Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Gus Bradley be Fired this season
Yes
NO
[Show Results]

Fire Gus Bradley (MERGED)

Quote:I said it years ago gus was a bad choice as HC. everyone doubted me. We need a HC thats gonna get on the players. That was even before the team started loseing. Jags have always been type of team that need players pushed by a firey HC.

Buddy?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gruden, Cowher, Coughlin.

Fun fact: no coach in NFL history has won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Fun fact: no coach in NFL history has won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.
Fun Fact, Gus Bradley has 12 wins in his entire career.  A few of those coaches had more than 12 wins in one season.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:18 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Incompetent coaches have a habit of pigeonholing guys into certain positions, "leo", "otto", etc. Myles Jack best position is weak-side linebacker but the fact that Telvin plays that position creates a quagmire for this coaching staff, they don't possess the creativity to get their best players on the field all at once. I look at what the Cardinals D-coordinator (James Bettcher) did with Deon Bucannon, they drafted him in the 1st round (to play SS) but the incumbent starert performed above expectations in the preseason. Instead of benching the effective incumbent starter or letting their prized 1st round pick ride the pine, they simply moved Buccanon into a hybrid Mike-linebacker position, where he's since excelled. That's an example of coaches can get CREATIVE to get their best players on the field all at once, speaking of Bettcher, he'll be a hot name this off-season, along with Patriots D-coordinator Matt Patricia.

Thank you for this post. This is exactly what we lack. The ability to design a defense to put the best guys on the field. If Jack doesn't have a position to play because of Telvin, then you make him one...

Nick Saben HC, Lane Kiffen OC, Kirby Smart DC

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:21 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

Quote:Fun Fact, Gus Bradley has 12 wins in his entire career. A few of those coaches had more than 12 wins in one season.

I'm well aware of that, but isn't winning the Super Bowl the goal? Shula, Parcells, Holmgren and Vermiel couldn't do it, so what makes you think any of those guys can?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Both teams did a great job sticking it to ARob. I get the feeling Allen Robinson is only going to put up with that for so long. Get him on track again, and I'm sure the offense will take right back off where it was. I also feel like the Ivory loss really effected this team as he had become a major part of the gameplan this preseason. Simply put, firing Oley is NOT the answer.

As for Gus, I'm giving him a few more games to show something. The defense is brand new and may take more than two games to jell, but at this point the defense doesn't appear any better than what we've had over the past few years.
I have to say it's hard to give Gus more games when we continue to repeat penalties game after game with no improvement week after week.  No help for the players when weak after week we get out coached and show no halftime adjustments to get us back in the game. I was alright with giving Gus a pass the last three year for lack of players, but not anymore.

Quote:I agree with that as well. Coaches are fired for a reason. Getting a "good" coach in here will be hard. They're all taken. Winners stay put. The ones looking for a job were fired elsewhere because they suck.

We'll most likely have to hire some position coach or coordinator from somewhere that is unproven. Sort of like the Gus gamble that blew up in our face.

Coaches are fired for a reason? Cus they suck? You mean like how that loser coach in NE was fired from his previous gig? Or how Jimmy Johnson was fired? Or how Parcells was fired? Or Coughlin?

Quote:My initial thought about all the 'fire Gus' talk is that it's a 'knee jerk' reaction to what was essentially grossly inflated expectations from the fans due to the team over hyping the new talent acquired since last season. While there is a fair amount of truth to this, it isn't the whole picture. The Jags were in a losing slump (mostly due to poor drafting by our former GM) prior to his (Gus Bradley) coming here. We then completly gutted the roster and started over, essentially from scratch. It takes time to acquire talent so for the past few years Gus has had a 'free pass' due to the team being in 'rebuild mode'. However, it is generally agreed that the team now has the talent to be competitive; perhaps not ready for the play-offs just yet, but nevertheless good enough to turn in at least an 8-8 season this year. We are once again starting the season 0-2. While the loss to Green Bay was disappointing, at least it was to a probable super bowl contender. And though we lost that game, at least we were 'in it' until the end of the game.

...not so against San Diego; we looked bad from the very start, really bad. Our offense couldn't move the ball. Bortles was a turn over machine. Our defense allowed the bolts to march right down the field on thier first possesion and score... and they never even looked back after that. We only put points on the board in 'garbage time' after Philip Rivers took a seat and the outcome was certain.

The bottom line is that the Jags looked overwhelmed and utterly unprepared to come to San Diego and play at a high level of competency... and that is a coaching failure. So while some are crowing for Gus's head on a platter... or at least for him to be fired as HC at J'ville immediately, this is simply an unrealistic option. We have no one with a proven record who is a better option than Gus at the moment. Marrone? He had a losing record for the short time he was a HC. He would only be suitable here as a temporary coach until the end of the season.

