Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting in San Bernardino, California

Quote:Like I've said before, in some sick way it's a good thing that the killers snapped when they did and attacked a Christmas party instead of killing hundreds by blowing up a van in a mall parking lot.

Kind of speculatory at this point.  They could have snapped or they could have been planning to attack this place all along.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Kind of speculatory at this point.  They could have snapped or they could have been planning to attack this place all along.
If attacking this party was their plan all along, why leave their pipe bombs at home?

Quote:If attacking this party was their plan all along, why leave their pipe bombs at home?

I don't know.  Again, I would be speculating.  I will say that a couple bags full of pipe bombs, 2 hand guns, 2 long arms, and all the accompanying ammunition would be very burdensome to carry, especially for a woman.  Maybe they were planning on going on a terrorist attack spree?  Maybe they saved them for a battle with the police?  Lots of reasons, but no answers.

Quote:If attacking this party was their plan all along, why leave their pipe bombs at home?

They brought some with them I thought. I mean I guess you can't expect them to carry all their pipe bombs with them.

They did bring pipe bombs. They just didnt detonate. The picture is becoming cleae that they had multiple targets. Also its believed that the woman pledged her allegiance to the islamic state.

Quote:Shirley you jest.
Not joking.  That's how those 2 met.

Quote:So... the latest.

Tasheen Malik, the female shooter, had allegedly pledged loyalty to ISIS the day of the shooting.  The couple destroyed all of their electronics before the attack.  And the argument that Syed Farook had with his coworker?  Apparently the coworker was arguing that Islam isn't dangerous which didn't sit well with Syed.

She was thoroughly vetted by Homeland Security before she was allowed into the US.

It's not bad government, it's just government.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:She was thoroughly vetted by Homeland Security before she was allowed into the US.

It's not bad government, it's just government.

DHS is a mess.  It was rolled out in haste and overhauled almost everything.  There's what? Twenty-two agencies under DHS now?  And the Secretary is supposed to somehow oversee all of that?  Jeh Johnson has no clue what he's doing.  He's been a AUSA and somehow that makes him qualified to run 22 different agencies, most of which he probably had never even seen until appointment?  He's a joke and DHS is falling apart even worse under him than Janet Nappy...

Quote:Like I've said before, in some sick way it's a good thing that the killers snapped when they did and attacked a Christmas party instead of killing hundreds by blowing up a van in a mall parking lot.

I don't think they snapped. That was the target all along. They planned to do this at least a day before when they deleted their internet trail.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I do not believe that there is any difference in severity when it comes between bombing a mall or shooting up a Christmas party; the fact is 14 people are dead and our country is traumatized by this attack. 14 years after 9/11, and we still have not found a solution to dealing with radical Islam, or defeated the terrorist groups spreading such ideologies.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 06:54 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:I do not believe that there is any difference in severity when it comes between bombing a mall or shooting up a Christmas party; the fact is 14 people are dead and our country is traumatized by this attack. 14 years after 9/11, and we still have not found a solution to dealing with radical Islam, or defeated the terrorist groups spreading such ideologies.

The ugly truth is that nobody wants to hear what it actually takes to take care of the groups spreading radical Islam.  This will only continue.  The world has gone too PC to end this.

Quote:The ugly truth is that nobody wants to hear what it actually takes to take care of the groups spreading radical Islam.
Kill them. Wherever they are. If they're linked to ISIS in any insignificant way, kill them and let their slaughter be an example to those who would follow in their footsteps.

The simple answer is the fact that they attempted to destroy any digital "fingerprint".  What are they trying to hide?  They didn't just "snap" and do this "spontaneously".  A person doesn't just "snap" and don combat style clothing, gather massive weapons and shoot up a party for no reason.  They also don't have a "bomb factory" in their home.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I do not believe that there is any difference in severity when it comes between bombing a mall or shooting up a Christmas party; the fact is 14 people are dead and our country is traumatized by this attack. 14 years after 9/11, and we still have not found a solution to dealing with radical Islam, or defeated the terrorist groups spreading such ideologies.

This is a very difficult situation and one where politics gets in the way.  We were dealing with radical Islam up to the point of the election of our current President.  Whether people like it or not, getting out of Iraq, drawing down in Afghanistan, closing Gitmo, etc. was not the right thing to do, but our current President ran on that idea and people bought into it.  Eliminating "enhanced interrogation techniques" only cripples our guys and signals weakness to the bad guys.

