Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I believe in #15.

(01-03-2020, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: I never said there was and never said it means you are an elite prospect, in fact I said the opposite

And size isn't a franchise trait for me, even arm strength isn't as long as you have enough. More so mental ability, playing out of structure and level of accuracy. Herbert struggles massively in the mental side of the game, so much so it limits his ceiling to the point I don't consider him a franchise talent yet

I disagree with you on that one.  I don't think he struggles on the mental part of the game.  He was one of the better QBs in college and has the tools you want in a franchise QB.  He could be a bit more accurate but he's not all over the place and he could improve that aspect with good coaching.  Very high upside in Herbert

Im with you on upside. Has one of the prettiest passes you will see, just way too much red flags for me to be on board. He struggles in high pressure situations and doesn't read the field well + has accuracy issues despite throwing screens more than most QBs do. 

He should go in the first but much more of a developmental prospect to me

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...68064?s=19

Interesting analysis.

(01-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...68064?s=19

Interesting analysis.

More like "analysis" when it puts any kind of weight on draft position.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So maybe i'm just stupid, was the point of that article to demonstrate that Minshew is clearly going to be a bust, and Murray won't be, even though they haven't even played a snap for the next season yet?

I don't know. Might've just been me but the article writer clearly had a strong bias towards Murray .Maybe it's because I haven't actually watched a Cardinals game, but the impression I was getting from people was that he was having a decent if not spectacular rookie season.

(01-06-2020, 05:59 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 05:00 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...68064?s=19

Interesting analysis.

More like "analysis" when it puts any kind of weight on draft position.

I liked the rest of article but yes that was odd. The hit rate of 6th round Quarterbacks in past years actually has zero bearing regarding Minshews career.

(01-06-2020, 06:26 PM)Nikowho Wrote: So maybe i'm just stupid, was the point of that article to demonstrate that Minshew is clearly going to be a bust, and Murray won't be, even though they haven't even played a snap for the next season yet?

I don't know. Might've just been me but the article writer clearly had a strong bias towards Murray .Maybe it's because I haven't actually watched a Cardinals game, but the impression I was getting from people was that he was having a decent if not spectacular rookie season.

I've only watched a few highlights and of course, he looks spectacular in those. But my overall impression is that he struggled in his initial games and came on strong late.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-06-2020, 06:26 PM)Nikowho Wrote: So maybe i'm just stupid, was the point of that article to demonstrate that Minshew is clearly going to be a bust, and Murray won't be, even though they haven't even played a snap for the next season yet?

He heavily biased the ratings on the draft position. He admitted that.

Of course his selection of players didn't include many players not picked in round 1. On the first graph there was only Wilson, Dalton, and Prescott. There were more on the 2nd, but still most were at least 2nd round picks. I guess that's mostly due to the lack of rookie year play by lower picks, but it makes the rating system by round picked hard to justify.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-03-2020, 03:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-03-2020, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neither were elite prospects.  Just because one turns into a good pro doesn't mean he was an elite prospect.  If they were elite QB prospects a team would of drafted them much earlier.  Aaron Rodgers was a very good QB prospect but not elite.  A lot were talking about who would get drafted first between him and Smith and then he fell.  An elite prospect is a guy like Elway, Peton Manning, Luck, Burrow.  Those guys are elite prospects, why they go 1st overall.  Trent Richarson was an elite prospect but didn't pan out.  Aaron Curry was an elite LB prospect as was Justin Blackmon elite WR prospect.  You get prospect and how good one becomes as a pro mixed up
You are so in on Burrow huh? Forgive me but I don't think he's in the same class at Peyton, Eli or even Luck.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/is-...e-qb-ever/

Interesting analysis.

This article is odd.  It openly admits that Minshew was the highest graded rookie QB this year, then says he'll have less success due to fewer dropbacks and draft position?  How does that qualify as analysis?

(01-07-2020, 10:44 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Interesting analysis.

This article is odd.  It openly admits that Minshew was the highest graded rookie QB this year, then says he'll have less success due to fewer dropbacks and draft position?  How does that qualify as analysis?

Must be the same kind of analysis Pepsi uses for their ROY nominations.

(01-07-2020, 11:55 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 10:44 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: This article is odd.  It openly admits that Minshew was the highest graded rookie QB this year, then says he'll have less success due to fewer dropbacks and draft position?  How does that qualify as analysis?

Must be the same kind of analysis Pepsi uses for their ROY nominations.

It's the #becausejaguars Adjustment.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-07-2020, 10:44 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:

Interesting analysis.

Yeah, it was very strange. It’s like it is saying since not many 6th rounders succeed, his chances aren’t good... worked out for Brady in the 6th and Romo and Warner undrafted

Draft position bias is a real thing..

No one wants to admit they missed on a legitimate star player.

There is a strong correlation between draft position and success. And Murray showed several eye popping throws a week that not many other QBs in the league can make. It's not a stretch at all to say that Murray should be better going forward. It would be kind of crazy not to think that to be honest.

(01-07-2020, 01:58 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Draft position bias is a real thing..

No one wants to admit they missed on a legitimate star player.
I agree with this.

Ereck Flowers is still in the league solely because he was a 1st rounder.

Start Minshew, but draft Tua and have him develop as the back-up. Trade Foles.

(01-07-2020, 02:22 PM)Upper Wrote: There is a strong correlation between draft position and success. And Murray showed several eye popping throws a week that not many other QBs in the league can make. It's not a stretch at all to say that Murray should be better going forward. It would be kind of crazy not to think that to be honest.

He's not going to have long term success. He's just not smart enough.

(01-07-2020, 02:36 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Start Minshew, but draft Tua and have him develop as the back-up. Trade Foles.

(01-07-2020, 02:37 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 02:22 PM)Upper Wrote: There is a strong correlation between draft position and success. And Murray showed several eye popping throws a week that not many other QBs in the league can make. It's not a stretch at all to say that Murray should be better going forward. It would be kind of crazy not to think that to be honest.

He's not going to have long term success. He's just not smart enough.
Hahahaha

Ooooook

Minshew is and should be the BACKUP QB.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-07-2020, 03:07 PM)Ronster Wrote: Minshew is and should be the BACKUP QB.
He actually isn’t the backup since he took over after Foles played like garbage.

Also

BOYCOOOOOOOTTTT