Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Happened To The Mad Dog? Banned Again?

I think it's cool that the mods jump in here and sling insults at posters and even at each other. It's part of what makes this message board pretty fun to visit. Remember, there was almost no board (or at least no Sideline) until Dakota and others led the charge to try to save it.

JID agreed to let it go on with a team of moderators selected by us and under specific rules and regs. When the mods were named, I was surprised at a couple of them as I never would have expected them to become mods. They have done a good, no, great job. So what if they rip someone, they're having fun too.

We should all appreciate their efforts more than we do.

(Hi TMD, sorry about attacking you in the Senior Bowl thread.)

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So...it's okay and acceptable to call someone names as long as you're a moderator? In that case, I want to be a mod too.

So you want to be a mod...

What are your feelings towards sheep?

(not the metaphor for followers... the fleece as white as snow kind)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So...it's okay and acceptable to call someone names as long as you're a moderator? In that case, I want to be a mod too.

If you stay within the rules, it's ok to call people names even if you're not a moderator.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

FYI guys, I was only joking about wanting to be a mod just so that I can say things to people.

Quote:FYI guys, I was only joking about wanting to be a mod just so that I can say things to people.

Didn't you used to rave about wanting to be a mod at one time? Never let your dreams die!
"I'll die young, but it's like kissing God."

Quote:Didn't you used to rave about wanting to be a mod at one time? Never let your dreams die!
Oh I still very much want to be a mod. It's just that if I'm going to have anything to say to anyone, it will be in a PM. I mean after all, it's not like they can just send out the "Thought Police" and give you a warning in a PM.

Quote:Oh I still very much want to be a mod. It's just that if I'm going to have anything to say to anyone, it will be in a PM. I mean after all, it's not like they can just send out the "Thought Police" and give you a warning in a PM.

You hope they can't! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Oh I still very much want to be a mod. It's just that if I'm going to have anything to say to anyone, it will be in a PM. I mean after all, it's not like they can just send out the "Thought Police" and give you a warning in a PM.

No, but a PM can be reported, and the sender can be warned if appropriate.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not out to get you.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:No, but a PM can be reported, and the sender can be warned if appropriate.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not out to get you.

huh so question is political talk in PM's a no no, or giving links to live streaming in PM's a no no?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:The mods banned TMD because they were ordered to by Shad Khan once TMD revealed the tanking payoff scheme prevalent in the NFL.  I wouldn't be surprised if Roger Goodell himself was behind the banning. 
I knew it. As soon as I saw the greyed out name I thought...'So they finally got him again...' I don't know how he keeps getting rid of the microchips...

Seriously though, I like TMD's conspiracy theories, they make the board much more entertaining. I think TMD has been banned over half the time I have been a member (about 4 years). Its sad. A lot of the older posters get on him, even when he isn't being crazy. I sympathize. I wasn't around for the Heydey of TMD's craziness, he definitely, besides NFL conspiracy theory's, seems alright. I am not sure his content is worthy of banning at this point.

But I don't think it would be bad for him to have some time off. It is probably stressful being the kind of fan (even I admit its not normal) he is at this moment.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 01:24 AM by Hard_Eight.)

Quote:If you stay within the rules, it's ok to call people names even if you're not a moderator.
Cool, good to know ya stoney,  bed-wetting, Momma's boy diva. 

Not that I'm a big proponent of his but, some of the flak a few of the mods gave him was beyond ridiculous. 

I'll miss his flip-floppin on issues faster than a politician. At least was a bit of a Yin to the Yang. Though it was most often misguided.

Mods = NSA? You see all!? lol

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 01:30 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:I've resisted posting in this thread but will do so once. TMD seems like a relatively intelligent guy. I have had PM conversations with him, so what I say to him on the board isn't the only thing that goes on. That said, he goes out of his way to be obnoxious, irritating, superior and just ridiculous at times. There are plenty of posters that I disagree with, but none get under my skin the way that he does. And that's exactly what he's going for. And I will guarantee you that I'm not the only one that feels this way. And even if he attempts to 'tone it down' at this point, he's already created his persona so it will be difficult to shake. I absolutely do not feel sorry for him. I do not feel that the ban is harsh. He deserves anything he gets because I'm sure he gets plenty of leeway and warnings.

Will I miss his posts? How can you not? I may even miss some of the subject matter. But I really get sick of the way he presents his views, especially when he talks down to people.

That's my view and only time I'll speak on this.
I think it is worse for you all who have been here longer. I respect that you put this out there instead of some cantankerous remark. I said I don't find him to be near as annoying as some of the older posters seem too (like I said only since '10 for me on the board, and TMD has been banned on it most of that time). But I can respect that based on prior behavior I am not aware of there is a preexisting feeling that may be different. 

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Most people are not criminals, but we still have laws that govern society. 

I'm saying that if you set a post count, an automatic post count, where the system will cut you off automatically when you've met your daily maximum number of posts, then the mods don't need to hassle with people who hijack threads.   They get cut off automatically.   They have to wait until the next day to post more.   Make it automatic, no human intervention or judgment required.  

Set the maximum daily post count at, say, 20 or 25.   When someone like TMD posts his 25th post of the day, the system automatically cuts him off.   The next day, the system resets his post count back to one, and he can post again. 
Lol, how long would that take? He would be cut off by 1000am

Quote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone else ever received a 6 month ban or anything like it? 
Krayz was definitely banned for that long or more.

Quote:Good point but, they're above the law.

Anyway, the main board is quite the drag today. Y'all get on it.
You pulled the motor out and your wondering why the car don't go? No TMD =  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG offseason.

Quote:If my mother posted on this board and displayed behavior that lent itself to those terms, I'd recognize that she is an adult and knew what she was getting into when she started posting comments on the internet. I might defend her, but I wouldn't consider any of those terms particularly hateful or harassing. Is your skin really that thin? My mom never called me a bed wetter, but she told me to quit being a crybaby once. Guess what, I quit being a crybaby.

When I think hateful, I think of racist terms like the n-word and raghead.

When I think of harassment, I think of responding to every post in every thread with an off topic insult, and unwanted PMs.

Lazy? Attention craving? Really? I know good, decent parents who have referred to their own children in harsher terms at one time or another.

Now, a point can be made that mods should be above that, and I know you, in particular, have commented on it before. It's a valid point, and one that will forever be an issue when there are user moderators on a message board. All I can say in response is that every one of us sincerely care for this board, and are invested in keeping it the best official team message board in the NFL.

Also, the mods that typically post on The Sideline on a regular basis have modified their style and toned it down quite a bit since becoming mods. We have received warnings, one was even relieved of his responsibilities. I've been called out here for skirting the political boundary too much, and rightfully so. But I challenge anyone reading this to show me an example of a warning being issued for behavior regularly displayed by any moderator. If we are indeed above the law, I'd like to know exactly why one would say that.
I never knew that such a thing as a 'raghead' existed much less was a insult that people cared about. Man that sounds like it came straight out of kindergarten.

Even in his absence, TMD most polarizing issue on this board. Somethings never do change
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I never knew that such a thing as a 'raghead' existed much less was a insult that people cared about. Man that sounds like it came straight out of kindergarten.

Kindergarten is about where the mental development stopped for those people who use the word in earnest.

Quote:Kindergarten is about where the mental development stopped for those people who use the word in earnest.

What's wrong with using "in earnest"?  I thought it seemed pretty good...and two words...not one.

Huh

Quote:What's wrong with using "in earnest"?  I thought it seemed pretty good...and two words...not one.

I thought Earnest was a place.

My bad.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]