Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags at Pittsburgh score predictions.

I'd be offended if the steelers offense is that offensive.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If I'm being honest with myself...
Pitt 20
Jags 13

34 21 jaguars

If the Tacks beat the hated Pats, I think it will have no impact on this game Wink

It is hard to go on record with this team. If you had asked me in the middle of who is that QB 3 game stretch in December I would be like 30 - 14 Jaguars but now? ugh.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Brad Allen is the Referee assigned to this game, anyone know anything about him?
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(01-09-2018, 05:44 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: Brad Allen is the Referee assigned to this game, anyone know anything about him?

He’s got a Jaguar neck tattoo

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 06:16 PM by Kane.)

(01-09-2018, 05:44 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: Brad Allen is the Referee assigned to this game, anyone know anything about him?

He threw out Ramsey VS the bungles because Jalen got in the head of AJ Green.

That's about all I remember of him.

edit:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/o...leBr0r.htm
these are the games he has ref'd

Jags over Steelers by 6
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

(01-09-2018, 06:15 PM)Kane Wrote:

He threw out Ramsey VS the bungles because Jalen got in the head of AJ Green.

That's about all I remember of him.

edit:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/o...leBr0r.htm
these are the games he has ref'd

Let's hope he has a good memory and we get some makup call action.

17-9 Jags. Prove all the media that insist the squeelers are gonna score 30+ points wrong.

Let's do this!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 08:05 AM by The Real Marty.)

I've seen Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon both predict we're going to get run out of the stadium.    And I've seen Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both predict a Jaguars win.  

I have no idea what's really going to happen, so I will make an optimistic prediction.   Some teams just handle other teams for reasons that are hard to decipher.  Like the way the Titans handle the Jags.  It's a mystery.   I'm banking on history, long history and short history, of the Jags handling the Steelers the same way.  From Fred Taylor to Leonard Fournette, we have gone into Pittsburgh and handled the Steelers.  

Also, isn't cold weather supposed to slow down a passing attack?   That would be to our advantage, since we have no passing attack.

Anyway, for no reason other than just being optimistic, I'm predicting Jaguars 17, Steelers 13.

(01-10-2018, 07:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've seen Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon both predict we're going to get run out of the stadium.    And I've seen Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah both predict a Jaguars win.  

I have no idea what's really going to happen, so I will make an optimistic prediction.   Some teams just handle other teams for reasons that are hard to decipher.  Like the way the Titans handle the Jags.  It's a mystery.   I'm banking on history, long history and short history, of the Jags handling the Steelers the same way.  From Fred Taylor to Leonard Fournette, we have gone into Pittsburgh and handled the Steelers.  

Also, isn't cold weather supposed to slow down a passing attack?   That would be to our advantage, since we have no passing attack.

Anyway, for no reason other than just being optimistic, I'm predicting Jaguars 17, Steelers 13.

Well said, some optimism!! I've been watching a few different sports shows talking about our chances. On First Take, Stephen A Smith is worried this whole Brady/Kraft/Belichick stuff will motivate the Pats. I forgot that's Pittsburghs next game. I've seen so many 'experts' flat out rule us out and want to talk Patriots-Steelers. I understand us getting no respect going 3-13, but we are 11-6 with the number 2 D in the league.

Personally, I think this works for us. All year the theme has been 'us against the world' and all anyone seems to judge us on is Bortles. We win games other ways.

Roethlisberger will be 3 weeks since a game, Bell 3 weeks, if Brown is healthy then 5 weeks for him and will they be saving him for when they obviously play New England?. That's a lot of time without playing, yes they rest but there's a balance, you can have to much rest, look at Dallas last season, looked really good but they were asleep the 1st half against Green Bay.

Im telling myself to prepare for a loss but something is telling me that this season, that has already been so amazing, still has a cherry to go on top! This team wants to shut people up, they have been fighting for so long to get to this stage of a season for years, we need to go to war in Pittsburgh.

No one really knows what to expect. We're new on the scene. Teams like that typically fold and call it good. Try again next year.

We have to have some confidence after what we did there earlier in the season. It wasn't exactly a nice day then in week 5 either. We need a fast start and a sense of urgency. If it gets ugly after that so be it. Show up with a purpose.

With our inability to put up points lately I don't like our chances. It's tough to win games where you score 10 points regardless of circumstance. As bad as we've looked I have a feeling we actually have a good game this week. Ben can't run and as long as Ramsey is outside being physical with Brown who has missed considerable time and maybe not playing with full confidence I think we'll have a lot of opportunities for big plays on defense. Not just forcing punts but big momentum plays like turnovers. I really think we can control this game and win convincingly but who knows what can happen.

None of these predictions are worth anything I don't care who it's from. They're just blowing smoke and promoting drama and controversy to keep things interesting. We can win this game and not in a fluke fashion.
No pain, no gain.

It's going to be a tough game. The Jags could win but even if they don't it's been a great season considering even the optimistic among us were predicting 7 or 8 wins. The good news is that this year is just the beginning.

Gonna go with my heart more than my head and predict 21-17 Jags.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Pitt finna get smoked

33-13 jags

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 02:17 PM by jagherd.)

The Steelers are probably thinking that to win this game, they need to protect the ball, not giving the Jags D many opportunities for a big time play (pick-6, sack-fumble, red zone turnovers, etc.). And, let their defense do it's thing against a terrible/struggling Jags offense (it's definitely been that lately)

If they play it safe ("close to the vest"), avoiding turnovers and big sacks, and the Jags offense is looking bad again,, Pitt will win it.

Pitt will use the Jax formula against them.
I think we'll see Pitt heavy on the run and some safe passing plays unless the Jags offense can look competent. If they do, then Pitt will have to get more aggressive.

23 -16 Pitt.

C'mon Bortles,, wake up and prove me wrong!!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2018, 02:22 PM by Cleatwood.)

I have had a pretty good feeling about each game this season. Felt good about Pitt, Ravens, Seattle. Felt bad about Arizona, SF and Rams.This is the first game all season where I have no idea or feeling about what will happen.

For some reason, 17-13 is sticking in my head. Jags get a couple turnovers, some good special teams plays and Bortles hits a big PA pass. Ben has the ball with 1:45 left down 4. Bouye makes a great play on the final drive to either intercept the ball or deflect it. Bortles takes a knee with 33 seconds left. Jags win 17-13.

17-13 Jags

Lol, did anyone have 45 points?

Did not expect that amount of total point!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]