly $24M of cap space.

Hey Dave i'm ready to sign. I can block, tackle and catch the ball, and I play to win. Just saying :whistling:

Quote:NE just restructured Brady's contract which gave them roughly $24M of cap space.

No - it doesn't. See a previous post in which someone linked Bill Barnwell's column from Grantland (ESPN.com), in which he explain's how it's a contract restructuring that gives Brady more flexibility down the road, but doesn't free up money for the Patriots to use toward free agency.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.