Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do your job

Quote:Yeah, i think it was something behind closed doors. Hopefully he has forgiven him and he gives him his spot back. When McCray came in last night not 1 pass was thrown his way.

That would be my guess as well. Although that fact might be luck based regarding thursdays game. The titans have no reason to fear Mccray despite his amazing season last year. 

Quote:The fact that he struggled in preseason means nothing. The fact that he was given a chance a few weeks ago with first team reps and ended up back on the bottom of the depth chart means nothing.

It must be the mean ole coaches just picking on poor wittle McCray.

So did Joeckel and he got better as the season started and went on. A chance in practice? Pssh. Doesn't mean crap if that same player lights it up on gameday which Mccray seemingly has done when hes gone in. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That would be my guess as well. Although that fact might be luck based regarding thursdays game. The titans have no reason to fear Mccray despite his amazing season last year. 

So did Joeckel and he got better as the season started and went on. A chance in practice? Pssh. Doesn't mean crap if that same player lights it up on gameday which Mccray seemingly has done when hes gone in. 
Joeckel didn't have multiple players playing better than he was that were in position to take his job. He remained the best option the entire time.

McCray was given a chance a few weeks ago to move up the depth chart and he couldn't take advantage of it.

When you are a late round draft pick you have to earn your playing time and obviously McCray isn't earning his.

McCray on the bench and Yeldon not in the redzone. That's good coaching

Quote:McCray on the bench and Yeldon not in the redzone. That's good coaching
McCray sucked in preseason and and week one and got benched. Would he be better than Gratz is playing right now?  Maybe. Maybe not. 

Yeldon was playing hurt. 

Quote:McCray sucked in preseason and and week one and got benched. Would he be better than Gratz is playing right now?  Maybe. Maybe not. 

Yeldon was playing hurt. 
McCray was coming off an injury the bad preseason game he had.  Most players usually dont play that well their first game back from an injury.  What makes you say he had a bad game week 1?  Cam only had 175 yrds passing and 1 TD in week 1.  The TD was given up by Telvin and the biggest passing play of the game was given up by House on a pass to Ginn.  If you think McCray had a bad game week 1 you might want to watch it again or either your definition of sucks and mine are different.  If McCray sucked in week 1 like you say then Gratz is the worse corner ever.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights

Quote:McCray was coming off an injury the bad preseason game he had.  Most players usually dont play that well their first game back from an injury.  What makes you say he had a bad game week 1?  Cam only had 175 yrds passing and 1 TD in week 1.  The TD was given up by Telvin and the biggest passing play of the game was given up by House on a pass to Ginn.  If you think McCray had a bad game week 1 you might want to watch it again or either your definition of sucks and mine are different.  If McCray sucked in week 1 like you say then Gratz is the worse corner ever.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights
Might have been vs the phins or one of those other early weeks when he was used sparingly on the ouside when Colvin moved in and he got caught out of position a few too many times. I don't remember all the specifics - I just remember him looking like a different guy from last year.  He wasn't giving up huge plays - just getting beat consistently on the basic stuff. 

At this point - I would very much LIKE to see him playing instead of Gratz if only to try to improve the situation.  I'm just a little more confident that there's a good reason he's on the bench than you are. 

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 05:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Might have been vs the phins or one of those other early weeks when he was used sparingly on the ouside when Colvin moved in and he got caught out of position a few too many times. I don't remember all the specifics - I just remember him looking like a different guy from last year.  He wasn't giving up huge plays - just getting beat consistently on the basic stuff. 

At this point - I would very much LIKE to see him playing instead of Gratz if only to try to improve the situation.  I'm just a little more confident that there's a good reason he's on the bench than you are. 
Im confident as well, I just know his play on the field in games wasn't the reason he has been on the bench.  If that was the case then he wouldn't of been out there over Gratz Thurs night the last few drives when the game was on the line and a pass wasn't even thrown his way.

Quote:Im confident as well, I just know his play on the field in games wasn't the reason he has been on the bench.  If that was the case then he wouldn't of been out there over Gratz Thurs night the last few drives when the game was on the line and a pass wasn't even thrown his way.
Interesting.  I just started watching the game a few minutes ago. I had to listen on radio while driving.  Must be some weird dog-house stuff with the staff. 

Quote:Im confident as well, I just know his play on the field in games wasn't the reason he has been on the bench.  If that was the case then he wouldn't of been out there over Gratz Thurs night the last few drives when the game was on the line and a pass wasn't even thrown his way.
Just watched.  Glad he was in there, but Mariota did throw his way.  Twice.  Both of them first down conversions. 

Quote:Just watched. Glad he was in there, but Mariota did throw his way. Twice. Both of them first down conversions.
the last drive?

Quote:the last drive?
Yes.

Quote:Just watched. Glad he was in there, but Mariota did throw his way. Twice. Both of them first down conversions.
wish i saved the game. Would like to go back and watch also.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 06:37 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Yes.
was it where they were playing over and giving them the inside to run time off? Or how did he get beat?

And why was McCray in there when yhe game is on the line if Gratz is the starter and the better of the 2?

Quote:was it where they were playing over and giving them the inside to run time off? Or how did he get beat?
First reception was actually good outside coverage but the WR just made a good contested  catch on a well thrown ball.

The second one - the receiver extended his route  (Mariota had time) and McCray just didn't stay with him. 

They weren't glaring indictments on McCray - but it doesn't match up with this  fantasy some have that he's a shut down corner either. 

Quote:And why was McCray in there when yhe game is on the line if Gratz is the starter and the better of the 2?
Great question. Smacks of politics in the locker room.

Gratz and McCray both stink

That is what I thought Frailbones, but a lot of it is the lack of pass rush from the DLine & not having a decent FS too...