Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This game has killed all hope I had for this team

All the promises are empty, waiting like a stalking butler

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All the promises are empty, waiting like a stalking butler

Nice Gus Tool reference.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Ramsey played horrible too.

I promise though, Gipson is the worst of any defensive player.

I watched him all game. He is bad.

Ramsey wasn't terrible but he got used on at least three occasions. 

Gipson has been a disappointment.  I wouldn't call him "bad" either, but he needs to step up.  

I'm almost at a loss to evaluate the talent on this roster given the apparent lack of preparation by the staff.  I know there's talent on this roster that isn't showing up. 

Quote:I like being a fan. I like rooting for the team. For me that means being positive despite mistakes and wanting acquisitions to succeed.  

Prematurely calling anyone I question a bust is not how I enjoy fanhood.   You wanna' pat yourself on the back for giving up on Bradley before me? Enjoy that. It's not my style.

If you paid attention you'll know that I've been questioning the discipline of the team (and Bradley's role in it) since early last season.  I'm just officially over hoping he'll right the ship at this point. 

Go Jags. 

Where's Tom Coughlin when you need him?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Ramsey wasn't terrible but he got used on at least three occasions.

Gipson has been a disappointment. I wouldn't call him "bad" either, but he needs to step up.

I'm almost at a loss to evaluate the talent on this roster given the apparent lack of preparation by the staff. I know there's talent on this roster that isn't showing up.

Gipson, our big free agent signing is just a guy so far. Very dissappointed.

Quote:Gipson, our big free agent signing is just a guy so far. Very dissappointed.

He let 7 points slip through his fingers today. 

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:10 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Ramsey wasn't terrible but he got used on at least three occasions.

Gipson has been a disappointment. I wouldn't call him "bad" either, but he needs to step up.

I'm almost at a loss to evaluate the talent on this roster given the apparent lack of preparation by the staff. I know there's talent on this roster that isn't showing up.
I thought jalen played well enough. For a rookie he was in the right spots more than he wasn't and he tackled well.

As for gipson, heck the entire d - it's the scheme. This Seattle d is an abomination. Maybe someone that knows how to run it can make it work. But that someone isn't a coach employed by the Jaguars.

I got to watch several 1pm games today. And its clearly our coaches that are holding back this team. We are an emarrasment. And its the coaching. We have the talent. We have terrible player management.

Quote:I thought jalen played well enough. For a rookie he was in the right spots more than he wasn't and he tackled well.

As for gipson, beck the entire d - it's the scheme. This Seattle d is an abomination. Maybe someone that knows how to run it can make it work. But that someone isn't a coach employed by the Jaguars.

I got to watch several 1pm games today. And its clearly coaches are holding back this team. We are an emarrasment. And its the coaching. We have the talent. We have terrible player management.

True, Gipson looked much better on the browns.

How about Gus at halftime." We have to get back to who we are. AND WHO IS THAT!!!!!! How bout the hold call on Luke after the big play but not the hands to the face on defense. That's bull. REFS man against the Jags. 

Quote:I thought jalen played well enough. For a rookie he was in the right spots more than he wasn't and he tackled well.

As for gipson, heck the entire d - it's the scheme. This Seattle d is an abomination. Maybe someone that knows how to run it can make it work. But that someone isn't a coach employed by the Jaguars.

I got to watch several 1pm games today. And its clearly our coaches that are holding back this team. We are an emarrasment. And its the coaching. We have the talent. We have terrible player management.
No argument from me.  I could nitpick little details, but I won't.  

Quote:True, Gipson looked much better on the browns.

I have no doubt in my mind that the scheme and the philosophy that Gus utilizes is the problem. All you have to do is literally watch any other NFL game and you can tell that We have a huge coaching gap to the rest of the league.

Quote:I have no doubt in my mind that the scheme and the philosophy that Gus utilizes is the problem. All you have to do is literally watch any other NFL game and you can tell that We have a huge coaching gap to the rest of the league.

Now i feel like the rest of this season is a waste. No chance coming anytime soon.

Khan seriously needs to get a new coach.

Quote:How about Gus at halftime." We have to get back to who we are. AND WHO IS THAT!!!!!! 

To be fair, if they played like they did last week, they'd have been right in this game.  So getting back to that would have been a good start. 

However, every time SD trotted out a bunch formation you could see the confusion by our back seven and the joy on Rivers' face. 

Meanwhile Wash was on the sideline feeling like a checkers champion at a chess tournament. 

So - there was no getting back to that. They weren't ready. 

Quote:How about Gus at halftime." We have to get back to who we are. AND WHO IS THAT!!!!!! How bout the hold call on Luke after the big play but not the hands to the face on defense. That's bull. REFS man against the Jags. 

Unfortunately, what you saw out there today was who we are, under Gus.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Once you are off, you are off. Are you accepting of that?

We've been blindly following and believing in Gus for going on 4 years. If this train somehow gets back on track, I have the right to get back on.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 08:34 PM by jagherd.)

Most of us have all been convinced that there is plenty of talent on this team.

I'm seriously starting to question that. I know it's hard to tell because of the circus that seems to be the coaching staff.

But seriously, maybe there just isn't all this talent that we think it says "on paper".

The secondary sux. Ramsey gets a pass because he's only played in two games. He'll hopefully turn into a stud.

The rest? House routinely gets burnt or gets a penalty. I dont think he's near the player that most do. Cyprien and Gratz couldn't tackle my grandma. Gipson is just a guy. He's not bad, but he's not all that great either. Prince is only good for about 6-7 games a year (if that).

I'm not sure anyone on this O-line would even be starting on any good teams. They're backup caliber players. Joeckel may not even be that.

I can't blame this roster completely anymore. It has talent. It's there. They just seem lost. It's embarrassing. The lack of focus. The penalties. The breakdowns in coverage and schemes. That's bad coaching man. Bad preparation. I'm tired of it. And I'm tired of the excuses.

Good coaches find ways to get it done. Period. Belicheck is 2 - 0 after losing his two best players on offense in Brady and Gronkowski. Today he wins a game with a 3rd RD QB. Fisher finds a way to beat Seattle with Keenum as his quarterback. Mike Zimmer loses Bridgewater and his team still showed up last week against Tennessee.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Most of us have all been convinced that there is plenty of talent on this team.

I'm seriously starting to question that. I know it's hard to tell because of the circus that seems to be the coaching staff.

But seriously, maybe there just isn't all this talent that we think it says "on paper".

The secondary sux. Ramsey gets a pass because he's only played in two games. He'll hopefully turn into a stud.

The rest? House routinely gets burnt or gets a penalty. I dont think he's near the player that mist do. Cyprien and Gratz couldn't tackle my grandma. Gipson is just a guy. He's not bad, but he's not all that great either. Prince is only good for about 6-7 games a year (if that).

I'm not sure anyone on this O-line would even be starting on any good teams. They're backup caliber players. Jockey may not even be that.

Its sad but i have to agree. And you forgot, Yeldon has been god awful.

Quote:Its sad but i have to agree. And you forgot, Yeldon has been god awful.

I agree. I'm not trying to say that the main problem is not coaching. Coaching is the biggest issue. But, I'm just not sure that there's all this talent we believe is supposed to be there. I'm not seeing it.