Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Tuesday

Quote:If Rubio drops out, and endorses Cruz, does that put him above Trump?  Or do his delegates go somewhere else?  I've never quite understood how that works.

Name on thing Cruz has supported that exposes him as being for big oil? I don't know of any but I'm always open to being shown new things. I didn't start out a Cruz supporter but he's the best of a group of bad options at this point. He's at the very least consistently against corporate welfare and really welfare of any kind. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tomorrow the following states vote in the Republican Primary;

March 8, 2016

Hawaii     - 19

Idaho     - Winner-Take-Most  32 Delegates

Michigan - Winner-Take-Most  59 delegates (Trump is leading in the Polls in this state)

Mississippi - 40

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2016

U.S. Virgin Islands - Winner-Take-All 9 Delegates Territory 

--------------------------------------------------------

March 12, 2016

Washington D.C.  - Winner-Take-Most 19 Delegates

Guam - 9 Territory

------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO It really is a two man race between Trump & Cruz despite the GOP trying really hard to make it all about establishment Rubio in super-pacs and endorsements. 

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 09:26 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:I find it funny this is what sticks for you with Cruz but you completely ignore some of Trumps more horrendous social polices, such as supporting Planned Parenthood, advocating torture, supporting government being able to force private enterprise to create software at their expense against their will to modify products (the apple controversy), Trumps lack of respect for the disabled, his lack of respect for really anyone.

Eric, you cannot win a general election on conservative social policies.You just can't. You can complain about PP all you want, but if you threaten to defund it entirely you will lose a lot of women voters. It is easier to just say you will defund the abortion part than destroy the whole thing. You want to win the election, right? Regardless, PP isn't even a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it is a distraction.

As for torture, if the generals support using more advanced methods of torture to defeat terrorism, then I support their decision. I have no qualms about breaking down the humanity of Islamic terrorists or their families. That is how war works. You don't end wars by pussyfooting around (see Japan in WW2).

As for the Apple situation, I would have an issue with this if Apple hadn't already performed the exact same request for the FBI in the past 70 times. Also, Apple has shown zero loyalty to the United States citizenry by colluding with the Chinese government, shipping jobs overseas, and already participating with the NSA to spy on US citizens (see PRISM).

As for your complaint about his "tone", I couldn't care less. He gives respect to people who deserve it. Yellow journalists, corrupt politicians, and party elites deserve none.

SO....there :pirate:

Quote:Eric, you cannot win a general election on conservative social policies.You just can't. You can complain about PP all you want, but if you threaten to defund it entirely you will lose a lot of women voters. It is easier to just say you will defund the abortion part than destroy the whole thing. You want to win the election, right? Regardless, PP isn't even a big deal in the grand scheme of things, it is a distraction.

As for torture, if the generals support using more advanced methods of torture to defeat terrorism, then I support their decision. I have no qualms about breaking down the humanity of Islamic terrorists or their families. That is how war works. You don't end wars by pussyfooting around (see Japan in WW2).

As for the Apple situation, I would have an issue with this if Apple hadn't already performed the exact same request for the FBI in the past 70 times. Also, Apple has shown zero loyalty to the United States citizenry by colluding with the Chinese government, shipping jobs overseas, and already participating with the NSA to spy on US citizens (see PRISM).

As for your complaint about his "tone", I couldn't care less. He gives respect to people who deserve it. Yellow journalists, corrupt politicians, and party elites deserve none.

SO....there :pirate:

So in other words... say what you think that people want to hear, even if it's not what you believe or stand for just to win an election.  That pretty much sums up what Donald Trump (as well as a few other candidates) is all about.  Here is just one example.

"We are going to deport them all, build a wall and make Mexico pay for it".  

Never mind that it's not only impossible to do, but also the fact that no President has the power to enact and enforce such "policy".  Simply say what you think people want to hear just to win the election.

"We are going to get rid of the lines around the states.  There will be many great plans and people will love it.  Also negotiate a better deal with the pharmaceutical companies".  Again, just say what you think people want to hear just to win an election.  No President "negotiates deals" because it's actually Congress that holds and spends the money.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So in other words... say what you think that people want to hear, even if it's not what you believe or stand for just to win an election.  That pretty much sums up what Donald Trump (as well as a few other candidates) is all about.  Here is just one example.

"We are going to deport them all, build a wall and make Mexico pay for it".  

Never mind that it's not only impossible to do, but also the fact that no President has the power to enact and enforce such "policy".  Simply say what you think people want to hear just to win the election.

"We are going to get rid of the lines around the states.  There will be many great plans and people will love it.  Also negotiate a better deal with the pharmaceutical companies".  Again, just say what you think people want to hear just to win an election.  No President "negotiates deals" because it's actually Congress that holds and spends the money.

Your entire argument can be used against every single candidate who claims they want to do something. Every single one of them are making claims of what they will do, but every single one of those claims will have to go through congress. So what is your point? Should every candidate add "with the approval of congress" after they speak about their policies and positions? You are trying to make a case against Donald Trump but actually made a case for all of them. Should we just throw away the position of President and only have congress? After all, they are the only ones who make things happen.

As for inability to deport illegal immigrants and construct a border wall, I want you to give me exact details on why it is impossible. I want you to explain how we can somehow put a man on the moon, develop advanced particle accelerators, field the worlds largest military ever in existence, deconstruct and rebuild the human genome, but somehow can't kick 11 million criminals out and put up a 400 mile wall.

