Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Auburn vs Florida State: BCS National Championship discussion thread.

Quote:We have better horses than Oregon. Our offensive line matches up a lot better than theirs did.

no

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:no

Oh, right. Because we're an ACC team right?

Quote:Oh, right. Because we're an ACC team right?

yes

Quote:yes

Solid insight, chief. 

I can imagine how mad you are seeing an ACC team in the national title game. Can't imagine how you'll be after we beat an almighty SEC team.

What does Oregon have to do with anything? The Ducks did not even win their division.

Quote:Solid insight, chief. 

I can imagine how mad you are seeing an ACC team in the national title game. Can't imagine how you'll be after we beat an almighty SEC team.

Of course that almighty SEC team will not get blown out like your best ACC opponent was.

Quote:Solid insight, chief. 

Ok

Quote:Of course that almighty SEC team will not get blown out like your best ACC opponent was.

Oh right. SEC teams are incapable of being blown out by anyone other than other SEC teams.

I love how after two last second lucky wins, Auburn is being treated like some juggernaut now. I hope FSU stays in Tallahassee. We have no chance.

Quote:Oh right. SEC teams are incapable of being blown out by anyone other than other SEC teams.

I love how after two last second lucky wins, Auburn is being treated like some juggernaut now. I hope FSU stays in Tallahassee. We have no chance.

Some juggernaut?  Auburn is the underdog.

Quote:Oh right. SEC teams are incapable of being blown out by anyone other than other SEC teams.

What was the other last-second win? Auburn pulled away in the fourth quarter so no miracle play was required in Atlanta.

Quote:What was the other last-second win? Auburn pulled away in the fourth quarter so no miracle play was required in Atlanta.

I was referring to the wins against Georgia and Alabama.

Quote:I was referring to the wins against Georgia and Alabama.

Didn't someone say their one loss was to Georgia?

Quote:Didn't someone say their one loss was to Georgia?

They lost to LSU.

Quote:The Jaguars need to upgrade their offensive line. If your linemen are good enough to start in the NFL when they become eligible, they will be on our radar.
Hey listen..I don't begrudge any player who's eligible..to go to the pros.. Cam took off. I hated to see him go and leave us that last year. But let's look at that logically.. Here's a guy who is just made for the NFL.. He belongs and he can be and has been an asset to the Panthers. You risk getting an injury in the SEC with the 100% effort he gives and especially carrying a weaker much more unbalanced Auburn team on his shoulders.. I didn't think his decision to go was a bad one. It was the wise thing to do for a man of his talent and abilities. There were, of course, many who disagreed with me.. I just call it like I see it..and I try to see all angles before just blasting.. This is Alabama..home of the trailer park redneck who hasn't stepped foot on a college campus but will pull a gun on you if you have a bad word to say about Bear Bryant. A man who's picture is placed side by side with a painting of Jesus Christ. I asked a waitress one time at a Waffle House about a picture they had up.. I asked where's your picture of Jesus? ...noticing a picture of Bear Bryant and she said.."it's right there, what are you blind?" 

Before you get to worked up.. You might want to look at AU's schedule.. This is a team who beat Texas A&M, Ga. and Alabama.. And I've already explained how that game was lost by Saban.. It wasn't a fluke.. He put a freshman in to kick for 57 yards.. Now, where is that ball going to fall? ...wide right? ..Left? or short? It doesn't take a genius to figure hey..put a man down there and grab it.. The Ala. staff should have seen that and defended it or not liked what they saw and taken a knee and gone to OT.. The end of that game was an example of one coach letting his ego run away with him and the other out smarting..or out coaching him. We had one lucky game this year against Ga. But even then we lead Ga. by three TDs until the last twelve minutes.. We screwed around and lost that huge lead..yep bad move on Auburn's part..and then we had some luck with a Hail Marry.. The Bama game was not luck.. It is a myth that Auburn is just a weak but lucky team..and that FSU-as good as they are-can't be taken down by AU.. They can.. I like Auburn for this game and not just because I'm a fan but, they don't know how to lose. They're well coached and nobody has stopped their running game yet.. And before you come back with it.. Alabama could not stop Mason. If FSU wants to win this game...you stop the run. If you do, you'll be the first to have done it. I have a healthy respect for FSU.. And I'm not one of these SEC guys who thinks the only power players are in the SEC.. Look at Tenn. and Ol' Miss. I love the ACC.. And really FSU plays like an SEC team. They are to be respected.. But I am an Auburn fan and I did want to point a few things out to you..misconceptions, if you will.. and thanks for letting me.

Quote:Before you get to worked up.. You might want to look at AU's schedule.. This is a team who beat Texas A&M, Ga. and Alabama.. And I've already explained how that game was lost by Saban.. It wasn't a fluke.. He put a freshman in to kick for 57 yards.. Now, where is that ball going to fall? ...wide right? ..Left? or short? It doesn't take a genius to figure hey..put a man down there and grab it.. The Ala. staff should have seen that and defended it or not liked what they saw and taken a knee and gone to OT.. The end of that game was an example of one coach letting his ego run away with him and the other out smarting..or out coaching him. We had one lucky game this year against Ga. But even then we lead Ga. by three TDs until the last twelve minutes.. We screwed around and lost that huge lead..yep bad move on Auburn's part..and then we had some luck with a Hail Marry.. The Bama game was not luck.. It is a myth that Auburn is just a weak but lucky team..and that FSU-as good as they are-can't be taken down by AU.. They can.. I like Auburn for this game and not just because I'm a fan but, they don't know how to lose. They're well coached and nobody has stopped their running game yet.. And before you come back with it.. Alabama could not stop Mason. If FSU wants to win this game...you stop the run. If you do, you'll be the first to have done it. I have a healthy respect for FSU.. And I'm not one of these SEC guys who thinks the only power players are in the SEC.. Look at Tenn. and Ol' Miss. I love the ACC.. And really FSU plays like an SEC team. They are to be respected.. But I am an Auburn fan and I did want to point a few things out to you..misconceptions, if you will.. and thanks for letting me.

I'm not saying Auburn is weak at all. They're a very good team. My response to Auburn being a juggernaut was not necessarily directed at anyone on here, but on some of the other forums I read, Auburn and SEC fans act like this is the greatest offense ever and what not.

I think the month off will benefit us more than anything. I don't think with a month layoff that the Auburn offense will pick up where it left off. We probably have the most athletic defense that Auburn will face all year, and we have the athletes at every level on defense to defend this offense. 

Auburn will make some plays, I have no doubt about that. I do like our chances at keeping their run game in check though.

Quote:no

Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'...

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 11:18 PM by badger.)

Quote:Keep trollin', trollin', trollin'...

how was that even remotely trolling?  all i said was 'no'. lmbo

Quote:I'm not saying Auburn is weak at all. They're a very good team. My response to Auburn being a juggernaut was not necessarily directed at anyone on here, but on some of the other forums I read, Auburn and SEC fans act like this is the greatest offense ever and what not.

I think the month off will benefit us more than anything. I don't think with a month layoff that the Auburn offense will pick up where it left off. We probably have the most athletic defense that Auburn will face all year, and we have the athletes at every level on defense to defend this offense. 

Auburn will make some plays, I have no doubt about that. I do like our chances at keeping their run game in check though.

didn't that BC running back have a bunch of yards against FSU?  

Quote:didn't that BC running back have a bunch of yards against FSU?  

Yes, but we were missing three of our best defensive players due to suspension, and the players were still getting used to the new scheme. I think we've adjusted just fine since then.