Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ten. Vs Jax talk (merged)

(11-16-2023, 11:52 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-15-2023, 11:09 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Yea lets say we beat the Tacks this week (bold prediction),  the Texans play the Cardinals (probably a W) and they're surely going to dump us the following week in Houston.  Their schedule lightens up and we look like a team that doesn't practice..  against a tough schedule.  We may be a road team in the wildcard round,  IF we make the playoffs.

Jags played like a high school squad against the 9ers true, but it doesn't completely invalidate what the team's done the rest of the year.  I think it will ultimately come down to what happens @Houston. Assuming we win, I think the Jags end up 12-5 and the tinhorns at 11-6. Of course anything can happen, like the tacks sweeping them, but that's unlikely. Also the Broncos have been playing better as of late so that's no easy matchup for them. We could also lose to the Bengals at home but I think we've got to get it going at SOME point.

Houston has this remaining:
Cards (W)
Jags (assume a L)
Broncos (W)
@Jets (W)
@tacks (W)
Browns (L)
tacks (W)
@Colts (W)

We have this:
tacks (W)
@Houston (assume a W)
Bengals (W)
@Browns (L)
Ravens (L)
@Bucs (W)
Panthers (W)
@tacks (3-6) (W)

Getting swept by Houston would put the division in jeopardy sure, but I think you're giving them a lot of undue credit with those predictions.  clots (5-3 if you take away the 2 losses against us) only a half game behind them and have played most everyone pretty tough. Broncos are playing much better and even the QB-less Jets are a tough out due to how stout their defense is.  I don't think they're getting all 3 of those.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is going to be the same type of game as last year. Stop Henry and we stop the offense. Henry is 2nd in the league in rushing right now. This run defense struggled last week. I would love to see a bounce back game and keep Hitting Henry behind the LOS.

(11-16-2023, 03:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 11:52 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Jags played like a high school squad against the 9ers true, but it doesn't completely invalidate what the team's done the rest of the year.  I think it will ultimately come down to what happens @Houston. Assuming we win, I think the Jags end up 12-5 and the tinhorns at 11-6. Of course anything can happen, like the tacks sweeping them, but that's unlikely. Also the Broncos have been playing better as of late so that's no easy matchup for them. We could also lose to the Bengals at home but I think we've got to get it going at SOME point.

Houston has this remaining:
Cards (W)
Jags (assume a L)
Broncos (W)
@Jets (W)
@tacks (W)
Browns (L)
tacks (W)
@Colts (W)

We have this:
tacks (W)
@Houston (assume a W)
Bengals (W)
@Browns (L)
Ravens (L)
@Bucs (W)
Panthers (W)
@tacks (3-6) (W)

Getting swept by Houston would put the division in jeopardy sure, but I think you're giving them a lot of undue credit with those predictions.  clots (5-3 if you take away the 2 losses against us) only a half game behind them and have played most everyone pretty tough. Broncos are playing much better and even the QB-less Jets are a tough out due to how stout their defense is.  I don't think they're getting all 3 of those.

Houston could lose this week with Murray back

(11-16-2023, 08:44 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1724924481821450363

He has it all figured out. We doomed.

(11-16-2023, 09:02 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 08:44 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1724924481821450363

He made this team and city what it is if you recall.

(11-16-2023, 10:00 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 09:02 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He has it all figured out. We doomed.

He made this team and city what it is if you recall.

We built this city...

We built this city on 

AR

DEN

KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-16-2023, 09:02 PM)Jag88 Wrote:

I really hope no one figures out taking away the first read makes the QB have to find another read. That's next level stuff right there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Trevor needs a speed reading course with this O line.

tacks message board is 27 pages in and still only a handful of actual comments on the game and mostly complaints about Vrabel, their OL, and how much they've been sucking.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 10:07 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-17-2023, 08:59 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

I really hope no one figures out taking away the first read makes the QB have to find another read. That's next level stuff right there.

Yeah. That's pretty much every goal on every defense in a passing situation at every level of football. Sans pop warner probably. 

