Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

Quote:So, now voicing disagreement with the franchise' decisions are considered tantrums? Got it.
When you repeatedly talk about your plans to go out there and boo the team, or you incessantly post your disagreement with a personnel decision, that's pretty much a tantrum. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Some people just don't believe in message board tantrums over things they have 0 control over.

But believing in belittling others who dont blindly follow or trust guys who run these team down is a better way to do things?

Quote:I don't see anyone throwing a tantrum on this board, some of you or so sensitive. If you think this board as bad, go check any message board of a losing organization, the Browns, Raiders, Bills, Pittsburgh Pirates for years, the Milwaukee Brewers for years, the Kansas City Royals for years etc., it's a message board, which is simply a reflection of the team. There's no problem with fans voicing their displeasures or disagreements with an organization that consistently loses, I'd be more concerned with our fan base if this board was empty, that's not the case because there are a lot of passionate people out there. We all want Dave and Gus to succeed, if they succeed the Jaguars succeed, but this regime doesn't have a track record that makes them infallible, and there's nothing wrong with fans discussion or voicing their concerns, fan=fanatic.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions any team makes.  There's a line between disagreement, and going over the top as some here have done repeatedly.  The usual suspects are easy to identify.  They're acting as if they've been personally wronged by the team because they refuse to start Bortles.  They talk about their ANGER and they talk about how they intend to boo the team, or they refuse to support the team until they start Bortles.  That's a tantrum, and we've seen plenty here. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:When you repeatedly talk about your plans to go out there and boo the team, or you incessantly post your disagreement with a personnel decision, that's pretty much a tantrum.

Actually that is not a tantrum

Quote:There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions any team makes.  There's a line between disagreement, and going over the top as some here have done repeatedly.  The usual suspects are easy to identify.  They're acting as if they've been personally wronged by the team because they refuse to start Bortles.  They talk about their ANGER and they talk about how they intend to boo the team, or they refuse to support the team until they start Bortles.  That's a tantrum, and we've seen plenty here.

The usual suspects huh? What does that make you? The most loyal company man of all time? A guy who has been wrong more than any poster in the history of this board yet walks around as if you are more important or know more than anyone? The biggest and longest running joke affiliated with this team besides its incompetenc3 since coughlin left is YOU, even if in your world that seems impossible

Quote:Actually that is not a tantrum

Like your classic draft day posts?

Huh

Quote:The usual suspects huh? What does that make you? The most loyal company man of all time? A guy who has been wrong more than any poster in the history of this board yet walks around as if you are more important or know more than anyone? The biggest and longest running joke affiliated with this team besides its incompetenc3 since coughlin left is YOU, even if in your world that seems impossible

In Gene We Trust!

One of these years.............

The simple fact that they're having to announce that they're starting Henne means there's going to be wiggle room.  We're getting closer.

Quote:But believing in belittling others who dont blindly follow or trust guys who run these team down is a better way to do things?

Exhibit A of someone who is infamous for their many tantrums on this board. 

Nobody is suggesting "blindly following or trusting guys who run these teams down."  It's okay to be skeptical.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It's people like you who start a trail of tears about every move this team makes before there's been even the slightest opportunity to see if maybe, just maybe these guys might actually know what they're doing.  Last time I checked, you and other message board howlers have no more access to what's actually happening with specific players than anyone else not on the payroll for the team.  If the team is holding a player out, they more than likely have a reason for doing so. 

Quote:Actually that is not a tantrum
Well, of course YOU wouldn't see it as one. 

Boo's are the only way to voice our displeasure at their decisions that doesn't also hurt the franchise long term.  I hope people still buy tickets, because I love the jaguars and don't want them to go anywhere, but still hate they are okay with tanking the year away with henne.

Quote:The simple fact that they're having to announce that they're starting Henne means there's going to be wiggle room.  We're getting closer.

I know.  If there was no doubt and everybody was on board, then it wouldn't be this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.

Quote:The simple fact that they're having to announce that they're starting Henne means there's going to be wiggle room.  We're getting closer.
They had to announce Henne was the starter because Bradley was going to be on a conference call at 10:30 this morning with the media in Indy, and they fully expected that question to be asked, so they put it out there in the local media first so that it wasn't the opposing team's press breaking that news. 

That being said, I don't think we're going to have to wait too much longer to see Bortles assume the starting role.  I've said all along that I expect it to happen by the bye week.  I would expect it to happen at home, and not on the road. 

Quote:Boo your lungs out.  Guess what's going to happen as a result?  You'll go home voiceless, and nothing else will change.  You're really sending them a message. 
The problem with your statement  nothing else will change is an opinion not a fact. I personally feel sorry for Henne and the abuse that He will face Sunday. He is giving his all to make the team successful but he just doesn't have the tools to archive it. I personally blame Gus for what Henne will face at the stadium. This was the perfect time to start Blake and begin the teams new era.  Instead he names Henne the starter only to aggravate the fans and insure Henne has a day he will want to forget. I'm not saying Gus should listen to the fans but I am saying he should start the best player as he has been preaching since becoming a head coach. Khan will be at the stadium and if the fans reaction is as expected he will not be very happy after spending all the money on pools and scoreboards to see fans so unhappy with their team, especially when the best quarterback is sitting on the bench. I don't know what will be the outcome of the decision to start Henne but neither do you. 

