Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell Presser at 11 am Gus presser at 1 pm

Quote:I think he's more worried about keeping his job after two losing seasons.  He cant say we didnt expect to be this bad, and he cant say that he didnt think Free Agency had any talent if he missed on FA opportunities.  He has to worry about his responses questioning the owners handling of the GM whom is running his business.

I thought he handled the press well, with the exception of misunderstanding the question about JT Thomas (maybe he was biding time on answering it)

I don't see a man worried about keeping his job after two losing seasons.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When I think of leaders (especially at the WR position) I think of players like Chris Carter, that guy was constantly in the ear of younger receivers, teaching them the nuances of the position. Cecil doesn't have that kind of swagger/bravado in him.

I see Cecil constantly encouraging guys after plays, be it congratulatory or trying to pick them up. He has also taken younger players (Mike Brown) with him to work out in the off-season. I have zero problem with how Shorts handled himself off the field. It's the on the field that leaves to be desired.

Quote:When I think of leaders (especially at the WR position) I think of players like Chris Carter, that guy was constantly in the ear of younger receivers, teaching them the nuances of the position. Cecil doesn't have that kind of swagger/bravado in him.

Well, in his defense, it's not like he was this seasoned, successful veteran compared to them. He'd only had a couple of seasons in the league prior to them entering unlike Carter when Moss came in. Besides, all Carter had to do was catch the TD passes that Reed and Smith set up for him, so he had the time to run off at the mouth to the young buck receivers. Tongue

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 01:43 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:While Shorts underperformed, I don't think you can question his leadership. If anything, that is the one positive that he brought to that unit.

We obviously don’t know what goes on behind closed doors, but to me there are two types of leaders. People that lead by example letting their production do the talking, and people that aren't intimidated to get up in front of a crowd demanding respect, Cecil doesn’t fit the bill with any of those descriptions. Telvin Smith is a leader, Red Bryant is a leader. If David Caldwell thought CSII was worth keeping around for his leadership skills, they would’ve made a more concerted effort to resign him, because his production is surely lacking.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg] <b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span> <span>@ryanohalloran </span> </span> </a>  ·  <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/549983192883941377' title="9:39 AM - 30 Dec 2014"> <span>1m 1 minute ago </a> </span>
</div>
<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> fire Jedd Fisch.

Quote:I see Cecil constantly encouraging guys after plays, be it congratulatory or trying to pick them up. He has also taken younger players (Mike Brown) with him to work out in the off-season. I have zero problem with how Shorts handled himself off the field. It's the on the field that leaves to be desired.

I don't have a problem with how he handled himself off the field, I just don't see CSIII being a leader of men.

Quote: 

<div>
<div>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_normal.jpeg]<b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> @ryanohalloran  ·  1m 1 minute ago
</div>
#<b>Jaguars</b> fire Jedd Fisch.

</div>

Gotta say. You could get the sense in the Caldwell presser that they were not happy there.

;

;

Quote:O'hallaron is a hack

You, on the other hand ...

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Gus says he and Jedd had philosophical differences.

Quote:Gus says he and Jedd had philosophical differences.
Hmm..

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Says do not foresee other offensive staff changes.

Wait and see on that.

No timetable for a replacement.

Previous experience would be a great quality to have but not a requirement

;

;

Relationship between Bortles and Fisch was not an issue.

Sounds like just differences in philosophy, which is interesting considering he was his guy.

;

;

Quote:Gus says he and Jedd had philosophical differences.

Gus wanted to actually move the ball downfield I assume.

http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Gus presser now

Ryan O mentioned Trestman. Gus said he knows Trestman and likes him but has not thought about it.

;

;

hinted at Blake not developing enough in Jedd's system

but i was the crazy one

What is with this audio? 

Gus wants a fast offense.

;

;

states that the offense wasn't going at the speed that it needed to be