Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
jags agree to new 4 year deal with Marks

Quote:I was wondering if there are any jags fans who hate this move..

Never mind. Just saw Jungle cat's post.
So no jags fans hate this move but in keeping with the festive season

Trollollolo lo lo lol lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Never mind. Just saw Jungle cat's post.

I wouldn't worry about that.

;

;

Great! 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

The deal is reportedly worth up to $22 mil over 4 years with an $8 mil signing bonus. The "worth up to" phrase has me thinking incentives are involved, and the explanation that he signed this year so some of the money will count on this year's cap has me thinking this is about the signing bonus. That is, instead of the 8 mil being split up as $2 mil per year over the next four years, it's instead split up as $1.6 mil per year over five years including this year. That's basically a $400,000 per year savings.

'02

Quote:I did not like the re-signing. Marks put up average numbers. Even if he doubled his 2013 salary figure it was reward enough for JUST average play.

Reports are there's a glut of quality defensive linemen in free agency this season. There are also the usual number of quality defensive linemen in this year's draft.

So, it makes no sense to sign Marks when we could easily have snagged a much better defensive lineman in either free agency or the draft.

We can still snag up one of your FA DT and have a nasty D-Line. To you Marks was average, but look at what he had to work with around him. Grab one of your "better defensive linemen" and put him next to Marks and we get great play.

Dave knows what he is doing, and I'm sure knows how to build an NFL roster better than you and I. 

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I can only help to feel that ever since that old sorry [BLEEP] regime has moved on and this new regime has moved in, we're not going to shop for our players at The Goodwill anymore.. Thank God for small favors..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I also like the signing and think it's a fair deal for both sides. He has made a lot of plays for the Jags and really stood out at times.

Now keep "eating crumbs and stay hungry" Marks.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Dave knows what he is doing, and I'm sure knows how to build an NFL roster better than you and I. 

Heard that one once or twice before.

I like this signing but I also liked the Mincey signing at the time...

I hope he can keep up his production and that this past year wasn't a fluke. Don't remember the tacks thinking too highly of him when he played there.

@OnGuardJax

Quote:I like this signing but I also liked the Mincey signing at the time...

I hope he can keep up his production and that this past year wasn't a fluke. Don't remember the tacks thinking too highly of him when he played there.

The tacks wanted to sign him to a new contract but apparently they did undervalue him.

Quote:The tacks wanted to sign him to a new contract but apparently they did undervalue him.

Correct, they also had him playing the one tech I believe so Jurrell Casey could be the 3 tech. I'm sure they didn't value him at the one as much as the Jags do at the 3.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

If he keeps it up, it's a great deal.. 

If he doesn't, of course the deal sucks but that is how it is with every single FA signing.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I did not like the re-signing. Marks put up average numbers. Even if he doubled his 2013 salary figure it was reward enough for JUST average play.

Reports are there's a glut of quality defensive linemen in free agency this season. There are also the usual number of quality defensive linemen in this year's draft.

So, it makes no sense to sign Marks when we could easily have snagged a much better defensive lineman in either free agency or the draft.
The thing is though, his play wasn't average. He's ranked the sixth best DT at his position.
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Good fair move for both sides.  Marks now becomes part of the teams core.  Sen'Derrick's performance has been above average in all aspects of his game since being signed by the Jaguars.  His performance on the field has outperformed his contract.  He has played in close to 85% of the snaps.  As talent is upgraded that number will be reduced making him fresher.  As paulyman29 stated, he offers scheme versatility in that he can play the 1 and 3 techniques.  Off the field, Sen'Derrick was a leader in the locker room.  He was professional at all times and showed true leadership skills.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Quote:The thing is though, his play wasn't average. He's ranked the sixth best DT at his position.
He's just trolling. That's what he does, look at his posting history. If nobody responds he will eventually go away.

Quote:This is great news, and will show the rest of the team that hard work and great play pays off.

Dave has sent a clear message to the rest of the team with this extension as well as any future FA we pick up next off season on a 1 or 2 year deal. Work hard, Make plays GET $$$$!

What i like the most is that it included under this years cap.

This along with the other veterasn on the team buying into Bradley has me really excited for the FA outlook of the team in the future. I can see some defensive stars wanting to come down here and be a part of the D we are building based on resignings like this one.

You work hard you get paid and you get to be part of a good defensive scheme with a good defensive coach. Seems like a perfect spot for a top FA defender.

Alright!

Colts were compelled enough to double team him. Once we find another d-lineman to take the double team off of Marks, our defense will improve.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:He's just trolling. That's what he does, look at his posting history. If nobody responds he will eventually go away.

It's so obvious. I stumbled upon some sort of Jaguar blog he has on the T-U site. Lets just say, "drugs are bad m'kay".

;

;