Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Finally some sanity returning to the military

Quote:Enthusiasm for Gen. Mathis was expressed in my recent conversation with my nephew, an officer in the Navy. His only complaint with President Obama, and he said that of most of those with whom he serves, was the push for political correctness, especially the push to get more women in combat roles. He has no problem serving with women, but only in roles for which they meet all the qualifications, including physical. He expects Gen. Mathis to reverse much of what has been the current policy in this regard.

Your nephew is a smart man.  It goes farther than just women serving in certain roles.  The need to cater to "transgenders" needs to go as well.  If you're a male when you take the oath then you're a male while serving.  The same goes if you're a female.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your respect for the 1,000,000 LGBT veterans is overwhelming.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Your nephew is a smart man.  It goes farther than just women serving in certain roles.  The need to cater to "transgenders" needs to go as well.  If you're a male when you take the oath then you're a male while serving.  The same goes if you're a female.

Meh, does it really matter? You constantly criticize "liberals" for making a big deal of inconsequential issues, as long as they are a lean, mean fighting machine it doesn't matter what bathroom they use.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The homophobia here is disgusting.

I served with a couple homosexuals when I was in the army.  They were skilled at their jobs and it was never an issue.  I also served with female medics and some other jobs interacted with my all male job.  Only problem with serving with woman is they had much easier physical fitness tests to be successful and often times could not physically do certain jobs.  An example is dragging a body out of a kill zone, which is practiced in the combat lifesaver course.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Meh, does it really matter? You constantly criticize "liberals" for making a big deal of inconsequential issues, as long as they are a lean, mean fighting machine it doesn't matter what bathroom they use.
There in lies the rub.  As long as they are part of the well oiled machine of lean, mean, fighting machine it does not matter.  If however special concessions are made to accommodate them then that is an issue.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Enthusiasm for Gen. Mathis was expressed in my recent conversation with my nephew, an officer in the Navy. His only complaint with President Obama, and he said that of most of those with whom he serves, was the push for political correctness, especially the push to get more women in combat roles. He has no problem serving with women, but only in roles for which they meet all the qualifications, including physical. He expects Gen. Mathis to reverse much of what has been the current policy in this regard.
This is how a lot of active duty feels, and veterans for that matter. The military, whose sole purpose in life is to train troops for readiness and combat effectiveness, is not the place for PC, women trying to be who they're not mentally and physically qualified to be with extreme rare exception (and I say this being one of those women who really wanted to be one of the SPEC OP soldiers), and social experiments. It totally degrades the purpose of the military. 

Quote:The homophobia here is disgusting.
I don't think you understand the actual meaning of the word you are using because I don't believe a single person here is afraid of homosexuals.

I served with gays and lesbians and I didn't care because they didn't make it a big deal. They didn't demand special treatment or any such thing. They just wanted to be treated and respected as a Soldier. But this was back in the early 90's when Clinton had just passed DADT. I don't know that it had an impact on how they acted, but back then people weren't so demanding of special privileges or feeling they MUST be able to act, dress and behave however they want without considering anyone else. People nowadays believe they have all these rights when in fact they don't when they decide to go into the military. 

The single best thing for deployed military is that those ridiculous rules of engagement will be repealed immediately. Limiting the ability of a deployed US soldier to defend one's self is criminal. 

The military is ECSTATIC that a new commander in chief will be here in a week. Write it in stone. They HATE obummer. 

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The single best thing for deployed military is that those ridiculous rules of engagement will be repealed immediately. Limiting the ability of a deployed US soldier to defend one's self is criminal. 

The military is ECSTATIC that a new commander in chief will be here in a week. Write it in stone. They HATE obummer. 

That's true regarding vets and senior personnel that have been in the military for a while.  All the young kids coming though nowadays only know odumba's policies.  I suspect that it's going to change soon.

I would love for them to bring back the Chief initiation and have REAL Navy Chiefs.

I would love for them to bring back the REAL shellback ceremony and have REAL shellbacks.

The so-called "hazing" that takes place in these ceremonies actually is a teaching tool not only for Navy life, but life in general.  The Chief's initiation teaches humility.  I've personally had guys that went through the initiation process come to me and thank me for being such a prick when they were my supervisor.  In the end, they realized that I was actually taking care of them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:  In the end, they realized that I was actually taking care of them.
Something most who have never served will never understand. 

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017, 03:09 AM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:My father and grandfather are both immigrants who served and were some of the most patriotic people I have ever known. My father volunteered for Vietnam even though his immigration status made him exempt.

Don't act like Obama is the only president to disrespect returning vets. It's moronic drivel. It's been a decades long issue.

Mattis is a war pig who invites conflict ("I like brawling."). Trump is a draft dodger who acts like a tough guy, but has skin thinner than a Durex Sensi-Thin condom. The two of them will have us in an avoidable conflict before we know it.
Knowing someone who was patriotic doesn't make you any more patriotic. What do you gain from mentioning that here?

Also, Mattis is opposed to conflict but able and willing to engage when necessary. Hes exactly the person that position was made for. He's a warrior. He's a killer. He's not a normal person. He's what he's had to be and that doesn't make him psychotic.

Quote:Knowing someone who was patriotic doesn't make you any more patriotic. What do you gain from mentioning that here?

Also, Mattis is opposed to conflict but able and willing to engage when necessary. Hes exactly the person that position was made for. He's a warrior. He's a killer. He's not a normal person. He's what he's had to be and that doesn't make him psychotic.

Calling killing people fun/"a hoot" = most definitely NOT psychotic.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Calling killing people fun/"a hoot" = most definitely NOT psychotic.
Darn right, tex.  Enjoying one's profession a good thing.  He's a soldier (or was at the time), and killing the enemy is one of the things soldiers are  supposed to do.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.