Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jersey Mike's Subs, Good Eats!

Quote:Best subs I've ever had was at Angies at the beaches.. Ungodly and unrivaled..
we use to go to angies when my boys played baseball at the beach. now they are grown and its been years.. I remember they were very good though

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who here remembers the Community Grocery on Phillips Hwy in the early to mid 90s?  It was about 1/4 mile north of JTB.  They made the best ham and cheese sandwiches around.  And what was weird was it was on regular sandwich bread.  But I could not duplicate the taste to save my life.
I remember them ! an old mom and pop shop. they were fat and cheap and the line went out the door.

one of the best philly cheesesteaks I ever had was at shea stadium. oddly enough the mets were playing the phillys

Firehouse is hit or miss.  I used to work by the one on Baymeadows just west of 95.  their meatball subs were amazing.  however the meatball subs at the one by the beach near the end of Butler were awful... werent cooked long enough.  There is a firehouse near me in atlanta that is pretty solid.  I like the firehouse sauce.

subway is perfectly acceptable and I never feel gross after eating there.  but i dont go out of my way to eat there... although ironically i had subway for lunch today.

never had a good experience at Larrys.  Used to go to the one on Southside in tinseltown.  never good.

there was a jersey mikes across the street from me in nashville when I used to live there.  It was good but never liked it as much as I did Firehouse.  And I dont like their italian sub as much as I like Jimmy Johns'.  

Jimmy Johns is good.  But nothing great.  although i like ordering it and having it done before ive finished paying my bill.  im impatient as a mofo.  I do like their jalapeno chips as well.

Publix chicken tender subs are the greatest thing mankind has ever created.  add some jalapenos and pepper jack cheese.  Give me some sun chips and sweet tea with that.  God bless thats good stuff.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2014, 12:26 AM by rfc17.)

Quote:one of the best philly cheesesteaks I ever had was at shea stadium. oddly enough the mets were playing the phillys

ibjagged!   remember when you and I were the only two on the epsn jags board way back in the late 90s?  cant believe we are still posting on jags message boards 15 years later.  We need lives bro!

speaking of philly cheesesteak, anyone ever go the philly connection on st johns bluff near UNF?  I used to go there religiously.  I loved their subs.  I think i was the only one because I was the only person ever in there.  And sadly last time I was down in Jax a month or so ago I drove by and it looked closed.  bummer.  there is a philly connection near where I live now but its not the same.  the one on st johns had 5 or 6 different flavors of A1 steak sauce as well as a bunch of texas pete.  man I liked their cheesesteaks.  didnt there used to be one in the town center when it first opened?  I seem to remember that.  either town center or tinseltown. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You're correct.  The key is the roll.  The best places get them from a bakery called Borzillo.  I don't know if it's the same place, as this is a eat in, sit down place.  But in Atlantic Beach there is a place called Philly's Finest and those guys are indeed from Philly.

There's another place down in the heart of St. Augustine...can't remember the name...but same type of deal.

Across the street from the Slave Market?  That place is good.  

Did someone say Lubi's!?  Ugh.... maybe its great, like Larrys, but I had a bad experience at the one on Beach.  Got sick.  never been back.

All the Philly Connections closed afaik.

Their's always seemed small to me, good but, small.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:ibjagged!   remember when you and I were the only two on the epsn jags board way back in the late 90s?  cant believe we are still posting on jags message boards 15 years later.  We need lives bro!

speaking of philly cheesesteak, anyone ever go the philly connection on st johns bluff near UNF?  I used to go there religiously.  I loved their subs.  I think i was the only one because I was the only person ever in there.  And sadly last time I was down in Jax a month or so ago I drove by and it looked closed.  bummer.  there is a philly connection near where I live now but its not the same.  the one on st johns had 5 or 6 different flavors of A1 steak sauce as well as a bunch of texas pete.  man I liked their cheesesteaks.  didnt there used to be one in the town center when it first opened?  I seem to remember that.  either town center or tinseltown.
15 years already ? wow, I lived in Portland and you were going to vandy ! now im in the ville and you are in ga. we had a lot of fun talking smack to the titan fans back then. my last son is about to leave the nest and I get my life back ! snowboarding vacations in Colorado, first up is brekinridge !