Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Expose via the Athletic

(03-22-2022, 10:24 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

I almost said it's a good thing he wasn't coaching Aaron Hernandez but he did at UF. 

I think the NFL version of Aaron Hernandez would have been a problem for him though. He might have gotten more than a beat down.

He got away with a ton of stuff while at UF, he didn't just start the bad stuff in the NFL.

(03-23-2022, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 08:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Read it again knowing Meyer's style of coaching/management/personality. Then you understand. That is his style and it doesn't appear that anyone has called him out on it or if they have he has ignored it. It doesn't make it a good style or right to treat people that way. Just stating some facts.

He can enjoy being a terrible human being but he can also use it as a motivation tool. For some people having a common enemy it can forge a bond and help motivate the team.

so you're saying the coach motivated players to spite him? I mean, in this situation he was making himself the bleeping enemy.

That leads to an entire locker room dismissing every word you have to say.

Agreed it is not a good style of coaching but I think that is his style. He probably enjoys being that way and sees no problem with it.

It only works to a point and that point is when the players realize they don't have to fear him. Once they start dismissing the coaches words, his style has no impact. NFL players don't have to fear the coach like college players do that are somewhat stuck at a school.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2022, 12:57 AM)jj82284 Wrote: It is a shame that some people still fall for this pearl clutching, pee sitting down, "oh my gosh he said a bad word" crap.  Granted, every coach that has to make the transition from College to pro has an adjustment period.  The way that you interact with college kids and grown men with huge bank accounts are two different things.  I get that.  I'm not hear saying that Urban Meyer bridged that gap.  What I am saying, is that the idea that we only had two wins last year was based on him saying someone's "transcripts weren't right" or that he said a guy "couldn't get a job outside of football" is a testament to how soft our society as a whole has become especially the men. 

As for everyone jumping on the "Meyer's a dummy" train, you go bring me 3 national championships and holla @ me.  You're talking about one of the greatest FOOTBALL COACHES of our lifetime.  There are nearly 1600 players in the national football league, another 250 or so that are draft eligible each year not counting street free agents.  Can you name them all?  No.  The difference is that if any one of you took home an NFL playbook and we gave you a month you wouldn't understand half of it, let alone be able to teach it. 

This isn't me caping for Urban Meyer.  This is me caping for sanity! 

When you study Meyer, he notoriously took a year or two to establish his culture when he arrived in new environments.  I remember the first year at Florida like a bad dream.  Then he brought in the most successful recruiting class in the history of the school and was a laptop away from having one of the most iconic dynasties at the QB position in the history of the sport.  Urbans biggest mistake was trusting trent Balkee and the rest of the brain trust and not dying on the hill with his hand pick coaches and staff.  That would have eliminated the "sympathetic ear" dynamic that leads to descension, leaks, whining etc.  Even with all that, does anyone really believe that Urban Meyer would have been fired if it wasn't for some thirst trap blonde grinding on him and a disgruntled kicker dropping an article in the athletic?

Urban Meyer's not perfect.  He should have brought his own guys, but the idea that we should take the word of a group of players that averaged 2 wins over two seasons over a hall of fame Coach is asinine.  I firmly believe that Urban meyer is being crucified because he refused to either pee sitting down, or put his FIST UP as is the new prerequisite for sports leadership in America.  Just ask Jim Harbaugh.

This is by far the worst take I have ever read.  Nowhere in your rambling, incoherent support for a piece of human garbage did you even approach rationality.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 02:13 PM by Kane.)

(03-23-2022, 12:57 AM)jj82284 Wrote: It is a shame that some people still fall for this pearl clutching, pee sitting down, "oh my gosh he said a bad word" crap.  Granted, every coach that has to make the transition from College to pro has an adjustment period.  The way that you interact with college kids and grown men with huge bank accounts are two different things.  I get that.  I'm not hear saying that Urban Meyer bridged that gap.  What I am saying, is that the idea that we only had two wins last year was based on him saying someone's "transcripts weren't right" or that he said a guy "couldn't get a job outside of football" is a testament to how soft our society as a whole has become especially the men. 

As for everyone jumping on the "Meyer's a dummy" train, you go bring me 3 national championships and holla @ me.  You're talking about one of the greatest FOOTBALL COACHES of our lifetime.  There are nearly 1600 players in the national football league, another 250 or so that are draft eligible each year not counting street free agents.  Can you name them all?  No.  The difference is that if any one of you took home an NFL playbook and we gave you a month you wouldn't understand half of it, let alone be able to teach it. 

When you study Meyer, he notoriously took a year or two to establish his culture when he arrived in new environments.  I remember the first year at Florida like a bad dream.  Then he brought in the most successful recruiting class in the history of the school and was a laptop away from having one of the most iconic dynasties at the QB position in the history of the sport.  Urbans biggest mistake was trusting trent Balkee and the rest of the brain trust and not dying on the hill with his hand pick coaches and staff.  That would have eliminated the "sympathetic ear" dynamic that leads to descension, leaks, whining etc.  Even with all that, does anyone really believe that Urban Meyer would have been fired if it wasn't for some thirst trap blonde grinding on him and a disgruntled kicker dropping an article in the athletic?

Urban Meyer's not perfect.  He should have brought his own guys, but the idea that we should take the word of a group of players that averaged 2 wins over two seasons over a hall of fame Coach is asinine.  I firmly believe that Urban meyer is being crucified because he refused to either pee sitting down, or put his FIST UP as is the new prerequisite for sports leadership in America.  Just ask Jim Harbaugh.

