Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Traded

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 01:07 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-27-2021, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait. How exactly is that back pedaling?

He's still young so he could turn into a good corner but the fact remains that he was overdrafted and hasn't been a good corner in the NFL. Bringing up his college stats is irrelevant to this discussion and yet you've brought them up with other players before..... Not shocked.

He's played in 10 games and if you watched any Jags games the past 2 years he was our best corner and usually covering the teams best WR hasn't played bad imo.  When you draft a player I want to go by how they played in college and their measurables.  When a player is coming out of college you don't care about how they played in college?
Sure. But he's not a rookie and has played in the NFL. So you judge him based on his play on the field and not what he did in the past.

And Henderson being the Jags best corner isn't really saying much because the Jags corners are bad.

If Henderson played for any other college team, you wouldn't be here defending him so much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not a fan of this trade.  Derek Stingley would look good in teal

Except we don’t wear teal anymore. Our colors are white on white with black numbers...which is stupid.

(09-27-2021, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am quickly losing faith in this team. I never liked the Henderson selection and was very vocal about it. I was one of the many, many, many people on this board who were banging the table to draft Tristan Wirfs. It seemed like such an obvious choice at the time and Henderson seemed like just as much a reach as Chaisson was with our other pick in round one. We missed out though and I finally accepted it, knowing there was nothing I could do. I wanted Henderson to succeed and prove me wrong. Now, here we are with a terrible secondary and out of nowhere, we trade Henderson for a so-so TE and basically, the equivalent of a 4th round pick once the 3rd and 5th offset. Just another wasted first round selection by this team and yet another example of holding onto a guy (Caldwell) too long and letting him set this team back yet another year by his bad decisions. It's just so depressing.

Now, I have to ask, how long before we ditch K'Lavon Chaisson? He has been a disaster since coming here and only has one sack since turning pro. IMO, he and Henderson were such odd first round choices that I have to question whether Caldwell knew his days were numbered in Jacksonville and decided to tank that draft on purpose? His selections just seemed like such huge reaches.

Despite this, it still seems like we could have gotten a straight up 3rd round selection for Henderson, even if Dan Arnold were involved in the trade given Henderson's very limited time in the NFL, . He is young and still shows some potential. He certainly shows better ball skills than what I have seen from Tyson Campbell, although I will admit, that isn't setting the bar very high. I guess the confirmation that the Henderson pick was so bad, this early into his career, is a real letdown. Even though many of us believed it from the moment he was drafted, finally seeing him traded away for so little, finally made it hit home. We have wasted so much time and dug ourselves into such a deep hole over the decades that it almost seems hopeless. I'm still a HUGE Trevor Lawrence supporter and see tons of potential in him, but this team is so void of talent around him. It just seems like a never ending process of filling holes created by draft picks that never panned out.

Chaisson is more likely to stay for now because 1. unlike the glass brittle Henderson he's actually able to play each week and 2. we don't have nearly as many pass rushers behind him as we do CBs behind Henderson.

And averages don't apply when assessing draft rounds, a third is not the "equivalent of a 4th" ever.

No matter how you look at it, Chaisson is still unproductive. Maybe he makes it through this season, but if he doesn't start producing, I could easily see him getting moved in the offseason. There is no point in keeping an edge rushing that doesn't produce. 

We get a 3rd, but we give up a 5th. Any way you look at that, it's the equivalent of a 4th.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021, 01:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think the only reason we didn't trade him sooner is because Herndon was hurt. Urb didn't get along with Henderson imo

(09-27-2021, 01:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not a fan of this trade.  Derek Stingley would look good in teal

Except we don’t wear teal anymore. Our colors are white on white with black numbers...which is stupid.
You didn't know the teal is back?  We just had teal pants on yesterday

(09-27-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Chaisson is more likely to stay for now because 1. unlike the glass brittle Henderson he's actually able to play each week and 2. we don't have nearly as many pass rushers behind him as we do CBs behind Henderson.

And averages don't apply when assessing draft rounds, a third is not the "equivalent of a 4th" ever.

No matter how you look at it, Chaisson is still unproductive. Maybe he makes it through this season, but if he doesn't start producing, I could easily see him getting moved in the offseason. There is no point in keeping an edge rushing that doesn't produce. 

We get a 3rd, but we give up a 5th. Any way you look at that, it's the equivalent of a 4th.

So you're telling me if you traded a 5th for the number 1 over all pick (hypothetically) that's the equivalent of a 3rd round pick? Seriously?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's played in 10 games and if you watched any Jags games the past 2 years he was our best corner and usually covering the teams best WR hasn't played bad imo.  When you draft a player I want to go by how they played in college and their measurables.  When a player is coming out of college you don't care about how they played in college?
Sure. But he's not a rookie and has played in the NFL. So you judge him based on his play on the field and not what he did in the past.

And Henderson being the Jags best corner isn't really saying much because the Jags corners are bad.

If Henderson played for any other college team, you wouldn't be here defending him so much.

I'm just saying I think there is more to it than he is just so bad they are trying to get anything they can and that's why they took the 3rd.  I think there is more to it than that

(09-27-2021, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the only reason we didn't trade him sooner is because Herndon was hurt.  Urb didn't get along with Henderson imo

(09-27-2021, 01:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Except we don’t wear teal anymore. Our colors are white on white with black numbers...which is stupid.

He didn't get along with Marrone either.

(09-27-2021, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Sure. But he's not a rookie and has played in the NFL. So you judge him based on his play on the field and not what he did in the past.

