Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles: "Olsen and House had different beliefs."

Quote:Red flag ignored that he was OC for one of the worst offenses in the league the prior yr in Oakland.
His protege John Defillipo was the OC for the Browns for a year. Terrible schemes and the run game was a disaster.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well. At some point the excuses have to go away and wins have to start being produced out on the football field. So now that we know he had two separated shoulders and a jacked up wrist. And now that we know this entire team is essentially throwing all of the previous coaches under the bus. What will be the excuse in 2017 when these issues start cropping up again?

That's ultimately what matters. If Mike Smith comes in and hires, let's say, Greg Roman as his offensive coordinator. Or, let's say Kyle Shanahan comes in and he's calling the offense on his own like Gase in Miami or Payton in New Orleans. What is a reasonable and acceptable timeline for wins with this offense? 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Did Larry bird say I need to go see my shooting coach this off season.,nope, shooting a basketball just came natural.
Larry Bird was also one of the all time greats. Not every player is an all time great. If your only going to accept an all time great as our QB get ready for a long wait.

Teams are lucky if they get a Matt Stafford.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:Luck? Luck??? That dude sucks! If he didn't succeed Peyton we aren't talking about him.
He does not!  If the Colts don't have Luck, they don't win as many games as us.  Their roster is trash.  Anyone who refuses to see that Luck was a generational talent coming out of college is delusional.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:He does not!  If the Colts don't have Luck, they don't win as many games as us.  Their roster is [NO SYNONYM?].  Anyone who refuses to see that Luck was a generational talent coming out of college is delusional.
The filter excludes the word t.r.a.s.h.?  Really?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Larry Bird was also one of the all time greats. Not every player is an all time great. If your only going to accept an all time great as our QB get ready for a long wait.

Teams are lucky if they get a Matt Stafford.

Hahaha you're comparing Blake to Larry Bird?! Bird was one of a kind. No one will even touch shooting like Bird did.

Let use Brady, an all time great QB. Surely he doesn't need to work on mechanics in the off-season. Oh wait... That's right, he goes to the same place Blake is going.

"Over the years, I was a little inefficient and I learned how to get away with it. I've been working with Tom House on what's called ground-force production... Kinetic sequencing, getting the power from the ground, which translates from the ground to your legs, to your hips, to the shoulder, and all the energy is going toward the target. I've always had confidence throwing the football, but you have to stay on top of it. That's going to be a never-ending quest for me. But right now, I am more confident than ever."

Brady's testimonial from the 3dQB website.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:The filter excludes the word t.r.a.s.h.? Really?
Now that's ridiculous. Hell Walmart sells a "trash" can.

But I can start a sentence with that....
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Well. At some point the excuses have to go away and wins have to start being produced out on the football field. So now that we know he had two separated shoulders and a jacked up wrist. And now that we know this entire team is essentially throwing all of the previous coaches under the bus. What will be the excuse in 2017 when these issues start cropping up again?

That's ultimately what matters. If Mike Smith comes in and hires, let's say, Greg Roman as his offensive coordinator. Or, let's say Kyle Shanahan comes in and he's calling the offense on his own like Gase in Miami or Payton in New Orleans. What is a reasonable and acceptable timeline for wins with this offense? 
Immediately.

The expectation this season was winning. Greatly underachieved there. New coach will be given plenty of time... but this roster should be expected to win quickly. If they can't, then you have to look at personnel over coaching.

Quote:Hahaha you're comparing Blake to Larry Bird?! Bird was one of a kind. No one will even touch shooting like Bird did.

Let use Brady, an all time great QB. Surely he doesn't need to work on mechanics in the off-season. Oh wait... That's right, he goes to the same place Blake is going.

"Over the years, I was a little inefficient and I learned how to get away with it. I've been working with Tom House on what's called ground-force production... Kinetic sequencing, getting the power from the ground, which translates from the ground to your legs, to your hips, to the shoulder, and all the energy is going toward the target. I've always had confidence throwing the football, but you have to stay on top of it. That's going to be a never-ending quest for me. But right now, I am more confident than ever."

Brady's testimonial from the 3dQB website.

Did you mean to quote me? Because I agree with you and used the same argument about Bird to Jagsfan who made the comment about bird.

Quote:Now that's ridiculous. Hell Walmart sells a "[NO SYNONYM?]" can.

But I can start a sentence with that....

Its because of Jarrad's overuse of the word.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles to spend 10 weeks in California at 3DQB this offseason: 

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...his-season

Quote:Did you mean to quote me? Because I agree with you and used the same argument about Bird to Jagsfan who made the comment about bird.

My bad. I meant to quote the Jagsfan one you were replying to.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles just isn't a natural QB (I do appreciate his honesty though, very informative). Not saying he can't turn it around but he'll have to do this every offseason to play at an average-good level.

Quote:My bad. I meant to quote the Jagsfan one you were replying to.

It's cool thanks for clarifying.

Quote:Did Larry bird say I need to go see my shooting coach this off season.,nope, shooting a basketball just came natural.
If you really believe that then I've lost any hope for you at all. So I guess Larry bird just went out there and did his thing and never practiced his craft at all! Show me one athlete in this world that has never ever gone and fine-tuned their craft. I'll wait.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:He does not! If the Colts don't have Luck, they don't win as many games as us. Their roster is [NO SYNONYM?]. Anyone who refuses to see that Luck was a generational talent coming out of college is delusional.
He's overrated. If he's a generational talent, why hasn't he shown it? A lot of his games are "come from behind chucking the ball downfield because they have too" to catch up. We will agree to disagree tho.

Quote:Its because of Jarrad's overuse of the word.
We overuse "the, and, of, or, and it" as well. Why not censor those too mods?

Quote:I don't want to re-do the "players, not plays" thing, but Olson knows football, knows offense. This isn't rocket science. 2015 looked pretty good.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out and separating blame among players and coaches is real hard to do. Olson was offered up to the football gods and it's time to move on.

There's no doubt in my mind that Olsen knows football. But that's not what's most important. What is most important is what you can get the players to do on the field on gameday. You could be the master of every football scheme known to man, but if you can't get the players to pull it off, then what value do you add?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Bortles to spend 10 weeks in California at 3DQB this offseason:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20619/jaguars-qb-blake-bortles-hard-to-look-guys-in-the-eye-this-season'>http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/20619/jaguars-qb-blake-bortles-hard-to-look-guys-in-the-eye-this-season</a>

This entire article pretty muchill summarizes why I want this kid to succeed. I never get the sense that anything he says is disingenuous and on a personal level, that's a big deal to me as a fan.

It doesn't trump results however. The time for talk is at an end. It's time for Blake to show us that he can get it done consistently.

I, for one, really hope he can figure it out and bounce back in a big way next season.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:He's overrated. If he's a generational talent, why hasn't he shown it? A lot of his games are "come from behind chucking the ball downfield because they have too" to catch up. We will agree to disagree tho.

Lol, so because he has to do it all for his crappy team to win means he's bad? Interesting perspective.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato