Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player

Quote:Started every game even when injured.

Brings professional work ethic always

True team player, never complains.

Gives 100% always

Honest, family man with zero off field issues.

Plays with passion.

All positives.
...yay?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 02:23 PM by Joe.)

Quote:"Backing" your unestablished stance with more questions...

Your questions have already been answered.

However, you've yet to make your case at all.

You're better than this 99% of the time... except when you go overboard with the hyperbole, like now.

Again... there is absolutely zero evidence to show that Alualu "has been useless to this team."

If you can't back it, it's doesn't hold water. Period.

That makes it your unfounded opinion, and not fact.
Lol the answers to his questions were more based on his character. His ONE answer that regarded his play was that he started ALMOST his whole time here.

Thank God you aren't in charge of an NFL football team.

Forget the fact that during thosw starts we were at the bottom of the league in rush D, and in the first year of a colossal rebuild.

Alualu set this team back. He was a waste of a draft pic, and we ultimately had to tie up money in finding his replacement. So he wasnt in charge of where he was drafted... I bet all 1st round busts wish they could use that excuse.

Quote:Lol the answers to his questions were more based on his character. His ONE answer that regarded his play was that he started ALMOST his whole time here.

Thank God you aren't in charge of an NFL football team.

Forget the fact that during thosw starts we were at the bottom of the league in rush D, and in the first year of a colossal rebuild.

Alualu set this team back. He was a waste of a draft pic, and we ultimately had to tie up money in finding his replacement. So he wasnt in charge of where he was drafted... I bet all 1st round busts wish they could use that excuse.
Remove Alualu and replace him with any other player, everything else remains the same. There would be close to zero difference in the success of the team over the last three seasons. Even if said player was a perennial pro bowler. The entire body of talent has been sub par.

There has been three separate regimes that deemed him worth keeping on the roster. the current regime has showed zero problem with making cuts. They do not support the idea of cutting him at this time apparently. He does not need to make " excuses."

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 02:42 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Lol, exceptions to ever rule.  My opinion is that while he isn't a world beater, Alualu can at least hold his position.  There have been weaker spots on the Jags D than Alualu.

My question is whether Alualu would be better or worse on a good team.   In other words, would Alualu have benefited playing on a team like the Ravens where offenses need to focus on Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, etc OR would he have been weeded out and cut.... or somewhere in between (e.g. role player) -- probably this one.

Quote:Remove Alualu and replace him with any other player, everything else remains the same. There would be close to zero difference in the success of the team over the last three seasons. Even if said player was a perennial pro bowler. The entire body of talent has been sub par.

There has been three separate regimes that deemed him worth keeping on the roster. the current regime has showed zero problem with making cuts. They do not support the idea of cutting him at this time apparently. He does not need to make " excuses."

2 GMs kept him on the roster. One being the idiot who drafted him, and the other benched him after one year.

Lol 3 regimes...

You Alualu apologist act like Alualu was making.plays when the rest of the D did nothing. Alualu was just as invisible as any other terrible.defender out there. He was actually so bad in the beggining, they had to try to find a different position for him.

This entire Alualu series of threads remind me of trying to please the impossible customer.

M'am if we refund your money 1000%, give you the product brand new free of charge, shoot the salesperson who sold you the product, hang his supervisor, flog the store manager and sell his children into slavery, bomb the factory that made the product and erradicate all the supplier's will that satisfy you?

No matter what Tyson Alualu does in the future, some folks will scream for his head, lable him a BUST and will never be satisfied that Gus did not, (insert rant above)

He has not lived up to expectations, not even close for some folks. I can think of much bigger dissapointments from the first round.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Lol.. it's pretty funny when you have homers who scan stat sheets and ESPN for highlights when they go and judge a player.

To each his own I guess.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

At this point, I'm not even sure why there's a debate to be had here.  His draft position is irrelevant today.  The current regime didn't draft him, so where he was selected doesn't matter to them in the least.  If he's worthy of a roster spot, they'll find one for him.  If there isn't, he won't be there on opening day.  Past stats don't matter.  Draft position doesn't matter.  All that matters is how he fits into the plans moving forward for 2014.  Either he's here or he isn't.  It'll be decided by people with far better insight into what the expectations are than anyone on this message board.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Where would you rank Alualu in terms of DTs in team history?

He is definitely behind

1.  Stroud

2.  Henderson

3.  Walker

4.  Payne

5.  Meier

6.  Grady Jackson

7.  John Jurkovic

and you can argue he ranks behind

8.  Don Davey

9. Kelvin Pritchett

That's a good point. I'm not sure I can argue against it, but I'll say that I'd probably move Jurkovic up one and Alualu behind him. 

I like Jackson. He only played about half a season; I don't see how he could have contributed more than a 3-year starter.