We could probably build a wall.  But it really wouldn't do any good.  People can go around, over, and under walls.  Those coming into this country aren't going to see the wall and go "Well, guess there's no getting past that!"

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:We could probably build a wall.  But it really wouldn't do any good.  People can go around, over, and under walls.  Those coming into this country aren't going to see the wall and go "Well, guess there's no getting past that!"

The wall would have spikes on the bottom of it that drive 30 feet into the ground if it senses movement beneath.

So then we'd have 50 foot deep tunnels instead of the 32 feet deep ones we have now?

Quote:Your entire argument can be used against every single candidate who claims they want to do something. Every single one of them are making claims of what they will do, but every single one of those claims will have to go through congress. So what is your point? Should every candidate add "with the approval of congress" after they speak about their policies and positions? You are trying to make a case against Donald Trump but actually made a case for all of them. Should we just throw away the position of President and only have congress? After all, they are the only ones who make things happen.

As for inability to deport illegal immigrants and construct a border wall, I want you to give me exact details on why it is impossible. I want you to explain how we can somehow put a man on the moon, develop advanced particle accelerators, field the worlds largest military ever in existence, deconstruct and rebuild the human genome, but somehow can't kick 11 million criminals out and put up a 400 mile wall.

Regarding the first part.  I would like for you to quote what policies of other candidates are out of the question and being said because that's what they think people want to hear, yet they know that it's not possible to do.

Regarding the second part.  First of all, exactly who and how will all illegals be rounded up and deported?  Who pays for that?  Where does the money and the man power come from from?  Hire more government employees?  Raise taxes?

As far as building a wall and making Mexico pay for it.  Again, how exactly does that get done?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:As far as building a wall and making Mexico pay for it.  Again, how exactly does that get done?

If Mexico refuses to pay for the wall, a Trump administration would begin charging additional fees to Mexicans who come into the U.S. on visas or with border crossing cars — particularly for visas to “Mexican CEOs and diplomats,” which Trump would cancel “if necessary.” Trump’s plan also calls for possible tariffs and foreign aid cuts and would seize “all remittance payments derived from illegal wages.”

Source: http://ktla.com/2015/08/16/donald-trump-...rder-wall/

Quote:Tomorrow the following states vote in the Republican Primary;

March 8, 2016

Hawaii     - 19

Idaho     - Winner-Take-Most  32 Delegates

Michigan - Winner-Take-Most  59 delegates (Trump is leading in the Polls in this state)

Mississippi - 40

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2016

U.S. Virgin Islands - Winner-Take-All 9 Delegates Territory 

--------------------------------------------------------

March 12, 2016

Washington D.C.  - Winner-Take-Most 19 Delegates

Guam - 9 Territory

------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO It really is a two man race between Trump & Cruz despite the GOP trying really hard to make it all about establishment Rubio in super-pacs and endorsements. 

Should be interesting, Kasich has from the looks of some polls, pulled into 2nd in Michigan (one even has Kasich up 2 on Donald).  I doubt that'll happen but it would be cool to see lol. 

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 06:26 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Your entire argument can be used against every single candidate who claims they want to do something. Every single one of them are making claims of what they will do, but every single one of those claims will have to go through congress.

Isn't the main attraction of Trump is he's different, the he speaks the truth that those beholden to big-money interests or political correctness can't say?

You're telling me he is the same as the rest.

Except with less experience actually governing and no track record on which to judge.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:If Mexico refuses to pay for the wall, a Trump administration would begin charging additional fees to Mexicans who come into the U.S. on visas or with border crossing cars — particularly for visas to “Mexican CEOs and diplomats,” which Trump would cancel “if necessary.” Trump’s plan also calls for possible tariffs and foreign aid cuts and would seize “all remittance payments derived from illegal wages.”

Trump just wings it and knows his base believes in fairy tales. Will Trump put tariffs against his own clothing line?

Quote:Trump just wings it and knows his base believes in fairy tales. Will Trump put tariffs against his own clothing line?

This has been my thought as well, he's a great showman though which as helped. 

Quote:If Mexico refuses to pay for the wall, a Trump administration would begin charging additional fees to Mexicans who come into the U.S. on visas or with border crossing cars — particularly for visas to “Mexican CEOs and diplomats,” which Trump would cancel “if necessary.” Trump’s plan also calls for possible tariffs and foreign aid cuts and would seize “all remittance payments derived from illegal wages.”

So is that realistic and something that a President can do?

Quote:Isn't the main attraction of Trump is he's different, the he speaks the truth that those beholden to big-money interests or political correctness can't say?

You're telling me he is the same as the rest.

Except with less experience actually governing and no track record on which to judge.
Quote:Trump just wings it and knows his base believes in fairy tales. Will Trump put tariffs against his own clothing line?

Once again, say what you think that people want to hear only to win an election.  What people don't do is look at the past history and track record (with an open mind).  Also most people (particularly Trump supporters) seem to think that all of his fairy tales of how "everything is going to be great and people will love it" is something actually feasible and realistic.

Ben Carson is currently leading Rubio in Mississippi lool

Quote:Should be interesting, Kasich has from the looks of some polls, pulled into 2nd in Michigan (one even has Kasich up 2 on Donald).  I doubt that'll happen but it would be cool to see lol. 

Kasich will probably be Donald Trump's VP (if the Donald picks one of the people that ran in the primary).

Florida Delegates...

I got 99 problems but a B1$@H ain't one, (Rubio is an embarrassment & should drop out of the race & the senate!)