Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 11:14 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(11-24-2019, 10:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: In 2 1/4 games vs Minshew's 8 games, Foles has a higher completion % and qb rating with their yards per game being the same.  Nick Foles, rust and all, is better than Gardner Minshew.  You may not like him as much.  But he is better.  What he is not is mobile.  What he does not have is the personality Gardner has.  Both of them suffer behind an offensive line that sucks.  You've got a better chance of winning more games with a veteran.  

All of that said, the Jags cannot afford to put this mess on the field week after week.  Something's got to change.  I think Wash has to go now and maybe Doug, too.  I like Doug, but lack of discipline and effort just can't stay this way.  If he's not willing to chew butt and demand better from his coaches and players, he's got to go.
Foles has played in mop up duty two weeks in a row now. Just stop. Is he the achille's heel? Of course not.

But your data is extremely skewed. Foles looked good and accurate in garbage time. He threw a costly INT before half time against the clots. Telegraphed a 2 PT conversion for an INT. And he had a pair of under thrown passes today that should have been picked.

Fouts called him out for not letting the play develop at one point. Called him out on a weak arm. Called him out on looking rattled. I am sure he can be a better QB. When he's healthy and he's playing behind an offensive line specifically built to protect pocket passers.

This just isn't the team for him right now. I don't fault him completely. I fault the front office for this. Minshew's ability to improvise is completely underrated by a lot of you so eager to see the Statue of Liberty succeed here.

Minshew's escapability, completions on the run and scrambling was right up there this year with Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. Sure, he had his rookie moments against the Saints and tinhorns.

But. . . At least the offense had a [BLEEP] pulse when he was playing. Bigg Dick Nick has played like Limp Dick Nick so far. You can blame the defense. The lack of protection. Bad coaching. Poor discipline, etc.

But Foles doesn't get a pass here neither.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@Caldrac I’ve always enjoyed talking football with you. And I completely agree with everything you said. 

Foles just ain’t a good. And Doug should be fired for playing him. I just hope our fans aren’t blinded by the end of the game stats once the defense starts playing prevent.

This beat down was a mirror image of that Thursday Night game when the Titans has us pounded at halftime 28-0 or something like that. Bortles had like 60 yards at halftime, but finished the game with 330 yards and 3 TDs.

And don’t get me started about our play calls. Our Offensive Clownator is just calling random plays from his play sheet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I only hope the owner makes good on his statement.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Promise us one thing.....when Minshew Mania returns, you’ll be back on board.

Can't really blame you... After Bradley and now this...

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 11:43 PM by I am Yoda.)

Classy.

Bye.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Shocked 

About damn time FBT. We’ve been waiting for you.

[Image: 12981.gif]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 11:49 PM by Upper.)

The biggest difference is that Minshew faced Mariota, Flacco, Teddy, Kyle Allen, Bengals, and Jets. Foles immediately had to jump in to face two solid teams. Minshew is better, but he isn't winning either of these games for us either.

On topic, at this point I don't care if it's tomorrow or Black Monday, as long as it does happen and as long as it is all of our 3 headed snake FO.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:30 AM by Caldrac.)

(11-24-2019, 11:47 PM)Upper Wrote: The biggest difference is that Minshew faced Mariota, Flacco, Teddy, Kyle Allen, Bengals, and Jets. Foles immediately had to jump in to face two solid teams. Minshew is better, but he isn't winning either of these games for us either.

On topic, at this point I don't care if it's tomorrow or Black Monday, as long as it does happen and as long as it is all of our 3 headed snake FO.
Minshew faced three of the better defenses in the NFL [four times actually if you count the tinhorns twice]. All of those games with the exception of the London game were decided by one score and they had a chance to win potentially in the end.

It's aggravating that they've shelved this kid for a guy that honestly should have been shut down for the 2019 season. Now you've created a story that could have easily been disregarded.

All they've done is driven away any positive momentum that was in the tank. They forced Foles into a terrible position where he's not ready to go and they did it during a divisional stretch of games where everyone is still fighting for a play off spot.

There was no reason to rush Foles back. None whatsoever. The glaring issues along the offensive line were made evident during the opener when Foles was injured. It was made further evident when Minshew was out there.

The running game is inconsistent. The injuries at the tight end position have been consistent. The defense has been inconsistent. Nothing was going to "click" with Nick this late in the season. This isn't Philadelphia.

Now the headlines will read "Buyer's Remorse" regarding Foles. Marrone cost himself his job. He could have potentially saved face had he stuck it out with Minshew. He could have canned Wash like he did Hackett last year and distanced himself from the hot seat.

