Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks has a torn ACL

Quote:I think even if Marks returns, he won't be his dominant self next year. It sucks because we were really getting somewhere with him rushing the passer.

Oh well. Speedy recovery to Marks. Typical for the Jags.

I agree with this, it's a legitimate concern.

Geno Atkins for Cincy was an absolute beast until he had ACL injury in the middle of the '13 season.

He came back and played all this season,, but he was nowhere near as effective a player as pre-injury.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't expect Marks to play anywhere near the way he has the last two seasons. Kinda reminds me of Geno Atkins from the Bengals. He was also playing at a super high level when he suffered a torn ACL. Came back this season and wasn't the same player.

It may take a full year to really get back, but everybody recovers differently so we'll see.

Yup.

** Sry, didn't see your post until after I said the exact same.**

Anyway,, Geno Atkins

Quote:I agree with this, it's a legitimate concern.

Geno Atkins for Cincy was an absolute beast until he had ACL injury in the middle of the '13 season.

He came back and played all this season,, but he was nowhere near as effective a player as pre-injury.

He started playing better towards the end of the season.

Quote:He started playing better towards the end of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-out-there

Not really.

Huh

I don't remember where I heard it, but the common perception is that a player isn't fully back to 100% until year 2 post surgery...

Quote:I don't remember where I heard it, but the common perception is that a player isn't fully back to 100% until year 2 post surgery...
Probably true... unless you're Adrian Peterson.

Fire Fisch...oh wait?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Fire Bradley.....waiting.....

this is why we need to go ahead and get Suh

the time is now to win!

I hate to follow up mindless babble from the preceding couple of posts, but if anyone wants to know, Bradley says Marks finally had his reconstruction yesterday. Bradley says that the team will take an extra conservative approach to his return.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I hate to follow up mindless babble from the preceding couple of posts, but if anyone wants to know, Bradley says Marks finally had his reconstruction yesterday. Bradley says that the team will take an extra conservative approach to his return.
As they should.  The guy doesn't need to be rushed back from the injury. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As they should.  The guy doesn't need to be rushed back from the injury. 
Especially if they get a guy like Leonard Williams who can fill in if Marks is on PUP.

Williams can play all over from what I've read.

Quote:Especially if they get a guy like Leonard Williams who can fill in if Marks is on PUP.

Williams can play all over from what I've read.
Williams is a beast.

He also is a very good leader. Perfect fit for the Jags.

Quote:I don't remember where I heard it, but the common perception is that a player isn't fully back to 100% until year 2 post surgery...

I am not sure with an ACL tear I think its a roll of a dice chance kind of thing (your chances go higher if you have the same DR as RG3 & Adrian)

[Image: PZuSYd0xS26di.gif]

Either way it would be a smart move to draft DT Leo Williams if he's there at #3.

ACL injuries are a lot more predictable than they were a decade ago.  Players aren't hoping to get back to fully healthy, The norm is 8-12 months.  Players say that it's more psychological once they're back on the field.  They tend to favor the knee until they've gotten comfortable with the notion that they're okay.  Usually, if they are going to be injured again, it's the other knee that winds up being the issue because they overcompensate. 

Marks' injury isn't going to determine who the Jags draft.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

<div>
<div>Marks working hard on the comeback, video on Mar 18
</div>
</div>

<b>Sen'Derrick Marks</b> <span> <span>@senmarks </span> </span>  ·  <span> Mar 18 </span>

9 weeks out today. Today's rehabilitation playlist was on point #<b>dontblink</b>

https://twitter.com/senmarks

He should be back for the Super Bowl..... :woot:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

It's been that way forever. AP was the exception.

Ask Greg Jones after his ACL tear at FSU...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:ACL injuries are a lot more predictable than they were a decade ago.  Players aren't hoping to get back to fully healthy, The norm is 8-12 months.  Players say that it's more psychological once they're back on the field.  They tend to favor the knee until they've gotten comfortable with the notion that they're okay.  Usually, if they are going to be injured again, it's the other knee that winds up being the issue because they overcompensate. 

Marks' injury isn't going to determine who the Jags draft.
Funny, I gave that same explanation a couple of years ago and got blasted for it...The overcompensation thing.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:It's been that way forever. AP was the exception.

Ask Greg Jones after his ACL tear at FSU...

A decade ago... It's 2015