Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4: Jags vs Eagles

(09-29-2022, 09:54 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The OL should get another test this weekend. Eagles are currently #2 in sacks with 12. 9 of which came last week vs the Redskins.

Will be interesting to see how Fortner holds up against BIG Jordan Davis/Fletcher Cox and how the OTs will hold up against Brandon Graham.

Gotta take advantage of running the ball when Big Davis isn't in the game clogging up the middle.
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7845161984

I wouldn’t fear our pass rush very much.  We feasted on Wentz, but throw that game out and we had one and a half sacks over two games.  Last year we were close to last in the league in sacks.

Your big IDL guys could have a banner day vs our underfperforming LG and rookie Center actually. It may not add up to sacks, but it could collapse a lot of pockets and force Trevor to roll out,  throw it too soon, or throw under duress. 

Our LT is also susceptible to speed on the outside. 

9 sacks?  Definitely not, but it could make Lawrence's day difficult.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-29-2022, 09:54 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The OL should get another test this weekend. Eagles are currently #2 in sacks with 12. 9 of which came last week vs the Redskins.

Will be interesting to see how Fortner holds up against BIG Jordan Davis/Fletcher Cox and how the OTs will hold up against Brandon Graham.

Gotta take advantage of running the ball when Big Davis isn't in the game clogging up the middle.
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...7845161984

I wouldn’t fear our pass rush very much.  We feasted on Wentz, but throw that game out and we had one and a half sacks over two games.  Last year we were close to last in the league in sacks.

What about pressures?  Is your line not affecting the pocket and the QB much outside of last game?

The pass protection had its best game in ages against the Chargers. Coincidentally, Lawrence had arguably his best game as an NFL QB. I am worried about the interior rush. Lawrence is mobile but is normally just your traditional make one read and sling it.

(09-29-2022, 11:39 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The pass protection had its best game in ages against the Chargers.  Coincidentally,  Lawrence had arguably his best game as an NFL QB.  I am worried about the interior rush.  Lawrence is mobile but is normally just your traditional make one read and sling it.

What? He's been hitting 2nd and 3rd reads consistently. Sometimes even all the way to his 4th/5th

(09-29-2022, 11:44 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:39 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The pass protection had its best game in ages against the Chargers.  Coincidentally,  Lawrence had arguably his best game as an NFL QB.  I am worried about the interior rush.  Lawrence is mobile but is normally just your traditional make one read and sling it.

What? He's been hitting 2nd and 3rd reads consistently. Sometimes even all the way to his 4th/5th

He is processing very quickly right now. You are correct as I've seen him go through progressions as well.  I think the misconception of getting the ball out quickly as he has is its one read and throw, and that may be the case some times but on the down the field stuff he is definitely going through progressions and still getting it out super fast.

Slay was a DNP yesterday with a back injury

No way the Jags win on Sunday. There is no way players can focus on game planning with this hurricane/tropical storm. Most of these guys are young and probably have never seen a storm of this magnitude so I'm most certain they are totally distracted this week. Although, less devastating, I compare this to the Jags going into Houston and beating the Texans right after the Houston flood that took the Texans out of their routine.

(09-28-2022, 07:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/IrishJaguar/status/1...0612952064

Anyone picking the Eagles by 2 scores hasn't watched a second of Jaguar football this year.

How did this game pull the Spero Dedes card this week? Not a good omen for the Jaguars.

The pass pro. doesn't have to work very hard when 90% of the pass plays are designed to get the ball out in less than 2.5 seconds and you have a QB that can actually pull it off. 

The opponent losing their top pass rusher to a groin tear in the 1st quarter doesn't hurt either.

(09-29-2022, 11:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Slay was a DNP yesterday with a back injury

He's my biggest concern in this game. I know a lot of people are focusing on the front seven but I think Pederson will scheme Lawrence out of that problem. However, it's going to be interesting to see where they line Slay up. I would like to see Zay Jones get moved into some of those positions Christian Kirk has been in so far earlier this year. 

That is of course if they even decide to approach their defense with the WR's as the focal point in the passing game. I am still waiting on Pederson to roll that damn twin TE set with the move in play and some of that split backfield stuff with Robinson, Etienne and Agnew all in the mix out there. 

This is going to be a fun game man. I know it's early. But, this is a HUGE game for this team and this city. They win this and go up 3 - 1? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Media is going to turn us into the hottest commodity to buy into. It's already happening with ESPN with Wright and Simms over there on NBC.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Spero Dedes and Jay Feely *eye roll*

Philly is a tough test, obviously. What Ill be looking for is the Jags to make a competitive game of it and have a chance to win. Ill be disappointed with a loss but I will take a back and forth competitive game without injuries as a positive and then get back on the roll at home against Texans.

Knowing what this team is capable of now - that loss to Washington reaaallllyy bugs me lol. But if we come out of the next 2 weeks A) healthy and B) 3-2 (2-0) then will we be in great shape going forward. I really want us healthy heading into that Texans game. I want to win our division so damn bad.

Hope Zay is good to go. Must have happened in practice yesterday?

(09-29-2022, 01:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 11:53 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Slay was a DNP yesterday with a back injury

He's my biggest concern in this game. I know a lot of people are focusing on the front seven but I think Pederson will scheme Lawrence out of that problem. However, it's going to be interesting to see where they line Slay up. I would like to see Zay Jones get moved into some of those positions Christian Kirk has been in so far earlier this year. 

That is of course if they even decide to approach their defense with the WR's as the focal point in the passing game. I am still waiting on Pederson to roll that damn twin TE set with the move in play and some of that split backfield stuff with Robinson, Etienne and Agnew all in the mix out there. 

This is going to be a fun game man. I know it's early. But, this is a HUGE game for this team and this city. They win this and go up 3 - 1? Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Media is going to turn us into the hottest commodity to buy into. It's already happening with ESPN with Wright and Simms over there on NBC.

I was expecting more combined production out of Engram/Arnold coming into this season as well, but Arnold seems to be an afterthought in this offense so far.  Maybe that changes this week.  Zay just popped up on the injury report with an ankle.

Tim Jones time!

Agree about it being Tim Jones time. The team needs to protect its players and allow them proper time to heal.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-29-2022, 02:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Tim Jones time!

Just what I was thinking. Hopefully he's ready to contribute.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2022, 02:38 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-29-2022, 02:04 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 01:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's my biggest concern in this game. I know a lot of people are focusing on the front seven but I think Pederson will scheme Lawrence out of that problem. However, it's going to be interesting to see where they line Slay up. I would like to see Zay Jones get moved into some of those positions Christian Kirk has been in so far earlier this year. 

I was expecting more combined production out of Engram/Arnold coming into this season as well, but Arnold seems to be an afterthought in this offense so far.  Maybe that changes this week.  Zay just popped up on the injury report with an ankle.

(09-29-2022, 02:14 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Tim Jones time!

(09-29-2022, 02:30 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Agree about it being Tim Jones time. The team needs to protect its players and allow them proper time to heal.

Agreed with all of the above. The TE group has only combined for a total of 16 targets so far through three weeks. If Zay Jones needs to heal up. Let him heal up. Tim Jones made the roster for a reason. I think it's also a good opportunity to see if Jamal Agnew can work himself into the rotation more consistently. 

There's plenty of opportunities to share the wealth. Again, something Pederson had done with his tenure in Philadelphia and it's continued here so far.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."