Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who do you think will win The Game Saturday?
Ohio State Buckeyes
Michigan Wolverines
[Show Results]

The Game: Ohio State at Michigan

Quote:Would Fla throw a game so Ga could advance?  Don't be stupid.

Can you imagine one of the Florida fans that starts tailgating in Jacksonville on a Tuesday before the annual UF-UGA game wanting to see Georgia advance in anything other than in losing?   I'm sure you can't,  as I sure can't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yawn.....12-0 best win is against a 9-3 team..facts are facts...try playing a real out of conference schedule and maybe the respect will come....last time against a top ten team in the regular season September 2009......not exactly scheduling for respect!!!!
Insert any team you wish into the Ohio State schedule, be it FSU, Alabama, Auburn or whoever.  My question is does the level of competition degrade the quality of the team?  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Can you imagine one of the Florida fans that starts tailgating in Jacksonville on a Tuesday before the annual UF-UGA game wanting to see Georgia advance in anything other than in losing?   I'm sure you can't,  as I sure can't.
Exactly.  I cannot for the life of me get why these SEC fans think other conferences think or act any differently than they do.  Talk about arrogant!  Heck I am a mid-major alum and if my team were in line to knock off NIU to keep them out of BCS Bowl Buster roll I would hope the Bobcats win 95- 0!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:This. Michigan wouldn't intentionally lose to Ohio State for any reason. If anything they'd be happier to humiliate tOSU anyway they can
It sure looked like they fell on their sword. Going for two there was really dubious. We all looked at each other and laughed that Michigan was throwing away a win to keep Ohio State in the hunt.

Politics makes strange bed-fellows.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Once Auburn beat Mizzou for the SEC title game, Auburn will jump to #2. I'm not an SEC guy at all, but if Auburn does jump, I won't complain this time. Auburn would have beaten two top 5 teams back-to-back.

Quote:Exactly.  I cannot for the life of me get why these SEC fans think other conferences think or act any differently than they do.  Talk about arrogant!  Heck I am a mid-major alum and if my team were in line to knock off NIU to keep them out of BCS Bowl Buster roll I would hope the Bobcats win 95- 0!

A number of years ago I went to a Ohio-Eastern Michigan game.  It might have been when former Texans WR Kevin Walter was still with EMU.   I've always enjoyed the MAC games I've attended.

The MAC Conference certainly has great traditions and rivalries.   CMU vs. WMU comes to mind immediately as a heated/ passionate rivalry.

Using the Jaguars as part of the discussion,  I'm confident that the vast majority of Jaguars fans rooted for the NFC St. Louis Rams in the 1999 season Super Bowl instead of the AFC Central Jeff Fisher led Tennessee franchise.

Quote:Game should not have been that close.

I don't think anybody said it was supposed to be close. But who cares besides Ohio State and Michigan fans? It is what it is: OSU 42, UM 41.

Fact of the matter is Ohio State did not get lucky and Auburn was very lucky. Do you want a one-loss team to be ranked #2 because of pure luck?

Quote:And Auburn shouldn't have won. Bama's kicker shouldn't have missed 4 FG attempts, They shouldn't have let him run it back for a 100+ yd TD.

It did happen, and the result is what it is. Ohio State is unbeaten, and Alabama won't sniff the SEC championship, or the NCG. 

Three misses by Cade Foster and one by whoever #99 is. But the last FG attempt was only made possible by the replay official because that put a second on the clock. I don't get this crap about Auburn should be #2 when Alabama had the burden to win and blew it.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 10:48 AM by jagjer.)

OSU didn't need to get lucky.....they played no team ranked above 15 all year....but it helped that a team that dropped 41 points on that overrated D made a dumb playcall on a two point conversion.

I would consider OSU more "unchallenged" than "unbeaten".

Auburn deserves it more.

If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:OSU didn't need to get lucky.....they played no team ranked above 15 all year....but it helped that a team that dropped 41 points on that overrated D made a dumb playcall on a two point conversion.

I would consider OSU more "unchallenged" than "unbeaten".

Auburn deserves it more.

It was not a dumb play call. Brady Hoke knew the chances of Devin Gardner completing a 2-yard pass were much higher than winning the game in overtime. OSU earned it by intercepting that pass.

You are dead wrong about Ohio State being unchallenged. Wisconsin is #20 and won 9 games. I counted four teams - 1/3 of their schedule - with winning records.

Quote:Insert any team you wish into the Ohio State schedule, be it FSU, Alabama, Auburn or whoever.  My question is does the level of competition degrade the quality of the team?  
Yes it does...they put 41 on a team that gave 50+ to Indiana......big deal.  If they manage to beat Michigan State then maybe people will take them serious as unbeaten..not just a team who plays no one!!

Quote:It was not a dumb play call. Brady Hoke knew the chances of Devin Gardner completing a 2-yard pass were much higher than winning the game in overtime. OSU earned it by intercepting that pass.

You are dead wrong about Ohio State being unchallenged. Wisconsin is #20 and won 9 games. I counted four teams - 1/3 of their schedule - with winning records.

They should have run it on the conversion.

What other currently ranked team have they beaten?

Mid majors with winning records....pffft...color me unimpressed.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 03:08 PM by jagjer.)

Osu is a joke

Quote:Osu is a joke

Can't be said enough.