I honestly don't care. I am not getting too high nor low on Trevor. The only way that'll happen for me is when this team is chiefly losing football games because of his mental errors. 

Lucky for him this team has been winning plenty of football games since the halfway point of last year and I think he'll continue to win football games.

My biggest gripe has been the stat buffs here locally, nationally and on this forum. We're not needing him to throw it 40 or more times per game or find the endzone somehow 3 - 4 times per games because:

A. Defense is playing WAY better in 2023 than they did in 2022.
B. Etienne is being utilized more and has had better luck in year three (year two really) of his career finding the endzone.

I am 1,000,000% confident, that, when this offense absolutely NEEDS a TD when the game is on the line late? Or we're down? 9 times out of 10 he'll find a way to make that happen.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Incredible insight. I suppose if his first read is there, the elite QBs skip it for style points?

The "first read" point that most here are understanding and a few are missing is that Trevor is very often already under pressure by the time he assesses his second read.

So yes - it is every defense's goal to know from tape what the first read is and take it away - but it is not every week those defenses know they have a very good chance of pressuring the QB before he can pull the trigger on read #2.

The Jags are currently in that unenviable situation of defensive fronts licking their chops to tee off on their QB.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 11:42 AM by BaLLin4Life.)

(11-17-2023, 08:59 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

That was such a moronic response.

(11-16-2023, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2023, 03:35 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Getting swept by Houston would put the division in jeopardy sure, but I think you're giving them a lot of undue credit with those predictions.  clots (5-3 if you take away the 2 losses against us) only a half game behind them and have played most everyone pretty tough. Broncos are playing much better and even the QB-less Jets are a tough out due to how stout their defense is.  I don't think they're getting all 3 of those.

Houston could lose this week with Murray back

That's just a wishful thinking.

Murray stinks.

(11-17-2023, 11:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The "first read" point that most here are understanding and a few are missing is that Trevor is very often already under pressure by the time he assesses his second read.

So yes - it is every defense's goal to know from tape what the first read is and take it away - but it is not every week those defenses know they have a very good chance of pressuring the QB before he can pull the trigger on read #2.

The Jags are currently in that unenviable situation of defensive fronts licking their chops to tee off on their QB.

What no one gets is that taking the first read has nothing to do with the linemen, it's about the CBs pressing and rolling double coverage to the primary guy. If our #1 target can't beat his man then the play is doomed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-17-2023, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The "first read" point that most here are understanding and a few are missing is that Trevor is very often already under pressure by the time he assesses his second read.

What no one gets is that taking the first read has nothing to do with the linemen, it's about the CBs pressing and rolling double coverage to the primary guy. If our #1 target can't beat his man then the play is doomed.

It does have to do with the linemen if they are being counted on to get home prior to the QB making multiple reads, but I get your point. The secondary has to ID and cover that primary. 

I wonder if Doug and Press play any chess moves to counter that strategy this week in the pass game?
There are definitely ways to make that defensive strategy harder to pull off.

(11-17-2023, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:44 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What no one gets is that taking the first read has nothing to do with the linemen, it's about the CBs pressing and rolling double coverage to the primary guy. If our #1 target can't beat his man then the play is doomed.

It does have to do with the linemen if they are being counted on to get home prior to the QB making multiple reads, but I get your point. The secondary has to ID and cover that primary. 

I wonder if Doug and Press play any chess moves to counter that strategy this week in the pass game?

Yeah. It's called motion and trips bunch formations.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-17-2023, 01:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 12:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It does have to do with the linemen if they are being counted on to get home prior to the QB making multiple reads, but I get your point. The secondary has to ID and cover that primary. 

Yeah. It's called motion and trips bunch formations.

Yeah - they are already doing that. OK to want more of it - but it has been sniffed out pretty well so far.

(11-17-2023, 09:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: tacks message board is 27 pages in and still only a handful of actual comments on the game and mostly complaints about Vrabel, their OL, and how much they've been sucking.

..as bad as our OL is, they have the worst starting OL in the league. Their whole OL is practice squad guys. our D gonna feast

At the cost of our season

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/11...ZmoYZmzGl8