Quote:There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with decisions any team makes.  There's a line between disagreement, and going over the top as some here have done repeatedly.  The usual suspects are easy to identify.  They're acting as if they've been personally wronged by the team because they refuse to start Bortles.  They talk about their ANGER and they talk about how they intend to boo the team, or they refuse to support the team until they start Bortles.  That's a tantrum, and we've seen plenty here. 

At the end of the day it's all about how people deal with adversity, some jump ship, some freak out, some are optimistic and take the wait and see approach, there isn't a right or wrong way of expressing your opinion on the consistent struggles of this team.  I don't have a problem with either approach as everyone is different, my take is we're consistently ridiculed by the media, we constantly have to educate ignorant fans of other teams etc.. if you're a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars there's a feeling of us against the world, considering that I don't understand why we must bicker amongst ourselves.

Quote:If the team is holding a player out, they more than likely have a reason for doing so. 

Because they know better than us......We may not know as much as they do, but seriously, it's not rocket science....it's football.  Fans know more than they are generally given credit for.  We can watch a game and make basic decisions.  Put me as the GM or coach and we're probably not much worse than 6-28 over the last 2 years. 

One of these years.............

Quote:The problem with your statement  nothing else will change is an opinion not a fact. I personally feel sorry for Henne and the abuse that He will face Sunday. He is giving his all to make the team successful but he just doesn't have the tools to archive it. I personally blame Gus for what Henne will face at the stadium. This was the perfect time to start Blake and begin the teams new era.  Instead he names Henne the starter only to aggravate the fans and insure Henne has a day he will want to forget. I'm not saying Gus should listen to the fans but I am saying he should start the best player as he has been preaching since becoming a head coach. Khan will be at the stadium and if the fans reaction is as expected he will not be very happy after spending all the money on pools and scoreboards to see fans so unhappy with their team, especially when the best quarterback is sitting on the bench. I don't know what will be the outcome of the decision to start Henne but neither do you. 

So, basically you're saying that all the complaining on call in shows, on the message board, and anywhere else that matters hasn't forced the team to sway their position, but me pointing that out is my opinion and not fact?  I think the fact that Henne is still the starter backs up my point pretty effectively, and I can guarantee it's not going to change a thing on Sunday when the luminaries boo the starting QB for nothing more than being on the field. 

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM by badger.)

Quote:They had to announce Henne was the starter because Bradley was going to be on a conference call at 10:30 this morning with the media in Indy, and they fully expected that question to be asked, so they put it out there in the local media first so that it wasn't the opposing team's press breaking that news. 

That being said, I don't think we're going to have to wait too much longer to see Bortles assume the starting role.  I've said all along that I expect it to happen by the bye week.  I would expect it to happen at home, and not on the road. 

That is part of the reason why this is frustrating fans.  This was a good opportunity to break out the Bortles, but instead we will likely have to wait until the Pittsburg game before they consider it again, and by that time the season will be practically lost.  That does not compute with a lot of people.

How much more ready is the kid going to be in a matter of 2-3 weeks?

Quote:Because they know better than us......We may not know as much as they do, but seriously, it's not rocket science....it's football.  Fans know more than they are generally given credit for.  We can watch a game and make basic decisions.  Put me as the GM or coach and we're probably not much worse than 6-28 over the last 2 years. 
Nobody is saying it's rocket science.  But, it's not as simple as just throwing the player out there.  Bradley is adamant that he is going to bring Bortles along with as little pressure and anxiety as possible.  Everyone here knew he was going to be a project to deal with mechanics and adjusting to the speed of the NFL game.  He was also going to have to learn the playbook.  So, when they saw the strides he made from draft day to the preseason, they suddenly abandoned the notion of supporting this process and demanded the team rush Bortles out there despite the fact that everything to date indicates their approach has been nothing but a benefit to Bortles development. 

You can watch a game and make basic decisions.  Good for you.  If that's all you think it takes to run an NFL team, send them your resume. 

Quote:Exhibit A of someone who is infamous for their many tantrums on this board. 

Nobody is suggesting "blindly following or trusting guys who run these teams down."  It's okay to be skeptical.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It's people like you who start a trail of tears about every move this team makes before there's been even the slightest opportunity to see if maybe, just maybe these guys might actually know what they're doing.  Last time I checked, you and other message board howlers have no more access to what's actually happening with specific players than anyone else not on the payroll for the team.  If the team is holding a player out, they more than likely have a reason for doing so.

Ive actually supported this new regime mostly.. but there is plenty to be upset about as well. How does trading monroe away instead of paying him when we have the second most or most cap space in the league look now? How does not signing a free agent center look? And d9nt bring up mack. They made him an offer after everyone was long signed leaving zero room for plan B.. plan B didnt even make the roster. Overall i still trust these guys but there is zero wr9ng with any9ne being upset or sick and tired of waiting.. that time has long passed to be patient and you telling people to be patient or putting those down who want to boo is pathetic.. this team deserves every damn boo it gets. THAT is the truth