I'm just saying I think there is more to it than he is just so bad they are trying to get anything they can and that's why they took the 3rd.  I think there is more to it than that

Yes, there is more than that. He has an issue of some sort that prevents him from being a good player. He's been hampered by injuries that might or might not legitimately keep him off the field, but we don't know if that was real or just part of his mental issues. From the moment we picked him it was clear he did not want to be here, and maybe that's just the whole problem. No matter what the reason he was not going to be a good player here so it was best to get him out of here before whatever it is becomes a cancer in the locker room.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 10:07 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Need Stingley or Thibodeaux for sure. Is Dan Arnold any good? He better become the best pass catching TE - a healthy O’Shag - for this to be a good trade. Otherwise it stinks. Henderson has high upside but appears very brittle.

I was hoping that draft talk wouldn't begin until at least mid-season after Lawrence arrived. Yesterday's game was very winnable and the Jags managed to throw it away due to an offensive lineman who turned into a spinning top and a field goal kicker who almost missed the net from 5 feet away while warming up on the sidelines after missing his first extra point.

In looking at the schedule, there are only 5 games which can be won (Jets, Texans, Dolphins, Falcons and the 2nd Colts game). The Jaguars will still be underdogs in at least 3 of those games. Therefore, I'd consider it an absolute Slam Dunk that the Jaguars first round pick (top 5) next season will be one of:

Derek Stingley

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Evan Neal

These are probably the 3 best players coming out and all play a position of major need for the Jaguars (don't laugh, I know every position but q.b. is a position of need). Of the teams possibly picking ahead of the Jags, the Lions and Giants will likely take a quarterback so I have no doubt that at least one of the above will be available. 

The one thing which has kept our fans going during our 15 year "drought" has been "HOPE." Caldwell's incompetence enabled us to get the team's first franchise type quarterback. Baalke and Meyer need to do a much better job next off-season and beyond or Lawrence's great talent will not be enough to overcome a bad overall roster. Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts and Dan Marino have proven that teams need more than a great q.b. to win it all.

(09-27-2021, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think the only reason we didn't trade him sooner is because Herndon was hurt.  Urb didn't get along with Henderson imo

(09-27-2021, 01:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Except we don’t wear teal anymore. Our colors are white on white with black numbers...which is stupid.

Yeah whatever. White on white with black numbers should never be our team colors. Khan’d

(09-27-2021, 01:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Yeah whatever. White on white with black numbers should never be our team colors. Khan’d

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...783013002/

(09-27-2021, 01:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/14...47302?s=19

Bodied lol.
Pretty much what I was saying.  I don't think this trade is because of his play on the field.  Henderson is a weird dude

(09-27-2021, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No matter how you look at it, Chaisson is still unproductive. Maybe he makes it through this season, but if he doesn't start producing, I could easily see him getting moved in the offseason. There is no point in keeping an edge rushing that doesn't produce. 

So you're telling me if you traded a 5th for the number 1 over all pick (hypothetically) that's the equivalent of a 3rd round pick? Seriously?

The #1 overall pick is a much different situation. When you deal with mid round picks like 3rd through the 5th, they are basically all the same. You are gonna find potential starters in those rounds, but basically guys who will need time to develop. In rounds one and two you are expecting to find immediate starters who can play at a high level right away or at least be an average starter right away with the potential to be very good and with the #1 overall pick you are looking for a franchise changing player. There is a HUGE difference. Most people know this already.

(09-27-2021, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're telling me if you traded a 5th for the number 1 over all pick (hypothetically) that's the equivalent of a 3rd round pick? Seriously?

The #1 overall pick is a much different situation. When you deal with mid round picks like 3rd through the 5th, they are basically all the same. You are gonna find potential starters in those rounds, but basically guys who will need time to develop. In rounds one and two you are expecting to find immediate starters who can play at a high level right away or at least be an average starter right away with the potential to be very good and with the #1 overall pick you are looking for a franchise changing player. There is a HUGE difference. Most people know this already.

We basically got a 3rd for Henderson and gave up a 5th for Arnold.  If Arnold can be a safety blanket for Trev and have a season like he did last year he is well worth a 5th

(09-27-2021, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're telling me if you traded a 5th for the number 1 over all pick (hypothetically) that's the equivalent of a 3rd round pick? Seriously?

What a load of crap. You don't freaking average draft picks to assess value, no one does this, no one.

(09-27-2021, 01:48 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/14...47302?s=19

Bodied lol.

Ultimately, this just shows that we didn't vet this player very well in the pre-draft process. When it comes to high draft picks, personalities need to gel with their teammates. You can't afford to take someone "off kilter" that high in the draft. In the lower mid rounds or late in the draft, you can take more of a risk on these type of guys, because you have less to lose, but not in round 1. It is just another example of how poorly this franchise has been run over the years.

(09-27-2021, 02:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Bodied lol.

Ultimately, this just shows that we didn't vet this player very well in the pre-draft process. When it comes to high draft picks, personalities need to gel with their teammates. You can't afford to take someone "off kilter" that high in the draft. In the lower mid rounds or late in the draft, you can take more of a risk on these type of guys, because you have less to lose, but not in round 1. It is just another example of how poorly this franchise has been run over the years.

Yep, he had bust written all over him.

Another first round failure pick that sets the team back for 5 more years

(09-27-2021, 02:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The #1 overall pick is a much different situation. When you deal with mid round picks like 3rd through the 5th, they are basically all the same. You are gonna find potential starters in those rounds, but basically guys who will need time to develop. In rounds one and two you are expecting to find immediate starters who can play at a high level right away or at least be an average starter right away with the potential to be very good and with the #1 overall pick you are looking for a franchise changing player. There is a HUGE difference. Most people know this already.

We basically got a 3rd for Henderson and gave up a 5th for Arnold.  If Arnold can be a safety blanket for Trev and have a season like he did last year he is well worth a 5th

Maybe. I've never been impressed with Arnold as a player though. I probably wouldn't have spent a draft pick on him, even a 7th. He just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade over what we have.