Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Goodell gets fired?

Quote:Yep. Obvious agenda is obvious. Poor Roger up against those mean old "special interest groups," and we know who you mean. No, the real reason he might get fired is if the owners or sponsors feel he is damaging the integrity of the league, plain and simple. No politics needed.

Yeah, I think this blaming special interest groups is kind of weak.  Goodell has put himself in the situation period.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 11:24 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Why should the state attorney be handling this?  Domestic abuse is clearly a football issue.  

Seriously, though.  It's amazing how people are treating the NFL like it's a branch of government, and like Goddell holds a position in political office.  It's OK that he wasn't even charged with a crime, but allowing him to ever step foot on a football field ever again is unacceptable.       

If this video came out for an employee or teacher or government worker, it would be the same thing.  NFL isn't being held to a different standard in that sense.  But this is one of the pitfalls of being America's most popular sport.  People care.  You can't have it both ways.  Want people to care when it benefits you and not want them to care when it doesn't..  Employers fire people all the time when something big hits the presses.  It's not okay he wasn't charged with a crime.  People are [BAD WORD REMOVED] about that too.  But it also isn't okay if and I do mean if, Goodell lied.  There also is a problem with Ray Rice being given 2 games to indefinite ban simply because we saw the video.  Most people felt 2 games was incredibly weak by the NFL.  People were [BAD WORD REMOVED] then too.  This is just what made everything boil over.  Goodell dropped the ball no matter how you slice it.

Quote:...  This is just what made everything boil over.  Goodell dropped the ball no matter how you slice it.

To revel in a bit of hyperbole here, Goodell fumbled the ball, kicked it to the opposition, accidentally blocked his own player who was trying to make the tackle, slipped and ended up pushing the opponent into the end zone, then set the stadium on fire on his way out.

I really can't think of what else he could do, other than release a tape of him laughing the whole thing off, to make this any worse.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:To revel in a bit of hyperbole here, Goodell fumbled the ball, kicked it to the opposition, accidentally blocked his own player who was trying to make the tackle, slipped and ended up pushing the opponent into the end zone, then set the stadium on fire on his way out.

I really can't think of what else he could do, other than release a tape of him laughing the whole thing off, to make this any worse.

It really couldn't have been handled more poorly.  Yes, I know every must start taking their political side, but looking at this specific case, Goodell screwed up no matter how many special interest groups you want to blame.

Goodell shouldn't be fired, plain and simple. I can't stand the guy, but he did nothing wrong in this situation. 

This situation would not have raised this big of concern 20 years ago. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Goodell shouldn't be fired, plain and simple. I can't stand the guy, but he did nothing wrong in this situation. 

This situation would not have raised this big of concern 20 years ago. 

And we know he did nothing wrong how?  

Quote:And we know he did nothing wrong how?  

I mean, do you personally work for him? Pretty simply. You're against him pretty obviously just like those special interest groups you said... but can you personally say that anyone in his position at his job title wouldn't have allowed Ray Rice to go untouched provided their was no evidence like the elevator scene we saw? And again, to reiterate my last post, even if we had that video evidence 20 years ago, it wouldn't have ruined his career. So yes, the special interest groups now have too much of a say in todays activities than they should. 

Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Ray Rice. I think he's despicable. But the stuff people can get away with nowadays with a voice, compared to 20 years ago, is sometimes way overboard. 

Quote:I mean, do you personally work for him? Pretty simply. You're against him pretty obviously just like those special interest groups you said... but can you personally say that anyone in his position at his job title wouldn't have allowed Ray Rice to go untouched provided their was no evidence like the elevator scene we saw? And again, to reiterate my last post, even if we had that video evidence 20 years ago, it wouldn't have ruined his career. So yes, the special interest groups now have too much of a say in todays activities than they should. 

I have no idea what happened.  What I do know is Ray Rice should have been suspended for more then 2 games regardless of the video.  Even Goodell said he made a mistake so to say he did nothing wrong is well against even what Goodell said.  But the bigger question is what did he know and what didn't he know?  You don't know, I don't know.  We have to let it develop.  I'm not calling for him to be fired.  I'm saying if he knew about the video, saw the video or was told a different account of what took place and still suspended him for 2 games then that raises questions about his role as the commissioner.  To flat out say he did nothing wrong without knowing all the facts is strange.  No matter what he did up to this point, he has handled this terribly.  Does that mean he deserves to be fired?  Not in my opinion no.  But questions need to be answered and without the pressure of the public they would just be swept under the rug.

