Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

It took 1 week from Olson being interviewed to being hired so I wouldn't expect much yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Schwartz runs a somewhat different defense than Gus--i.e., he uses two pass-rushing ends instead of a pseudo 3-4 front. Wonder if Dave might be using some of his influence to encourage Gus to at least look outside the Gus Box for candidates.

Quote:Schwartz runs a somewhat different defense than Gus--i.e., he uses two pass-rushing ends instead of a pseudo 3-4 front. Wonder if Dave might be using some of his influence to encourage Gus to at least look outside the Gus Box for candidates.
I would greatly prefer Schwartz's scheme. It's more basic, it's simpler, and it's something we know works with more than just a team that employs one of the best safety combinations in NFL history.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I would greatly prefer Schwartz's scheme. It's more basic, it's simpler, and it's something we know works with more than just a team that employs one of the best safety combinations in NFL history.
And you don't need an elite FS who covers up all your other players mistakes.....

Without Earl Thomas, the Seattle style defense is pretty bad.

I'd rather have a guy who has a different scheme to Gus, really. They can put ideas on the table and create something new together.

Schwartz seemed to be pretty flexible when he signed on in Buffalo last year. This is from an article last June.

Quote: 

Change isn’t always a bad thing, but when you’ve undergone the change that Buffalo’s defense has experienced you want to maintain as much continuity as possible. Schwartz has tried to limit the turnover in his scheme.

<p style="font-size:16px;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;">“We’ve kept a lot of the terminology the same,” he said. “It’s a lot easier for me to pick up new terminology than it is for players.  Terminology is sort of a portable thing. Generally, in my experience, you’re turning over some of your terminology every year because you don’t want to sit with the same system and same terminology.  Tom Brady has heard some of the same calls on the field. You want to stay fresh and change some things from year to year even if the coordinator was the same.  Some of your system is going to change.

<p style="font-size:16px;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;">“We’ve worked to try to have some continuity, particularly with some of the terminology, some of the schemes. I wouldn’t want to put a percentage on it, but that has been on our radar. Right now, we have a very big playbook.  By the end of training camp that will be pared down to the things we’re good at, the things that we can execute, the things that fit our personnel.”

Quote:Schwartz seemed to be pretty flexible when he signed on in Buffalo last year. This is from an article last June.
I don't mind if the terminology changes. I just want a scheme that doesn't involve leaving Cyprien in single-high coverage.

Just got an ESPN alert for this. Got all excited when I thought it was an alert for hiring him... it was just about the interview
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Just got an ESPN alert for this. Got all excited when I thought it was an alert for hiring him... it was just about the interview

Why was there an ESPN alert about it? NFL.com never reported who possible candidates for the DC job are.

Quote:Why was there an ESPN alert about it? NFL.com never reported who possible candidates for the DC job are.

I have the app on my phone to alert me whenever there is a Jags related story posted and DiRocco just posted his ESPN article about it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Why was there an ESPN alert about it? NFL.com never reported who possible candidates for the DC job are.

You know so that you can get information you want.  NFL.com has their "insiders" and ESPN has theirs.  Sad to hear over the weekend that Mort is fighting cancer Sad

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

ESPN and NFL Network are owned by different companies and employ different reporters who report on different things.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 05:31 PM by Mowerguy.)

Weird, I saw it on RotoWorld this morning and its gone now.

and a footnote from roto world - FWIW - mularkey is going to call his own plays.

edit#2 - searched turned it up - http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8345/jim-schwartz

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Weird, I saw it on RotoWorld this morning and its gone now.

and a footnote from roto world - FWIW - mularkey is going to call his own plays.

Tennessee should be prepared to run plenty of 3 TE sets.

Quote:Schwartz runs a somewhat different defense than Gus--i.e., he uses two pass-rushing ends instead of a pseudo 3-4 front. Wonder if Dave might be using some of his influence to encourage Gus to at least look outside the Gus Box for candidates.

Caldwell Wes very clear last week that he defers to Gus on hiring coaches. There's no reason to believe he's lying about that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Eagles might be able to entice him with the assistant HC position.

Well, Schwartz is on his way to philly....checking it all out I guess.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8345/jim-schwartz

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Eh, we didn't need a good DC anyway.

Maybe Schwartz couldn't see himself succeeding with the personnel on defense.

Why does it matter?