Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

(09-24-2019, 08:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 10:30 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Hey New York, your comprehension skills need some serious tweaking. I suggest you go back to the site and watch the video tutorial on how to comprehend what your actually viewing before rambling on with your fictional point of view.

Stat you are alluding too sights yards not how deep the QB threw the pass, furthermore the 11 yards are broken down into percentages pass to run. Get a clue!

You can verify what I said by simply checking espn stats and play by play. They sight short and deep passes there.

Great.

So in the 2.75 games Minshew has played he's thrown passes that went for 11+ yards 8 times on second down.  That still foils your claim.
Also I just showed you (gifs) three deep passes from merely the first quarter of the TNF game. 
Your theory is absurd.

You're getting sucked into The Matrix dude lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-24-2019, 08:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Great.

So in the 2.75 games Minshew has played he's thrown passes that went for 11+ yards 8 times on second down.  That still foils your claim.
Also I just showed you (gifs) three deep passes from merely the first quarter of the TNF game. 
Your theory is absurd.

You're getting sucked into The Matrix dude lol

[Image: Red_and_blue_pill.jpg]

(09-24-2019, 08:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: You're getting sucked into The Matrix dude lol

[Image: Red_and_blue_pill.jpg]

Beacher will definitely show you have far down the rabbit hole goes lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

the 2-11 for 3rd downs does need to improve. The time of possession is not helped by the fact the run game was sad. We all know this.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Hey New York, please stop the rambling fiction. Let me guess you’ve never heard of yards after the catch before. LMAO

I’m still pissed we are not 2-1. Who runs it out of the shotgun formation with the RB for a two point conversion to win, when you have a QB who led the team in rushing at the helm?

Bottom line is when you have the 2nd ranked QB in the entire league in completion percentages, you let that ball fly! That is your highest percentage play especially with the box being outrageously stacked against you! Talk about a bunch of bologna!

One good thing about next weeks game no one is talking about, is how light the air will beat mile high; making it optimal conditions to get our deep passing game off the ground!

(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: Hey New York, please stop the rambling fiction. Let me guess you’ve never heard of yards after the catch before. LMAO

I’m still pissed we are not 2-1. Who runs it out of the shotgun formation with the RB for a two point conversion to win, when you have a QB who led the team in rushing at the helm?

Bottom line is when you have the 2nd ranked QB in the entire league in completion percentages, you let that ball fly! That is your highest percentage play especially with the box being outrageously stacked against you! Talk about a bunch of bologna!

One good thing about next weeks game  no one is talking about, is how light the air will beat mile high; making it optimal conditions to get our deep passing game off the ground!

^Definition of hyperbole.

(09-24-2019, 10:47 AM)Corriewf Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 10:27 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: Hey New York, please stop the rambling fiction. Let me guess you’ve never heard of yards after the catch before. LMAO

One good thing about next weeks game  no one is talking about, is how light the air will beat mile high; making it optimal conditions to get our deep passing game off the ground!

^Definition of hyperbole moron.

FTFY
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 03:33 PM by rpr52121.)

Minshew is currently 25th of 38 in Caught Air Yards and 32nd of 38 in Intended Air Yards. https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passi...eted-yards

He seems to make good decisions and not afraid to throw it deep. This seems to be more due to conservative play calling and inconsistent offensive line play.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 09:55 AM by Jagsbch.)

He does make great decisions and what I love most about him is that he is not afraid to throw the ball when the receivers are draped in coverage with his pin point accuracy to put the ball where ever he wants even on the run and under pressure. Something we didn’t see from the Ravens QB verses the Chiefs.

We ought to be 2-1 and looking like a team that was just in the AFC Championship Game last year power ranking wise, instead of being 1-2 and 0-4 in the playoffs. Opponents have the coaches predictable number offensive wise.

(09-23-2019, 10:30 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Hey New York, your comprehension skills need some serious tweaking. I suggest you go back to the site and watch the video tutorial on how to comprehend what your actually viewing before rambling on with your fictional point of view.

Stat you are alluding too sights yards not how deep the QB threw the pass, furthermore the 11 yards are broken down into percentages pass to run. Get a clue!

You can verify what I said by simply checking espn stats and play by play. They sight short and deep passes there.

Cite(s).  

Ninja
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-25-2019, 06:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

Cite(s).  

Ninja

You left out you're.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I appreciate it. Definitely need to take a writing coarse. Lots of room for improvement. Can’t wait to see Minshew’s form taken to the next level, so we can put to bed the notion this guy does not have a cannon. Think once his mechanics are tuned in it will be on! Fortunately for us his mechanics where a red flag, or we would have never landed him in the sixth round!

https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status...59905?s=20

Bottom line is we need a running game. Getting Josh Oliver back will hopefully help Minshew. But nothing will help as much as at least a respectable running game. He's had a good (perhaps great) stretch but there will be speed bumps along the way. Right now we need to have another dimension to lean on some times or Minshew Mania will be an outdated fad real quick.
No pain, no gain.

(09-26-2019, 07:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 06:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Cite(s).  

Ninja

You left out you're.

I didn't want to seem pedantic.  Tongue

Too late

https://amp.news4jax.com/entertainment/u...er-minshew

Uncle Rico vs. Gardner Minshew

(09-26-2019, 08:31 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Too late

As if.

Quote:Minshew has completed five passes with an air distance of 40-plus yards (on six attempts), according to Next Gen Stats. Only Lamar Jackson (7) and Patrick Mahomes (6) have more.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 09:53 AM by Jagsbch.)

Again, this is exactly why we ought to be throwing it deep more than 2 times a game on first and second down when Minshew starts! This is a testament of Minshew’s accuracy. I bet if you looked at the attempts on first and second down Jackson and Mahomes more than likely have far more attempts!