Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's officially FSU-Miami week

Quote:Miami has to keep it close early. If they can make it to mid 2nd qtr with a deficit of 7 or less, or even up 3 or more, they have a shot.

They can't afford to allow FSU to have a Clemson like start to the game. It'll be lights out early if that happens.

I'll start to worry if it is close going into the 4th.  2nd and 3rd quarter for FSU has been huge this year.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see Miami even being able to hang for a half. FSU is too deep for the Hurricanes. 48-20 Seminoles.

;

;

Quote:what is with the "us" and "we" stuff? do you play for FSU?
This is end of thread

38 - 24  FSU

Is it OK for a Buckeyes fan to root for FSU? Like Clemson last week, it is a game where I wish both teams could lose.

"WE", are going to destroy Miami this weekend. I consider "US", one of the better teams in the country.. 

I've been a fan of FSU for 30+ years now.. I don't play for the team, but they are MY team.. Don't like it? Don't read it.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:No worries over here as a Miami alumni.  FSU will find a way to choke against the Canes as they typically do.  Prep yourself for Wide Right 3 or is it 4 by now?

Maybe you haven't watched FSU much this year.

Lets just look at last week.

FSU scored 48 in the first half against NC State and had their backups in the second half.

MIami needed a last minute touchdown to beat Wake.

Quote:Maybe you haven't watched FSU much this year.

Lets just look at last week.

FSU scored 48 in the first half against NC State and had their backups in the second half.

MIami needed a last minute touchdown to beat Wake.
Miami probably shouldn't even show up then. I can hear ol Lou Holtz now.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Have you seen Miami play?

We cover the spread easily.... Stephen Morris will throw at least 3 int's. against our secondary, It's a Clemson style beatdown that awaits the Canes...they score nomore than 10 pts against our defense.

Florida State. 59

Miami. 10

Quote:This is end of thread
This is funny here. I have a buddy who hates the "us:" and "we" stuff too. He always says who? You and the mouse in your pocket?

;

Quote:This is funny here. I have a buddy who hates the "us:" and "we" stuff too. He always says who? You and the mouse in your pocket?

I have a friend who is a Florida grad. He gets so mad when people say "us" and "we" about a school they didn't go to. Someone will say "us" when talking about FSU and he'll say "oh, what year did you graduate?".

Quote:I have a friend who is a Florida grad. He gets so mad when people say "us" and "we" about a school they didn't go to. Someone will say "us" when talking about FSU and he'll say "oh, what year did you graduate?".
It really doesn't bother me at all. Pro or college. Fans get invested, both emotionally and financially. I can see why us and we are used.

;

I never played for FSU, but I am a grad class of 2008. Does that count?

Quote:No, to even estimate something like that is foolish.

Ok, so we both came to the conclusion that every fan base has it's obnoxious ones, are you willing to admit UF has some as well?

Quote:I'm willing to bet the same exact percentage of Gator fans that are knowledgable is equal to the amount of FSU fans.

My Facebook feed is filled with the bandwagoners that have jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm pretty neutral.  I'm pushing for FSU to go undefeated and get a shot at the national title.  FSU/Alabama or FSU/Oregon is a great match up.

I agree every fan base has is bandwagons who jump on and off, I don't understand what's different about FSU.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:It really doesn't bother me at all. Pro or college. Fans get invested, both emotionally and financially. I can see why us and we are used.

Agreed.  Did I go to FSU?  No, I did not.  Had I stayed in college I would have eventually went there to get my MBA, but went into Real Estate after 1 year at UNF.  I have however cheered for them since I was 8 years old.  I still remember watching it on a 24" TV.  I was introduced into the Noles with wide right #1!!!  Ugh...  Any fan who has watched a team for 22 years has a lot invested.  And I did not jump off the bandwagon after 2003.  I took a beating from gator fans for about a decade.  So yeah, I may say "we won" and I do hope it annoys people when I do.  And I do say "We Are Jaguars" at the games on Sundays.  

Quote:  

I never played for FSU, but I am a grad class of 2008. Does that count?

Ok, so we both came to the conclusion that every fan base has it's obnoxious ones, are you willing to admit UF has some as well?

I agree every fan base has is bandwagons who jump on and off, I don't understand what's different about FSU.

You weren't here when trav (formerly known as JJ) and I argued about whose fan base was more obnoxious.  Not that it is necessary to rehash that wonderful debate which I definitely won  Smile , but this is the reason it is coming up now.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013, 10:47 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

.... i originally supported not using "us" or "we" unless you went to the school but after reading some of the posts, I think I'm reconsidering my position because I don't fully understand the passion people had for years about their team down here in the south.

So score prediction is 44-24 Noles.

Noles 45

Canes 10

Quote:Agreed. Did I go to FSU? No, I did not. Had I stayed in college I would have eventually went there to get my MBA, but went into Real Estate after 1 year at UNF. I have however cheered for them since I was 8 years old. I still remember watching it on a 24" TV. I was introduced into the Noles with wide right #1!!! Ugh... Any fan who has watched a team for 22 years has a lot invested. And I did not jump off the bandwagon after 2003. I took a beating from gator fans for about a decade. So yeah, I may say "we won" and I do hope it annoys people when I do. And I do say "We Are Jaguars" at the games on Sundays.

Some people just look for something to complain about just for the sake of complaining. They like to pretend that their stuff don't stink and force their opinions down other peoples throats. In actuality, most of them are mocked and made fun of on a daily basis. I consider it the whole, "mental midget", thing..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

FSU = Overrated.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Prediction.  Miami forfeits before the game because.. well, you know.... FSU is unbeatable and the best team since ever.