In a way. I am glad he did this to himself. Because he's lost. He's barely a subpar coach on a good day. There's no excuses for the penalties. There's no excuses for the inconsistinces on both sides of the football. He's clearly shown that he lacks the ability to adjust, correct and flatout take over games as a coach and manage them all out of a hole.

He has to go. He should have went last year. Along with Wash. Along with Caldwell. Coughlin should be on his way out too. The handling of Bortles extension. Foles contract offer coupled with the Ramsey ordeal and failure to reach anything long term with Ngakoue is inexcusable. Myles Jack's extension showing negative returns almost instantly with a game ejection.

Reaching for a runningback is inexcusable. Trading away picks for players who were in and out of here like Hyde and Kessler is inexcusable. Add Dobbs to that list as well.

I am terrified to see what Caldwell and Coughlin will do with these draft picks next year and the following year. Terrified. They've yet to show anything really tangible or note worthy aside from taking the no brainer choices in Ramsey who is gone and recently Allen.

I don't trust them. Doug Marrone reminds me a lot of Mike Tice. Just a [BLEEP] one dimensional oaf that has no answers for anything. A lost overachiever that should honestly be left to coaching positionally instead of heading everything. It happens.

But that [BLEEP] show needs to end already.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The schemes suck, we can't stop the run at all, the linebackers are pathetic, the O-Line is erratic, we have no good TE's to speak of, there is blame going around, defensive players seem like their never in position and we wasted $88 million on a QB (which is why I didn't want to sign him.) This whole thing needs to be blown up!

This Defense is built to play with a lead, they have never been strong against the rush, but they're great against the pass. Get up 1 or 2 scores and this Defense goes nuts getting after the QB and causes all kinds of problems.

The problem is we're playing with a QB who can't muster up a drive/points to save his life. Going 3 and out every other possession and only scoring 3 points a game (minus garbage time) is going to ruin any Defense. Let alone one that feeds on the passing game.

(11-24-2019, 11:47 PM)Upper Wrote: The biggest difference is that Minshew faced Mariota, Flacco, Teddy, Kyle Allen, Bengals, and Jets. Foles immediately had to jump in to face two solid teams. Minshew is better, but he isn't winning either of these games for us either.

I agree 100% with all of this.

Losing division games in this fashion is what gets coaches fired. Even the bad teams are supposed to compete in their divisions. I think you guys get your wish at the end of the season.

I thought fournette looked great yesterday. I guess you guys needed to see Foles out there to know his worth but he looked pretty bad at times.
Minshew should get the nod. These QB situations are political though, look at us trotting Mary out there to start the season when everybody knew Tannehill was better.

Good luck down the stretch.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

The rare instance where there is almost 100% agreement on the board. Clear house. FO and coaching staff all need to go.

Lots of disagreement about the when and which players are.to blame, but we all seem to agree on the bigger point.

It is past time. Something needs to be done immediately. Hopefully even this week on the coaching front.

All I know is the Jags better not have the audacity to raise my ticket prices again this year (my seats have nearly doubled in price over the past four years). I hate to give up my season tickets but enough is enough.

(11-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Perkolater Wrote: It is past time.  Something needs to be done immediately.  Hopefully even this week on the coaching front.  

All I know is the Jags better not have the audacity to raise my ticket prices again this year (my seats have nearly doubled in price over the past four years).   I hate to give up my season tickets but enough is enough.

Rest assured, your ticket prices are going up, and they’ll be playing 2 in London.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-25-2019, 08:45 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Perkolater Wrote: It is past time.  Something needs to be done immediately.  Hopefully even this week on the coaching front.  

All I know is the Jags better not have the audacity to raise my ticket prices again this year (my seats have nearly doubled in price over the past four years).   I hate to give up my season tickets but enough is enough.

Rest assured, your ticket prices are going up, and they’ll be playing 2 in London.

Then I will have a tough decision to make.

Can I have your attention, please? I have something I think you all ought to know about. It seems that Mr. Khan doesn't think too highly of our worth. He put this team together because he thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where he could move the team to London... and get rid of all of us for better personnel.

Surely there can be no circumstances in which any of these jokers retain their jobs. Historically poor run defence, ill discipline, poor preparation, game planning and adjustments, poor drafting, poor contract negotiations. It’s rotten.
Clean house. #FTMLS

I'm on board too. Blow it all up.

(11-25-2019, 08:52 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 08:45 AM)FBT Wrote: Rest assured, your ticket prices are going up, and they’ll be playing 2 in London.

Then I will have a tough decision to make.

Same here, same with a lot of us. I continue to rationalize it- the tailgating is good...it's only 8-9 games/year...always fun after the game tailgating...then off to a great dinner in Jax- each gameday is an event.

Maybe I'll just cut out the game part of the day and just tailgate.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile