Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Multiple teams wanted to trade up for Fowler

Quote:I think you missed the point of my post. JJ Watt was not that when he was a walk on in college. He worked to get to were he is. That guy has a motor that doesn't stop and desire that won't fade. Those are traits that you can't measure. That is why he is who he is. Some people have the ability (Moss) then some people have the ethic (Watt).

I think kyjaggys point is that watt had both. The freak athletic traits and the excellent work ethic. That's why he's on a first ballot HOF trajectory.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

always good to hear

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-greatness

This draft makes me appreciate bortles that much more
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:always good to hear

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490984/article/dante-fowler-jr-among-rookies-on-road-to-greatness'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000490984/article/dante-fowler-jr-among-rookies-on-road-to-greatness</a>

Thanks for the link. Nice to see that 2 of the 7 rookies that were highlighted and predicted for greatness are Jaguars.

Quote:This draft makes me appreciate bortles that much more

Why do you say that's?

Quote:Why do you say that's?

the lack of talent at the top. lack of qbs too. 

on top of that you look at whats projected to next season and it doesnt look great. think about last year, people were projecting hundley as a first rounder too, among a couple other possibilities and in the end it was even weaker. 

say we took khalil mack last year, a definite need, a really good leo prospect, we miss out on bortles for sure. 

then this season, we miss on winston or mariota. we would be in serious trouble. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:the lack of talent at the top. lack of qbs too.

on top of that you look at whats projected to next season and it doesnt look great. think about last year, people were projecting hundley as a first rounder too, among a couple other possibilities and in the end it was even weaker.

say we took khalil mack last year, a definite need, a really good leo prospect, we miss out on bortles for sure.

then this season, we miss on winston or mariota. we would be in serious trouble.

That being said, Henne would have locked up #1 overall for us
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:That being said, Henne would have locked up #1 overall for us

he didnt the season before....

Quote:Jared allen

Awful numbers. Terrific player.

Top 5 or Top 10 draft pick?

Quote:Top 5 or Top 10 draft pick?

i didnt post the stats. i just answered the question. i dont know why youre questioning me here...

Who do you feel will make more of an impact in his rookie year at his position, Yeldon at HB or Fowler Jr at LEO (based on stats)?

Quote:i didnt post the stats. i just answered the question. i dont know why youre questioning me here...

A top 3 pick is a lot different than a late rounder pans out.

Not specifically aiming at you...just saying that most people would prefer the better production and better numbers over some lesser number player.

We can all point out flashy number and production guys that failed and crap number guys that are stars but I'd bet the hit rate on the better number guys is a lot higher than the Jared Allen number people.

Quote:Who do you feel will make more of an impact in his rookie year at his position, Yeldon at HB or Fowler Jr at LEO (based on stats)?

Better be Fowler

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:A top 3 pick is a lot different than a late rounder pans out.

Not specifically aiming at you...just saying that most people would prefer the better production and better numbers over some lesser number player.

We can all point out flashy number and production guys that failed and crap number guys that are stars but I'd bet the hit rate on the better number guys is a lot higher than the Jared Allen number people.

im not really sure that it is. you can find examples that go both ways. 

i think the point he was trying to make was that allen maybe went late because of his numbers but if you knew then what you know now, he would certainly be worthy of the number 3 overall pick. 

Quote:Better be Fowler
I guess not now, it has to be Yeldon...

Confusedweat:

Quote:I think kyjaggys point is that watt had both. The freak athletic traits and the excellent work ethic. That's why he's on a first ballot HOF trajectory.

The scout's really showed some of the white-man bias when describing JJ Watt during that year's draft class.  The words they kept using were "high motor" and "good football IQ."  Even Wade Smith mentioned it during his intro video to the Texans saying something to the effect of "This guy has a whole lot more to him than just a high motor, look at his hands their Huge!"  I remember Texans fans looking up his combine stats, and they compared very similarly to Mario Williams.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2015, 09:33 AM by DewtheMathis.)

To me JJ Watt is a typical Hall of Fame guy in that he is a gifted player that his skills alone would allow him to make the ProBowl each year but his ability to play at a high level at even other positions on the line or even as a TE on Offense makes him a HOF player (soon to be) that people will remember for many years (will probably be considered a legend HOF if he continues to play each year like last year).

My point is to compare a rookie who hasnt proved anything in the NFL to him is really a joke.  Their may never be another JJ Watt in the NFL.