Bruuuuuh  Rolleyes Laughing

(03-23-2022, 02:08 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:

This is by far the worst take I have ever read.  Nowhere in your rambling, incoherent support for a piece of human garbage did you even approach rationality.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Nice Billy Madison reference

(03-23-2022, 11:49 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 10:57 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Meant to type Pattonesque.

Stop.

Just stop.

Urban Meyer is the biggest [BLEEP] to ever live. He's a coward that knew he was the most powerful person in the room which allowed his cowardly self to say anything he wanted.

He's a [BLEEP], a coward, a piece of [BLEEP]. If I punched that little girl in the mouth he would fall to the ground and scream for police help then call his lawyer to sue me.

There is NOTHING alpha about him and there never was.

Patton would have shot me in the face. Urban would just cry and [BLEEP].

Don't false equivocate a real man with a [BLEEP].

Where's ur 3 rings?

(03-23-2022, 05:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:49 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Stop.

Just stop.

Urban Meyer is the biggest [BLEEP] to ever live. He's a coward that knew he was the most powerful person in the room which allowed his cowardly self to say anything he wanted.

He's a [BLEEP], a coward, a piece of [BLEEP]. If I punched that little girl in the mouth he would fall to the ground and scream for police help then call his lawyer to sue me.

Where's ur 3 rings?

I have the same number of NFL rings as Urbz and he has...2 more wins than me?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The sad truth is anyone here could have done a better job than Urban by just doing nothing. Urban actively made things worse and got paid millions of dollars to do it.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1506746167610195972
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

That’s so funny and sad at the same time.

Just stop.

Where's ur 3 rings?
When did he win a SB?

Just stop. You look like a fool.

(03-24-2022, 07:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 05:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Where's ur 3 rings?
When did he win a SB?

Just stop. You look like a fool.

You get rings for winning the National Championship. that's about the only sensible thing that poster said in their entire diatribe.

but defending Urban Meyer in any way shape or form is not the move. Cringe doesn't begin to describe it being honest.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

HBO has to be kicking themselves.  This would of been golden to see this crapshow on Hard Knocks!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-24-2022, 06:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: HBO has to be kicking themselves.  This would of been golden to see this crapshow on Hard Knocks!

He would have put on a show and he would still be here

(03-24-2022, 06:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: HBO has to be kicking themselves.  This would of been golden to see this crapshow on Hard Knocks!

Does anyone read an entire thread anymore? I said this back in post 29. :-)
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

https://youtu.be/Rp-Tu9ViArE
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Just stop.

Where's ur 3 rings?

That's what is so hard for me to figure out.  How can such a great college coach, who won National Championships at two different schools, come into the NFL so unprepared, even after he claimed he had spent several years preparing himself?   How can one of the very best college coaches of the last 30 years be the absolute worst NFL coach of all time?  It's mind-boggling.

(03-24-2022, 10:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Does anyone read an entire thread anymore?  I said this back in post 29.  :-)

You're probably blocked like 65% of the rest of the board.

(03-25-2022, 05:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's what is so hard for me to figure out.  How can such a great college coach, who won National Championships at two different schools, come into the NFL so unprepared, even after he claimed he had spent several years preparing himself?   How can one of the very best college coaches of the last 30 years be the absolute worst NFL coach of all time?  It's mind-boggling.
It's almost like what you did in college doesn't matter at all in the NFL.... 

Players and coaches alike.

(03-25-2022, 05:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Really, it's not. In CFB, as long as you can recruit well, you'll be able to out-talent the majority of your opponents. Teams are limited in how much time they can commit to practice, and usually most teams are left to allocate their best athletes to the offensive side of the ball.

All three of those combine to allow a good recruiter relative ease to pencil-whip an undermanned team. The reason the Bamas, OSUs and even Clemson seem to perpetually be in the tourney isn't because their coaches are any revolutionary mind when it comes to the game, it's that the majority of their team are NFL-ready athletes playing against teams that are lucky to have 2 or 3 guys at that level.

At the NFL, teams have all kinds of resources to study, practice, scout, and fill rosters with talent. You ain't gonna pencil-whip anyone in this league, plain and simple. It's a completely different animal, and it's rare that coaches can transition from a career on one side of the equation, switch, and find parallel success.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022, 01:29 PM by Jags@dajugular. Edited 1 time in total.)

Any excuse to run from the same responsibility that he expected from the players. Aint a REAL leader one who will not ask others to do what he himself won't. I forgot where I was this is the only place where a certain set of people can demand from others what they themselves won't do. Some have all kinds of leeway and excuse for [BLEEP] like this, but none for players who go out there on the field with the potential to get hurt calling them soft. There is a reason why Elite Coaches get paid what they do and you wonder why across the board the whole team regressed. Hell, the man has been fired and the Jags still can't get away from his stench. To give excuses to a man who talked crap about his assistant coaches but left while they were putting in the work or The same idiot who chose to stay in some restaurant or bar he owns in Ohio to finger some young chick while the team dealt with a tough loss. Soft I understand why those men cried and not broke that chicken [BLEEP] neck. It's telling you can tell who has never been in a situation where you haven't done anything to deserve what you are getting but can't say or do nothing to defend yourself A lot of us know how that feels. That's why the Highest doesn't sleep and it is reaping and sowing until he comes smh.