Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Way Too Early 53-man Roster

Quote:Again, it's more about the numbers than a depth chart, although don't say you'd actually be shocked if Evans beat out Cyp in camp.

It does look like Skuta is being kept at OTTO with Ryan Davis also moving into the role, so where is Jack playing? Is he even starting, and if so, at OTTO? Or is his role simply to backup at the WILL and MIKE spots. I should probably make a few changes among the front seven. It's confusing to say the least. I'm also wondering with Davis moving if this suggests Malik will be more of a DE with Sen'Derrick at DT as opposed to Malik at DT with Odrick at DE. I'm also wondering if Holmes is being worked at LEO or OTTO. When looking at this like a depth chart, I'm having to wonder who exactly is backing up Odrick and Telvin at the strongside DE spot and at WILL.

Jack is a day 1 starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Revise the whole thing.

Bennett over Day,

Quote:And yes, I left Henne on it. This is a roster prediction more than it is a depth chart so no names are listed twice.

QB
(3): Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

RB
(4): Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Jonas Gray, Corey Grant

WR1
(3): Allen Robinson, Marquis Lee, Arrelious Benn

WR2/slot
(3): Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene, Bryan Walters

TE
(3): Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis and Nic Jacobs

OT
(4): Luke Joekel, Kelvin Beachum, Jermey Parnell, Josh Wells

C/G
(5): Brandon Linder, AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Luke Bowanko Jeff Linkenbach, Tyler Shatley

OFFENSE: 25, Shatley moves to C full-time

LEO
(3): Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, Jonathan Woodard Bjoern Werner

DT:
(3): Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

NT
(2): Roy Miller, Abry Jones

DE
(2): Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis

OLB
(2): Telvin Smith, Dan Skuta

MLB
(2): Paul Posluszny, Jordan Tripp

OTTO
(2): Myles Jack, Tyrone Holmes

CB
(5): Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Nick Marshall Demetrius McCray

FS
(2): Tashaun Gipson, James Sample

SS
(2): Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien

DEFENSE: 25 (? Is Ryan Davis really moving to OTTO, or just getting some practice there)

K (1): Jaden Oberkrom Jason Myers

P (1): Brad Nortman

LS (1): Carson Tinker

PUP: Luke Bowanko

IR: Jonathan Woodard

Suspended: Justin Blackmon
Very solid list. This is pretty much the way i see it.

A couple things that may change is the keeping of Marshall over McCray. I think this could be a possibility because of Special Teams and versatility reasons. McCray gives you generally nothing in both those regards.

I also see the jags only keeping 2 QB's on the roster and having Brandon Allen on the Practice Squad. This clears up space for the jags to keep either Denard Robinson or Neal Sterling.  Again, keeping those guys helps with Special Teams that a QB cant. 

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016, 05:35 PM by HolsterHusto.)

I'll give it another stab.

QB - Bortles, Henne, Allen

RB - Yeldon, Ivory, Gray, Robinson

WR - Robinson, Walters, Benn

WR - Hurns, Lee, Greene

TE - Thomas, Sterling, Koyack (PS)

TE - Lewis, Jacobs

LT - Beachum, Joeckel

LG - Bernadeau

C - Linder, Bowanko (PUP)

RG - Cann, Shatley, Slater (PS)

RT - Parnell, Wells

Total - 25

LEO - Fowler, Ngakoue

DT - Jackson, Marks (PUP), Bennett, Day

NT - Miller, Jones

DE - Odrik, Alualu, Woodard (IR)

WLB - Telvin, Tripp

MLB - Poz

SLB - Jack, Skuta, Davis, Holmes

CB - House, Colvin (SUS), McCray

FS - Gipson, Evans

SS - Cyp/Sample, J.Wilson (PS)

CB - Ramsey, Prince, Marshall, Boddy-Calhoun (PS)

Total - 25

K - Myers

P - Nortman

LS - Tinker

Total - 3

Quote:Very solid list. This is pretty much the way i see it.

A couple things that may change is the keeping of Marshall over McCray. I think this could be a possibility because of Special Teams and versatility reasons. McCray gives you generally nothing in both those regards.

I also see the jags only keeping 2 QB's on the roster and having Brandon Allen on the Practice Squad. This clears up space for the jags to keep either Denard Robinson or Neal Sterling.  Again, keeping those guys helps with Special Teams that a QB cant. 

I take you meant to say "...that may change is the keeping of McCray over Marshall." It's a tough call depending on who you feel the team will get more out of.

From the draft interview it sounds like they're keeping 3 qbs this year, and I'm doubting Allen would last on the PS. I can see 2 qbs with Henne gone since Allen fits the scheme better with his knack for throwing deeper. When we talk about replacing Henne with a more impactful vet, I hear "What does it matter? If the backup qb plays we're not winning games anyways." So, why the big deal in allowing Allen to develop faster as the #2 guy? He has a fantastic arm and simply needs to learn the nuances of the nfl game.

