Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage

Quote:Rollerjag, semi-serious question, how banned would I be if I changed my member title to "The Gay Mafia"? Big Grin

Wouldn't you be The Gay Mafioso? It's kinda arrogant to claim you're the whole movement.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When did black and gay become the same thing?

Let's ask Michael Sam. I have no clue.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Rollerjag, semi-serious question, how banned would I be if I changed my member title to "The Gay Mafia"? Big Grin

The first rule of The Gay Mafia is...

...well, you know the drill.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:...well, you know the drill.
That better not be a euphemism. 

Quote:That better not be a euphemism. 

You, and your big Euro words.

- Bob Marley

Quote:That better not be a euphemism.

Only to half of the gay mafia...the other half wants nothing to do with drilling.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Only to half of the gay mafia...the other half wants nothing to do with drilling.
Are you saying Sarah "Drill, baby, drill" Palin is part of the gay mafia?

Quote:Are you saying Sarah "Drill, baby, drill" Palin is part of the gay mafia?

What she does is her business! I'm not judging!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Are you saying Sarah "Drill, baby, drill" Palin is part of the gay mafia?
That depends. Does she support fracking?

Quote:And two dudes getting married sets a good example? What do I tell my 5-year old when we are out and about and he asks me why two men are holding hands, kissing and walking with each other?

That type of talk is probably easier than you think.
;

;

I've never even seen a gay couple holding hands and kissing in public, most gay people I know are pretty private about their affection.

Now on tv and movies that where your kids going to be exposed to it.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That type of talk is probably easier than you think.

Agreed. Kids don't have years of preconception instilled in their minds yet.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I've never even seen a gay couple holding hands and kissing in public, most gay people I know are pretty private about their affection.

I'd have to agree but with this ruling we all know that it is going to become more common. I wouldn't be surprised if being gay became a "cool" trend for young people.

Quote:I'd have to agree but with this ruling we all know that it is going to become more common. I wouldn't be surprised if being gay became a "cool" trend for young people.

That was already going on the only thing this ruling changed is the precedent that he state dictates whom you can enter a union with. If anything religious folk should be weary of the state attempting to regulate a religious or private union. Just because it's legal doesn't mean people that disagree with have to accept it or recognize it. If you give the state the power to dictate who you can marry that's more dangerous then anything.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'd have to agree but with this ruling we all know that it is going to become more common. I wouldn't be surprised if being gay became a "cool" trend for young people.

Yes, because we all know people can't hold hands unless they're married.   Rolleyes 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Being gay will never be a "trend". Being "metrosexual", however...

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2015, 01:28 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:I've never even seen a gay couple holding hands and kissing in public, most gay people I know are pretty private about their affection.

"Gays" shouldn't have to feel any different than straight people in public.  Kids aren't stupid.  You can either have that discussion up front or they will ask you about it.  Just like anything else once they learn "new" things.  To me, it is important to teach your kids to be independent thinkers even if it means they disagree with you.  Certainly you'll have certain foundations that you teach them, but I think we are way behind as a species because we tend to be stuck in our ways.  I personally encourage my two crazy boys to look at both sides of an argument and put their feet in someone else's shoes.  It is amazing how your perspective changes.  I don't want my kids to believe in what I believe just because I believe it.  They need to do their own critical thinking and come to their own conclusions.  To me, that is progress.

Maybe you guys don't know any teenagers? Being gay is already too normative, they've moved on to odder things.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:"Gays" shouldn't have to feel any different than straight people in public. Kids aren't stupid. You can either have that discussion up front or they will ask you about it. Just like anything else once they learn "new" things. To me, it is important to teach your kids to be independent thinkers even if it means they disagree with you. Certainly you'll have certain foundations that you teach them, but I think we are way behind as a species because we tend to be stuck in our ways. I personally encourage my two crazy boys to look at both sides of an argument and put their feet in someone else's shoes. It is amazing how your perspective changes. I don't want my kids to believe in what I believe just because I believe it. They need to do their own critical thinking and come to their own conclusions. To me, that is progress.

You have kids?

Quote:"Gays" shouldn't have to feel any different than straight people in public. Kids aren't stupid. You can either have that discussion up front or they will ask you about it. Just like anything else once they learn "new" things. To me, it is important to teach your kids to be independent thinkers even if it means they disagree with you. Certainly you'll have certain foundations that you teach them, but I think we are way behind as a species because we tend to be stuck in our ways. I personally encourage my two crazy boys to look at both sides of an argument and put their feet in someone else's shoes. It is amazing how your perspective changes. I don't want my kids to believe in what I believe just because I believe it. They need to do their own critical thinking and come to their own conclusions. To me, that is progress.

You have kids? :-)