Those were all bad decisions, and we are now seeing the result.

What is sickening is that the current Administration fails to acknowledge or even admit what the problem is.  They rather try to mask it or "cover it up" purely for political reasons.  The shooting at Fort Hood by a radical Islamic terrorist was labeled a "random act of workplace violence".  This recent event, they "aren't sure" of a motive.  The Attorney General vows to prosecute anyone that uses "Anti-Muslim" speech that "edges toward violence".  Nothing said about finding, rooting out or prosecuting those particular Muslims that might be plotting further attacks.

A strong leader of our country is desperately needed right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:This is a very difficult situation and one where politics gets in the way.  We were dealing with radical Islam up to the point of the election of our current President.  Whether people like it or not, getting out of Iraq, drawing down in Afghanistan, closing Gitmo, etc. was not the right thing to do, but our current President ran on that idea and people bought into it.  Eliminating "enhanced interrogation techniques" only cripples our guys and signals weakness to the bad guys.

What is sickening is that the current Administration fails to acknowledge or even admit what the problem is.  They rather try to mask it or "cover it up" purely for political reasons.  The shooting at Fort Hood by a radical Islamic terrorist was labeled a "random act of workplace violence".  This recent event, they "aren't sure" of a motive.  The Attorney General vows to prosecute anyone that uses "Anti-Muslim" speech that "edges toward violence".  Nothing said about finding, rooting out or prosecuting those particular Muslims that might be plotting further attacks.

Too bad there is not one in the current crop of presidential candidates.  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:This is a very difficult situation and one where politics gets in the way. We were dealing with radical Islam up to the point of the election of our current President. Whether people like it or not, getting out of Iraq, drawing down in Afghanistan, closing Gitmo, etc. was not the right thing to do, but our current President ran on that idea and people bought into it. Eliminating "enhanced interrogation techniques" only cripples our guys and signals weakness to the bad guys.

What is sickening is that the current Administration fails to acknowledge or even admit what the problem is. They rather try to mask it or "cover it up" purely for political reasons. The shooting at Fort Hood by a radical Islamic terrorist was labeled a "random act of workplace violence". This recent event, they "aren't sure" of a motive. The Attorney General vows to prosecute anyone that uses "Anti-Muslim" speech that "edges toward violence". Nothing said about finding, rooting out or prosecuting those particular Muslims that might be plotting further attacks.

I can't seem to find your similarly empassioned post in the PP shooting thread. Weird, something must be wrong with my browser.

Quote:I can't seem to find your similarly empassioned post in the PP shooting thread. Weird, something must be wrong with my browser.

I'm all for advanced interrogation techniques on the organized Christian terrorist cells that are attacking our people by proxy from another country.

Quote:I see. No doubt you are one of those heroes who knows in advance you are gonna get shot at and then takes them down with your handgun against several AK47s. Should join the armed forces being that good a shot.
You make an interesting assertion that I've seen several others make, but consider this; while a rifle is not to be taken lightly, neither is a hand gun. Consider... while an untrained gun owner very well may not survive a 'head to head' encounter against a trained shooter with superior fire power, wouldn't you, if you were that person in that situation, prefer to have a firearm and at least have the option to try to save yourself and your loved ones instead of just cowering down in terror and waiting to be executed?

Also consider that most licensed gun carriers are by requirement of law carrying 'concealed'. This means that in an encounter the concealed carrier may have the element of surprise on his/her side. You have to remember that these low life's that target people in 'safe zones' are essentially cowards; that's why they target those safe zones because they know they won't meet any armed opposition who could stop them.

But since the Port Arthur massacre and gun control regulation (20 years) there has been no gun massacres? So that appears to be a much less likely situation here than in the US for obvious reasons...

There are so many different ways to die, from cancer to auto accident to falling off a ladder, that getting murdered by a terrorist is way down on my list of things to worry about.  

We get all hyped up by a terrorist killing 14 people in California.  Meanwhile, every day, thousands of people die from accidents or diseases.  

The politicians and the media get all hyped up about this, but if you look behind the curtain, all this political hype really has to do with one thing: money.   Divide and conquer.   One side wants redistribution of wealth, and the other side wants to do whatever they want without any regulation by the government.  That's the fundamental issue in this country, and everything else is a sideshow that is used by politicians to get people to vote them into office.   Wedge issues.  Abortion, gun control, etc.   Issues used to manipulate people. 

It's all about the money.