'02

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">O2, interesting.  Here's my 2 cents of changes...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">QB (3): Blake Bortles, Chad Henne, Brandon Allen

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">RB (4): Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Jonas Gray, Corey Grant  
Denard Robinson ....I think they give the Denard conversion 1 more year; Grant to PS.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">WR1 (3): Allen Robinson, Marquis Lee, Arrelious Benn

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">WR2/slot (2)
: Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene, Bryan Walters ...I think they carry the "6th WR" on the PS, coin flip for 5th spot between Benn/Walters/Washington.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">TE (4)
: Julius Thomas, Marcedes Lewis, Nic Jacobs, Neal Sterling ...need a replacement for Harbor as the move TE backup to Thomas.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">OT (4): Luke Joekel, Kelvin Beachum, Jermey Parnell, Josh Wells

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">C/G (5): Brandon Linder, AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Luke Bowanko Jeff Linkenbach, Tyler Shatley

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">OFFENSE: 25, Shatley moves to C full-time remains swing C/G

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">LEO (3): Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, Jonathan Woodard Bjoern Werner

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">DT: (3): Malik Jackson, Sen'Derrick Marks, Sheldon Day

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">NT (2): Roy Miller, Abry Jones

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">DE (2): Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis Tyson Alualu ...better run stopper for base strong DE role, Davis replaced in inside lightning role 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">OLB (2): Telvin Smith, Jordan Tripp

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">MLB (2): Myles Jack, Paul Posluszny

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">OTTO (2): Dan Skuta, Tyrone Holmes 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">CB (5): Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Nick Marshall Demetrius McCray

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">FS (2): Tashaun Gipson, James Sample, Nick Marshall ...I think they'll convert Marshall due to CB depth or cross-train him for both roles.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">SS (2): Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien, James Sample ...Sample is a SS in OTAs and Gus comments, Evans has not produced.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">DEFENSE: 25 (? Is Ryan Davis really moving to OTTO, or just getting some practice there) ...trying to find a home as losing previous job, too slow for OTTO IMO.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">(1)Jaden Oberkrom Jason Myers

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">(1): Brad Nortman

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">LS (1): Carson Tinker

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016, 10:10 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:And yes, I left Henne on it. This is a roster prediction more than it is a depth chart so no names are listed twice.

QB

RB
(4): Chris Ivory, TJ Yeldon, Jonas Gray, Corey Grant

WR1
(3): Allen Robinson, Marquis Lee, Arrelious Benn

WR2/slot
(3): Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene, Bryan Walters

TE

OT

C/G
(5): Brandon Linder, AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau, <del>Luke Bowanko</del> Jeff Linkenbach, Tyler Shatley

OFFENSE: 25, Shatley moves to C full-time

LEO
(3): Dante Fowler, Yannick Ngakoue, <del>Jonathan Woodard</del> Bjoern Werner

DT:

NT

DE
(2): Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis

OLB
(2): Telvin Smith, Dan Skuta

MLB
(2): Paul Posluszny, Jordan Tripp

OTTO
(2): Myles Jack, Tyrone Holmes

CB
(5): Davon House, Jalen Ramsey, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, <del>Nick Marshall</del> Demetrius McCray

FS
(2): Tashaun Gipson, James Sample

SS
(2): Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien

DEFENSE: 25 (? Is Ryan Davis really moving to OTTO, or just getting some practice there)

K (1): <del>Jaden Oberkrom</del> Jason Myers

I think lb should be

2) weakside - smith holmes

2) mlb - jack poz or poz jack

2) Otto - skuta davis

This allows us to move jack inside.. Plus we can get creative.. That's the luxury of having depth.. It also allows Davis to play de..

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016, 10:21 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

Quote:I'm also wondering with Davis moving if this suggests Malik will be more of a DE.

I think so.. I believe malik plays de no matter what.. Im looking forward to fowler and malik terrorizing qbs.. Also we have enough dt"s to keep malik on the outside anyway.. Especially with the Werner signing..

Quote:I think so.. I believe malik plays de no matter what.. Im looking forward to fowler and malik terrorizing qbs.. Also we have enough dt"s to keep malik on the outside anyway.. Especially with the Werner signing..

