Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars release Babin

Quote:Alfie is not a journalist.  He's a blogger.

Worse yet. he's a fanboy blogger.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Has he ever been right?  About anything?

NEVER???

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'll forever keep the Babin Dreadlocks video available...

Always and Forever...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:NEVER???

NH3...

Well even a broken watch is right twice a day, so anything's possible. Tongue

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I have to believe it was du to his penalties and see something special in branch. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2014, 03:23 PM by NH3.)

Quote:Well even a broken watch is right twice a day, so anything's possible. Tongue
LOL...

So True...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Alfie has been wrong about so many things that to think he is an expert is laughable.

So true.

The only issue I have with this is that they felt Babin was important enough to give him a $500,000 bonus to sign...and now they cut him before he even gets to camp?....

That just seems like a tremendous waste of money. 

Hell, I could have REALLY used that $500K, if it was that disposable!! :blink: 

Quote:The only issue I have with this is that they felt Babin was important enough to give him a $500,000 bonus to sign...and now they cut him before he even gets to camp?....

That just seems like a tremendous waste of money. 

Hell, I could have REALLY used that $500K, if it was that disposable!! :blink:

I don't recall so maybe I'm wrong but didn't they re-sign Babin *before* they signed Clemons and big Red?

Quote:I don't recall so maybe I'm wrong but didn't they re-sign Babin *before* they signed Clemons and big Red?

I thought it was after....but I could be wrong. 

Quote:I thought it was after....but I could be wrong. 

Just did some quick googling, looks like Bryant signed on Mar 18th and Clemons and Babin signed about 5 days earlier.  The only thing I can think of is that Branch and Chris Smith are looking a whole lot better than they expected.  If that's the case, then I guess it makes sense to the let the old guy go.  In the grand scheme of things in the NFL, 500K is not that huge of a deal.

I think it just means Chris Smith may be a nice fit at LEO here.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Just did some quick googling, looks like Bryant signed on Mar 18th and Clemons and Babin signed about 5 days earlier.  The only thing I can think of is that Branch and Chris Smith are looking a whole lot better than they expected.  If that's the case, then I guess it makes sense to the let the old guy go.  In the grand scheme of things in the NFL, 500K is not that huge of a deal.

well, to me 500K is a pretty big deal! :woot: 

especially to get it for essentially nothing.....mean he didn't even have to spend one day of training camp to get it. 

500K could have lasted me a helluva long time and helped pay for a good chunk of food & bills/ everyday life for about the next couple decades... Sad

Quote:well, to me 500K is a pretty big deal! :woot:

especially to get it for essentially nothing.....mean he didn't even have to spend one day of training camp to get it. 

500K could have lasted me a helluva long time and helped pay for a good chunk of food & bills/ everyday life for about the next couple decades... Sad

Me too dude, but we're not leos.  Tongue

With as much cap space as this team has to burn through, $500k for an insurance policy is peanuts. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]