Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone new HC

Quote:You're just now off of it.
Yes, I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt. You can count me off it now. We look like complete idiots. Hiring a search firm just to hire the guy already on the staff. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<div>Marc SesslerVerified account‏@MarcSesslerNFL
</div>

Jaguars 'liked the direction' Marrone took the offense in, as well as his 'belief' in Blake Bortles, per @RapSheet.

Yep, Dave completely incapable of having those tough conversations, as was warned. 

I'll hold off judgement on the hire for now. I don't know how many staff changes he'll make. I really don't know how much things will change at all. It could be a completely new look next season. I'm certainly not going to prejudge the guy based upon 2 games with another coach's scheme and personnel. I'll judge him on his moves and what spin he puts on the team.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:its not official.
I agree, but Schefter is rarely wrong; unless it's another fake account that someone didn't check lol; which I'm ok with lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:You are making a ridiculous assumption and then asking for proof that it's false?? 

Really? 

There are 32 HC jobs at the highest level of football. 

There are absolutely more candidates than just Doug Marrone coveting that opening. 
They hired the guy on the staff already. That staff was part of 14-48. Caldwell is likely going to get fired next season, yes, they couldn't get any commitments from the other coaches most likely. They hired from within because.....that was what was best available. 

Quote:Kind of underwhelming. Not that I'm 100% against Marrone, but I feel like the Jags hyped this up big time. Fired Gus early to get a head start. Hired a consulting/search firm. Dave saying the search would be very broad. We were hearing so many big names tied to us. Many people were picking us to be the best place for a coach to come.

In the end we promoted our oline coach. Just doesn't bring excitement to me and I think that's what the Jags fan base needs.

Awesome post.

I totally agree.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL'>Marc SesslerVerified account‏@MarcSesslerNFL</a>

Jaguars 'liked the direction' Marrone took the offense in, as well as his 'belief' in Blake Bortles, per <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>@RapSheet</a>.

Yep, Dave completely incapable of having those tough conversations, as was warned.

Yeurgh

Quote:They hired the guy on the staff already. That staff was part of 14-48. Caldwell is likely going to get fired next season, yes, they couldn't get any commitments from the other coaches most likely. They hired from within because.....that was what was best available. 

They made an informed decision after interviewing multiple candidates. 

Quote:I agree, but Schefter is rarely wrong; unless it's another fake account that someone didn't check lol; which I'm ok with lol

Like one of the post said, why put so much hoopla on the search just to hire the guy sitting next to u on the couch. makes no sense.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:They made an informed decision after interviewing multiple candidates. 

Fixed

Wonder if all the other candidates weren't in on Bortles.

Quote:Kind of underwhelming. Not that I'm 100% against Marrone, but I feel like the Jags hyped this up big time. Fired Gus early to get a head start. Hired a consulting/search firm. Dave saying the search would be very broad. We were hearing so many big names tied to us. Many people were picking us to be the best place for a coach to come.

In the end we promoted our oline coach. Just doesn't bring excitement to me and I think that's what the Jags fan base needs.
Very true. It just disappoints me that we couldn't do this earlier in the year; when we clearly saw that Gus wasn't the person. It just shows our front office's ignorance.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:They made an informed decision after interviewing multiple candidates. 
Your making the assumption those other candidates valued this job the most. No, they didnt get any traction from anyone. We have Caldwell, we have Marrone now. 

Start preparing for your next GM and head coach next season. 

Quote:Been off for a couple years now. The whole "I'm young and smarter than everybody in the room" thing doesn't work.

yep.  many of us have been off his train for a while now.  

If Dough doesn't magically get this team to above .500 next year, Dave will also start looking like the worst GM in NFL history

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Caldwell.. Caldwell.. Caldwell.. You gotta go!! Smh... Unbelievable.. Nothing against Marrone, but Damn !! We need someone different.. Somebody who is gonna help improve this team now...

Another dumb decision by Caldwell and the front office. SMH. Why rush? This isn't college. He doesn't have to recruit.

So yes reports now coming out the Jaguars liked Marrone because of his thoughts on the offense and his belief in Bortles.

Caldwell wanted a HC that believed in his QB. Makes sense considering the reports that say some of the candidates did not want him.

Quote:Wonder if all the other candidates weren't in on Bortles.

There is a good chance of that to be honest. The guy is so bad and seen as damaged goods, and basically being forced to stick with him for another year was a game changer.

Marrone won in Buffalo - he gave the Bills their first winning season in years.  With Marrone, Bortles played much better, as did the team.

Quote:Said no one but message board posters.

I doubt this is the case.

What have the Jaguars demonstrated the past 9 years other than the fact they have no clue what they are doing? Why make this hire now? What is the hire based on? Marrone's time in Bufflao? 2 Games as the interim head coach of the Jaguars?