Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA Finals

Quote:Right, the Pacers teams I'm referring too are the dominant sort in that window. A bit insane that you shake a stick at 6 years of title contention in favor of a one year wonder in a cesspool of a conference.

It's more insane that you consider Indiana to be a one hit wonder right now. Last year, Indiana took Miami to 7 last season and Miami went on to win the NBA Championship. The Pacers have been good the past two seasons. "One year wonder".........

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This years Pacers are lucky they didn't get bounced by ATlanta. Atlanta had that game 7 late in the 4th, and blew it.

Hilarious that he wants to up this trash squad in an attempt to discredit Jordan.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:It's more insane that you consider Indiana to be a one hit wonder right now. Last year, Indiana took Miami to 7 last season and Miami went on to win the NBA Championship. The Pacers have been good the past two seasons. "One year wonder".........

Sorry, but the Pacers are trash, they fell off hard after last season. I'm also not that impressed with the Heats' run. They lost to a Dallas team that they shouldn't have, beat an OKC team that wasn't much better than terrible in the finals, got as lucky as a team has ever gotten to win last year and get blown out worse than any team in the history of the finals the year after. If the Heat team now played in the 90's they would not have reached a single finals.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:No way you can win this one.

Reggie Miller/Mark Jackson/Chris Mullin/Rik Smits/Jalen Rose >>>>>>> Current Thunder/Pacers

You mean the same core of the Pacers that failed to make the Playoffs in 1996/1997?

I think that Hill / Stephenson / George / West / Hibbert compare to that 5. Depth is another issue.

Quote:Hilarious that he wants to up this trash squad in an attempt to discredit Jordan.

I do not care to discredit Jordan. Why would I? I think he is easily one of the 3 best players to ever play the game and gun to my head, he's my #1 player of all time.

Quote:You mean the same core of the Pacers that failed to make the Playoffs in 1996/1997?

I think that Hill / Stephenson / George / West / Hibbert compare to that 5. Depth is another issue.

Nice try but they didn't add Mullin until that season and that is when the team really took off

Quote:Sorry, but the Pacers are trash, they fell off hard after last season. I'm also not that impressed with the Heats' run. They lost to a Dallas team that they shouldn't have, beat an OKC team that wasn't much better than terrible in the finals, got as lucky as a team has ever gotten to win last year and get blown out worse than any team in the history of the finals the year after. If the Heat team now played in the 90's they would not have reached a single finals.

Nostalgia. Is. Blinding.

Quote:Sorry, but the Pacers are trash, they fell off hard after last season. I'm also not that impressed with the Heats' run. They lost to a Dallas team that they shouldn't have, beat an OKC team that wasn't much better than terrible in the finals, got as lucky as a team has ever gotten to win last year and get blown out worse than any team in the history of the finals the year after. If the Heat team now played in the 90's they would not have reached a single finals.

but, but TEH LEBRONZZZ!!!

Quote:Nice try but they didn't add Mullin until that season and that is when the team really took off

1. Jackson, Miller, McKey, Davis and Smits fail to make the playoffs.

2. Pacers add Mullin, lose McKey.

3. The Pacers are now one of the best teams of all time and easily better than any team playing today!

Nostalgia. Is. Blinding.

Quote:but, but TEH LEBRONZZZ!!!

Did you miss the part where I said the LeBron fanboys annoy me as much (if not more) than the Jordan fanboys? Neither extremes can look at things objectively. Saying things like "LeBron > Jordan because LeBron didn't have Pippen" is as dumb to me as saying "LeBron turned into a ghost this series".

Quote:Did you miss the part where I said the LeBron fanboys annoy me as much (if not more) than the Jordan fanboys? Neither extremes can look at things objectively. Saying things like "LeBron > Jordan because LeBron didn't have Pippen" is as dumb to me as saying "LeBron turned into a ghost this series".

relax there, guilty conscience....I was speaking in general (about the fanboys) not about you personally. 

Quote:The only people that are going to say that LeBron went ghost in the series are going to be Jordan fanboys. 31 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks last night is wilting and becoming a ghost? Clown comment.

How is it LeBron's fault that Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, and just about every other non-Lebron Heat player looked terrible this series? It isn't and when you try to pretend it is you show your agenda.
It goes waaaaaay beyond stats. Little surprised that you can't see that. No leadership whatsoever. Had the look like he wanted to be anywhere but playing basketball. He's supposed to be the man. He can't let his team fall apart like that

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Trolling or real? Pistons, Ewings Knicks, Reggie's Pacers, Price and the Cavs, Shaq/Penny Magic, Barkleys Suns, Drexels Blazers, Malone/Stockton Jazz, Gary Payton and the Sonics and even Magic's Lakers. The Bulls went up against a great team every single year. Anyone of those teams would easily coast through either conference, losing maybe to the Spurs.
I am hoping trolling too.

;

Quote:I would. 

If not him, who?

Stockton?

maybe Paul down the road?...
Paul?!?!?!?!?? Not a chance

;

Quote:relax there, guilty conscience....I was speaking in general (about the fanboys) not about you personally. 

Well, I'm the only poster in the thread really "defending" LeBron, so it wasn't a faulty assumption that you were referring to me.

Quote:I do not care to discredit Jordan. Why would I? I think he is easily one of the 3 best players to ever play the game and gun to my head, he's my #1 player of all time.
That made me chuckle.

;

I think that Jordan is a top 3 lock and in my opinion the best to play the game. The fact that Jordan fanboys don't even accept that as a logical opinion is the kind of stuff that doesn't sit well with me.

Who is in the talk then. Who is potentially better then Jordan?

;

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 01:33 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Definition of a "Jordan fanboy":

1. Refuses to accept this statement:

I think that Jordan is a top 3 lock and in my opinion the best to play the game.

2. Continues to try to start a LeBron vs Jordan debate with someone who doesn't even think LeBron is better than Jordan.

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 02:29 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Definition of a "Jordan fanboy":

1. Refuses to accept this statement:

I think that Jordan is a top 3 lock and in my opinion the best to play the game.

2. Continues to try to start a LeBron vs Jordan debate with someone who doesn't even think LeBron is better than Jordan.
"Jordan Fanboy", that is cute.

Now, why can't you answer the question I posed? There is no maybe, or "he's a top 3 lock" talk imo. He's the GOAT, period.

;