I still don't think Alualu is a bad DT. I get your point, however. I may have been wrong about where Alualu ranks in comparison to other DTs. I think that says more about the quality of DTs that we expect. 

Quote:It wasn't his fault he was drafted 10th overall, and his lack of control over where he was drafted is spectacularly besides the point.

The fact is he was drafted 10th, and players drafted 10th overall have higher expectations than being "a really good backup."

He hasn't come close to realizing those expectations. 

Were he drafted in the 4th round, we'd still be talking about him as a bubble player and questioning his worth to the team.

Ok?  That's not what this has been about....this whole discussion is about him being a bust and not doing anything.

Now people want to backtrack and rehash the whole he isn't living up to his draft potential.  That has already been discussed in this thread...

Not one person in this thread who has said he is a decent (below decent) player has said he should be a starter or that he lived up to his draft position, they are simply saying he is not as bad as many Jag fans make him come off as.

Quote:2 GMs kept him on the roster. One being the idiot who drafted him, and the other benched him after one year.

Lol 3 regimes...

You Alualu apologist act like Alualu was making.plays when the rest of the D did nothing. Alualu was just as invisible as any other terrible.defender out there. He was actually so bad in the beggining, they had to try to find a different position for him.
Apologist? That's comical. You Alualu haters act as if the jags were superbowl bound had it not been for him. See how that works both ways?

Quote:Apologist? That's comical. You Alualu haters act as if the jags were superbowl bound had it not been for him. See how that works both ways?

Lol, I was going to comment on that post a similar way. 

No matter what stats or examples you give for Alualu, certain people will label him a bust.  Starting 5 years in the NFL over 3 different coaches is a bust now....regardless of whether the roster lacked talent, the GM's didnt decide to find a replacement until now.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 03:08 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Apologist? That's comical. You Alualu haters act as if the jags were superbowl bound had it not been for him. See how that works both ways?
Lol you're rebuttals are comical.

Your situation doesnt go both ways, if it had not been for Gene Smith drafting him, we easily could of had a probowl player on D, versus... ya know... taking a DT/DE whos only accomplishment is existing.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Lol, I was going to comment on that post a similar way.

No matter what stats or examples you give for Alualu, certain people will label him a bust. Starting 5 years in the NFL over 3 different coaches is a bust now....regardless of whether the roster lacked talent, the GM's didnt decide to find a replacement until now.
Didnt someone.already shut u up with that " bust dont play 5 years" talk?

He started on probably the worst D this team has ever seen, along with the worst GM/ coach, with players such as Leger Dousable outplaying him. I really hope u.have.more than that to.defend him.

BTW I wont mention GMs dont cut/ bench top 10 picks in their first 3 years... so keep harping that 5 year crap.

Quote:Didnt someone.already shut u up with that " bust dont play 5 years" talk?

He started on probably the worst D this team has ever seen, with players such as Leger Dousable outplaying him.

BTW I wont mention GMs dont cut/ bench top 10 picks in their first 3 years.

What is the point of any of this? 

It's pointless IMO.  The GM that drafted him is long gone.  If he doesn't fit into the plans for this team moving forward, he'll be gone.  Who cares what BCC is trying to do to prop him up? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 03:28 PM by Joe.)

Quote:What is the point of any of this?

It's pointless IMO. The GM that drafted him is long gone. If he doesn't fit into the plans for this team moving forward, he'll be gone. Who cares what BCC is trying to do to prop him up?
Its a message board. Someone made a thread regarding a certain subject, and I replied. Im not making u read this, nor am I speaking on this subject in a non related thread.

Why dont we just have original posts for threads, if you dont want discussion about it.

Quote:Its a message board. Someone made a thread regarding a certain subject, and I replied. Im not making u read this, nor am I speaking on this subject in a non related thread.

Why dont we just have original posts for threads, if you dont want discussion about it.

My point is the horse is dead a dozen times over in this thread.  You're more than welcome to keep flogging it if it makes you feel better.  Nobody is stopping you from doing so. 

Quote:What is the point of any of this? 

It's pointless IMO.  The GM that drafted him is long gone.  If he doesn't fit into the plans for this team moving forward, he'll be gone.  Who cares what BCC is trying to do to prop him up? 
For me, just wasting cyberspace. I do find it odd how Joe and a couple others really get on the dude. I'm beginning to think it really does not have anything to do with Alualu. I'm beginning to think that it is more about who wasn't drafted at ten that year. Ninja

Quote:My point is the horse is dead a dozen times over in this thread. You're more than welcome to keep flogging it if it makes you feel better. Nobody is stopping you from doing so.
I forgot how The Jungle is full of up to date conversation that hasnt been discussed before.

People responded to my posts, and I answered.