Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More evidence in support of Caldwell

Quote:To understand my theory you have to first believe in it.

I bout died LoL'ing when I read this^
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The most important thing is missing from this thread. Age adjusting! Carry on!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I bout died LoL'ing when I read this^
I swear him and ky are the same person. Haha.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I swear him and ky are the same person. Haha.

You have to give KY a little more credit than that. He at least uses proper grammar. Yo boy has a third grade level knowledge of the English language.

Quote:You have to give KY a little more credit than that. He at least uses proper grammar. Yo boy has a third grade level knowledge of the English language.

He really isn't incomparable to the rest here. Just often ganged up on, as would be the case. Grammar is as grammar does. All yanks. Little difference. I said it.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Yank this.... lol !

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:Because we know that head coaches, not players are what makes a winning team.   Rolleyes

Remember when Sean Payton was suspended from the Saints in 2012 and then they made playoffs and almost won the super bowl? No?  Well maybe that was just your Alzheimer's kickin' in...    :whistling:

Quote:Remember when Sean Payton was suspended from the Saints in 2012 and then they made playoffs and almost won the super bowl? No?  Well maybe that was just your Alzheimer's kickin' in...    :whistling:
He just suddenly turned into a bad coach the past two seasons.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 08:54 AM by iapetus.)

Quote:To understand my theory you have to first believe in it. If im saying theoretically speaking that Belicheck would have done better with this team last year.. That means i believe he would have at the very least took the team 8-8.. That is a far better mark then the 5-11 that Gus went.. So theoretically speaking thats better!!

Not possible. Belicheck proved in his first years at Cleveland that he wasn't a good coach. Firing him and letting some other team suffer under that incompetent fool was the best thing they ever did.

Quote:He just suddenly turned into a bad coach the past two seasons.

I think you know my position in this discussion.

It's just a tired argument that coaches aren't important to winning. It's clearly a matter of having both to be a consistent playoff team.

That's just the deal in the nfl.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2016, 09:13 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Not possible. Belicheck proved in his first years at Cleveland that he wasn't a good coach. Firing him and letting some other team suffer under that incompetent fool was the best thing they ever did.
Hahaha failed in Cleveland? Good try.

1991 6-10

92 7-9

93 7-9

94 11-5

95 5-11

Gus is not Bill. Not even close. Cleveland was dumb for firing him but that doesn't mean the Jags would be dumb to fire Bradley. 

Quote:Hahaha failed in Cleveland? Good try.

1991 6-10

92 7-9

93 7-9

94 11-5

95 5-11

Gus is not Bill. Not even close. Cleveland was dumb for firing him but that doesn't mean the Jags would be dumb to fire Bradley. 
So one winning season out of six does not constitute failure?

JDR had four seasons of .500 or better (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007) to go with four losing seasons (2003, 2008, 2009, 2010) and he was run out of here.

I can only imagine the anti JDR sentiment if he had only one winning season out of six here.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Exactly. His successor (skipping right through MurUghkay) will be attempting to get his 1st in 4 years, with a superior roster than JDR ever had in his 8 years. Yet, we are only 'hoping' he just gets to even par.

Quote:So one winning season out of six does not constitute failure?

JDR had four seasons of .500 or better (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007) to go with four losing seasons (2003, 2008, 2009, 2010) and he was run out of here.

I can only imagine the anti JDR sentiment if he had only one winning season out of six here.
When it's in Cleveland, that sounds pretty good.

What I'm getting at is that the only argument people have for keeping Bradley is the "Belicheck" argument. Gus isn't Bill.

Quote:Exactly. His successor (skipping right through MurUghkay) will be attempting to get his 1st in 4 years, with a superior roster than JDR ever had in his 8 years. Yet, we are only 'hoping' he just gets to even par.

What?  This year..yeah.  The previous years?  What are you drinking?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's a pretty direct statement,Rico. WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO...

Implying, from NOW on...

JDR never once had the overall quality of the CURRENT roster in his tenure in Jacksonville. Let's see how it pans out. Fingers crossed for Gus.

Quote:When it's in Cleveland, that sounds pretty good.

What I'm getting at is that the only argument people have for keeping Bradley is the "Belicheck" argument. Gus isn't Bill.
That's not the only argument.

In fact, I didn't even bring up other coaches.  Yo Boy mentioned them.  I just debunked his argument.

My main argument has always been Bradley was hamstrung by a vastly substandard roster and that it is largely unfair to judge him by his results the first two years.

Now he has a legitimate roster that should enable him to compete.  If he fails to get results now, he will deserve criticism.

Quote:It's a pretty direct statement,Rico. WILL BE ATTEMPTING TO...

Implying, from NOW on...

JDR never once had the overall quality of the CURRENT roster in his tenure in Jacksonville. Let's see how it pans out. Fingers crossed for Gus.

Well it's pretty hard to tell when you start everything by saying that he is the '50th best coach out of 32'.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:While I agree with this, it's worth pointing out that we do have plenty of evidence regarding his game day abilities. For instance, he's exhibited questionable time management skills where you really don't know what me might do near the end of the game. This is in stark contrast to other HCs who are time management masters. This is merely one example, and there are others, but at the same time we need to account for his own development as a HC. He does appear to be getting better, and one specific proof in point is with the red flag. Early on he'd let his emotions determine when to throw the flag and he'd lose valuable time outs and challenges. But he recognized this fault in himself, and corrected it. It appears he worked things out with the guy upstairs, because after addressing the issue, he was suddenly a red flag master. I also submit that he's developed halftime adjustment skills that in years prior were completely absent from his game.
Funny how a lot of these things are improving with the talent.

Bottom line though, Bradley needs to win this year.

Oh, I didn't in this take though, different viewpoints.

Do I consider him atrocious? Yeah.

Do I think he is one of the worst in the league? Why, yes

Do I think he was put in a really tough situation that makes judging him thus far an insular approach? I do

Do I hope he wins 19 in 2016 and more of the same? You betcha.

I am a Jaguar first. Personal vendettas are not my thing.

I will however counter items I consider gross fallacies, or bias.