Quote:Oh and don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Ray Rice. I think he's despicable. But the stuff people can get away with nowadays with a voice, compared to 20 years ago, is sometimes way overboard. 

Actually you pretty much did in the other thread.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 01:42 AM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Actually you pretty much did in the other thread.

No, I didn't. 

Also, to be honest, after re-reading both comments in both threads and your responses, it's pretty clear your reading comprehension is on a 2nd grade level. I said pretty thoroughly that I have never and would never strike a girl of mine but that I'd restrain her so she couldn't hurt me. You can't get past that, because you're on a TMZ level. So I'm done responding.  

Quote:I have no idea what happened.  What I do know is Ray Rice should have been suspended for more then 2 games regardless of the video.  Even Goodell said he made a mistake so to say he did nothing wrong is well against even what Goodell said.  But the bigger question is what did he know and what didn't he know?  You don't know, I don't know.  We have to let it develop.  I'm not calling for him to be fired.  I'm saying if he knew about the video, saw the video or was told a different account of what took place and still suspended him for 2 games then that raises questions about his role as the commissioner.  To flat out say he did nothing wrong without knowing all the facts is strange.  No matter what he did up to this point, he has handled this terribly.  Does that mean he deserves to be fired?  Not in my opinion no.  But questions need to be answered and without the pressure of the public they would just be swept under the rug.

You can say what you want, but I guarantee you ANYONE in his situation would have been questioned as to whether he handled it right or wrong in this situation. To blindly say that yes, he's suspended indefinitely until we have all the facts based off a video of him dragging his g/f out of an elevator would have been at best the perfect response, but still wrong. Who's to say more evidence would ever show up? In all honesty I've always thought all elevators had cameras in them... but I've never worked in a situation where I had to make a judgement decision based off of something happening in one. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 01:43 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:No, I didn't. 

Your words, not mine: "In all honesty, if my women came at me like that, I'd put my hands on her. But I wouldn't strike her, I'd simply restrain her. But that doesnt mean that every couple is the same way. I'm sure there are couples that physically abuse each other equally."

Ummm, that is defending what he did.

Quote:You can say what you want, but I guarantee you ANYONE in his situation would have been questioned as to whether he handled it right or wrong in this situation. To blindly say that yes, he's suspended indefinitely until we have all the facts based off a video of him dragging his g/f out of an elevator would have been at best the perfect response, but still wrong. Who's to say more evidence would ever show up? In all honesty I've always thought all elevators had cameras in them... but I've never worked in a situation where I had to make a judgement decision based off of something happening in one. 

He should have been suspended for a year.  2 games, really?  You are defending that?

He dragged his unconscious girlfriend out of the elevator.  The bigger question is what did Ray Rice tell Goodell?  There are sources stating he told him he punched her.  I don't know what he said, but that will come out.  

Quote:Your words, not mine: "In all honesty, if my women came at me like that, I'd put my hands on her. But I wouldn't strike her, I'd simply restrain her. But that doesnt mean that every couple is the same way. I'm sure there are couples that physically abuse each other equally."

Ummm, that is defending what he did.

You're actually worse than social media... LOL. 

Quote:You're actually worse than social media... LOL. 

I almost feel sorry you... almost.

Quote:I almost feel sorry you... almost.

I honestly feel more sorry for you, because you comprehend on a TMZ level. But carry on your agenda, I'm sure you'll be the next TMZ reporter. Big Grin 

You really do it perfect. Pin point a specific set of words, and attack. Good job man. How is that working out for you? 

Quote:I honestly feel more sorry for you, because you comprehend on a TMZ level. But carry on your agenda, I'm sure you'll be the next TMZ reporter. Big Grin

You really do it perfect. Pin point a specific set of words, and attack. Good job man. How is that working out for you?

I posted what you wrote and obviously you can't defend it. This is why you resort to the above.

Condi Rice as next commish? Who said that? Aaaargh. She'll ban Ha Ha Clinton Dix and Danny Woodhead because their names are offensive.
Blakes Life Matters

What is the purpose of a CBA and player contracts?  The stories about Ray working on reinstatement are not far fetched.  By the rules of the CBA and the fact that an intervention program was allowed, NFL doesn't have much legal standing.  Agenda and Special interest aren't the same thing as legal standing but don't let the mob know that.

How come the Women's groups aren't flying banners in Africa demanding the end to female mutilation?  I might donate if they go after the non-headline grabbing stuff.  And I have donated to local women's shelters because they serve the community.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.