I think the better option is to let the season continue to play out with Gus as HC. If we reach at least 8-8 then all is well and Gus is vindicated as a HC. It is much better to have continuity at HC than to have to continually start over from scratch. If we fail to reach 8-8 by seasons end (or sooner if it becomes impossible to do so) then Gus has exhausted all excuses for failure and should be fired. But we still have 14 games in front of us and we only need to win eight of them for it to all be good.

Frankly, I didn't see us winning in San Diego anyway; Phillip Rivers is an elite quarterback and we have a lot of rookies and new people on our defense. It shouldn't come as all that much of a shock (assuming you weren't overly buying into the team hype) that we lost. Of course, that doesn't explain our offense imploding the way it did Sunday. Lack of discipline (aka-penalties) and turn overs are killing us. Among other words, we nearly beat ourselves as much as the other team beats us. Again, that is a coaching problem.

And the play calls! Ollie... please, stop with the screens or go work somewhere else. With seconds left at the end of a close game and at half time you chose to run a screen play!? No wonder other teams smile at the thought of playing the Jags!

I think our best shot at our first win will probably come in London. For now, we need to just settle down and re-group and cease and desist with the moronic calls for terminating Gus Bradley right now. It ain't gonna happen folks, so cool your jets for a little longer until we have clear evidence for how this season is going to go.

You're clueless. Jags lost to SD last year BY 6!!! And they had Keenan Allen and Woodhead! Gus Bradley's defense has gotten even WORSE!

Quote:Offer Bobby Petrino $100mil contract and draft skinny Lamar Jackson, chhhhammmpppiooonnshiiipppp

Lamar Jackson couldn't sniff Bortles jock as an NFL passer.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 12:33 PM by FBT.)

Been a jag fan since we 1st got the team and yes I hate losing2, but im not bout to sit here and bash my team. This is a young team that still learning and developing but y'all bash them and that ain't cool. Y'all ran Tom out of town now bout to run the jags out of town. Yes this team can b better and yes I feel like we a player or 2 away from been complete but get real. We got a roster that we can compete but they still have2 develop. We bash gus like he the 1thorwing pics and miss tackles and quick to say fire him like u can do a better job. I just hate all the negativity as a fan, I can understand if they laying down every week but it's only week 3. Talk to me/complain mid way though the season. Yes we got to get it together but come on now let this team develop, they tied of losing 2 and u can see it. Let the season progresses then u see the Truth. It will just b dumb to fire a Head coach week3, that loss may4 a turn point for this team. From a real jag fan go jags

Quote:Fun fact: no coach in NFL history has won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

But it has happened in the NBA, so that is fine with me. Also, Super Bowl? We are talking about Super Bowl? Maintaining fan interest in November and December would be a good start.

Yeah because the last 50 games haven't shown us the truth.

Get outta here with that nonsense.

We're trying to run the Jags out of town?  Because the team gets blown out and people express an opinion?  If anything, it shows the fans care about the team and want to see them succeed.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I agree with Firing Gus Bradley but who should we target as replacement once 2016 season is over?

Quote:Coaches are fired for a reason? Cus they suck? You mean like how that loser coach in NE was fired from his previous gig? Or how Jimmy Johnson was fired? Or how Parcells was fired? Or Coughlin?
Very true but  Gus has been given More time to get this team on track then most coaches will receive from owners and has shown no improvement in coaching. This year he has the talent on this team to compete and if we didn't win we should have at least competed like the first week.

Normally I'd agree with you. But we have enough talent to perform better than this. The reason we are losing is coming down to coaching and prep. Therefore, I disagree with firing a coach at game 3. He's had 3 full years and is now in year 4 and hasn't shown anything different from the years prior. We should be performing better than this. Is it early, yes. However, is it early in the process, no. We should be much better than what was shown yesterday and even in the GB game. I was a huge Gus fan and providing him the time to build the proper team and setting. But it's not working. And giving him a few more game won't change anything. We've seen it all now and he's not producing. It's time for a change. Again.....

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Nick Saben HC, Lane Kiffen OC, Kirby Smart DC

You couldn't pay me to take Kiffin. Biggest loser in the world.

Only things i'm bashing are 3 things:

1. Bubble screens on offense

2. Defense can't cover a simple DRAG ROUTE! Tyrell Williams and Benjamin had a field day out there. 

3. Gus and his oppotunies and learning experiences man

Quote:I agree with Firing Gus Bradley but who should we target as replacement once 2016 season is over?
I think an int-rum coach should be appointed form within the coaching staff to provide some continuity for this year and after the season evaluate the performance to decide if a new coaching search should begin