I'm confused by the Werner reference as he strictly plays outside.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 11:43 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

QB

RB
(4): TJ Yeldon, Chris Ivory, Jonas Gray, D rob

WR 
(6): Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Rashad Greene, Marqise Lee, Arrelious Benn, Bryan Walters

TE

OT

C/G
(5): Brandon Linder, AJ Cann, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Jeff Linkenbach, Tyler Shatley

LEO (3): Dante Fowler, Tyrone Holmes, Bjoern Werner

DT:

NT

DE
(2): Jared Odrick, Yannick Ngakoue

OLB
(2): Telvin Smith, Jordan Tripp

MLB
(2): Myles Jack, Paul Posluszny

OTTO
(2)Dan Skuta, Ryan Davis

CB
(5): : Davon House, Jalen Ramsey
, Prince Amukamara, Aaron Colvin, Demetrius MCcray

FS
(2): Tashaun Gipson, Josh Evans

SS
(2): Jonathon Cyprien
, James Sample

K (1)Jason Myers

Quote:Some of you may be overlooking what the Jaguars can do with that kind of speed. It's not just his 40-time that's so incredible, but on tape he makes others look like they're standing still. I totally see him breaking out in camp and possibly knocking DRob right off the roster.
This is so ridiculous. You must think the NFL is still stuck in the 50s. Every player from LB to DBs can run just as fast or slightly less faster than your boy. Speed means nothing. Enough already.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:This is so ridiculous. You must think the NFL is still stuck in the 50s. Every player from LB to DBs can run just as fast or slightly less faster than your boy. Speed means nothing. Enough already.

No, not every player can run just as fast. Just recently I listened to a player talking about racing just about anyone on the roster while saying "except for Corey Grant" explaining he'd never be able to catch Grant. Grant's rare speed catches other players by surprise. He's far and away the single fastest player on this entire roster, and the Jaguars should look to take advantage of that. In this league, speed kills, and that goes for guys who are even just a little bit faster. Grant is way faster.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 07:37 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:No, not every player can run just as fast. Just recently I listened to a player talking about racing just about anyone on the roster while saying "except for Corey Grant" explaining he'd never be able to catch Grant. Grant's rare speed catches other players by surprise. He's far and away the single fastest player on this entire roster, and the Jaguars should look to take advantage of that. In this league, speed kills, and that goes for guys who are even just a little bit faster. Grant is way faster.

He also has absolutely nothing else to his game,he can't catch,can't run through tackles,not very agile,no sidesteps/spin move,can't block either.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2016, 11:42 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

just updated the depth chart above Jags02.. What do u think..

Quote:Very solid list. This is pretty much the way i see it.

I also see the jags only keeping 2 QB's on the roster and having Brandon Allen on the Practice Squad. This clears up space for the jags to keep either Denard Robinson or Neal Sterling. Again, keeping those guys helps with Special Teams that a QB cant.

I agree with your second point completely,

but McCray offers a lot of special teams value. Not as a returner, but as perhaps the best gunner on the team.

Quote:He also has absolutely nothing else to his game,he can't catch,can't run through tackles,not very agile,no sidesteps/spin move,can't block either.

This is not true either. His hands are fine as he can totally catch the ball, and he's got excellent downfield vision to locate creases to run through. Just because a guy is one of the few fastest players in the entire league doesn't mean he can't do anything else.

'02

Quote:just updated the depth chart above Jags02.. What do u think..

Two things....

1. You're sleeping on Corey Grant who I'm convinced will make it over either DRob or Gray.

2. Yannick is totally and absolutely a LEO.

One of the tough parts is figuring out who is playing strongside DE with Odrick, but I'm convinced it's not Yannick. I'm so over Alualu who normally fits this role because he's just not among the 53 best players. He might actually stick over a guy like Werner or Holmes who may be battling each other for a spot, but perhaps the idea is that with Malik Jackson playing the 3-tech as well as moving over and playing strongside DE, you basically already have two guys with Jackson and Odrick.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016, 05:00 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:This is not true either. His hands are fine as he can totally catch the ball, and he's got excellent downfield vision to locate creases to run through. Just because a guy is one of the few fastest players in the entire league doesn't mean he can't do anything else.

He had bad hands in college. He has speed in a straight line and that's it,of course he can develop as the years go on but at this point he's just a guy. What does he do better than Drob that would put him ahead of him apart from running fast in a straight line?

Quote:He had bad hands in college. He has speed in a straight line and that's it,of course he can develop as the years go on but at this point he's just a guy. What does he do better than Drob that would put him ahead of him apart from running fast in a straight line?

DRob does little to excite me. He's hands are easily as questionable, and actually more so, and he's really only had a handful of decent plays to speak of. I can totally see Grant developing into a better player.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2016, 05:25 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:DRob does little to excite me. He's hands are easily as questionable, and actually more so, and he's really only had a handful of decent plays to speak of. I can totally see Grant developing into a better player.
So again what does Grant do better than Drob apart from run fast in a straight line?

What about his brilliant 4 game stretch in 2014? I think he offers far far more than Grant can,if he gets the fumbling under control hes a very solid change of pace guy.

If Grant ran a 4.35 he wouldn't be on the team and you wouldn't think he's any good.