Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** The Official Congrats to D6 - Best Poster on this Board Thread **

Quote:A lot of [BAD WORD REMOVED] riding in here..

What's it riding?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:LOL Lions win + Packers loss will do it. This is what I found on NFL.com:

What's at stake: The
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/detroitlions/profile?team=DET'>Lions</a> can win their first division title in a quarter century Sunday if they defeat the
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG'>Giants</a> and get a
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB'>Packers</a> loss or tie. They can also tie against the
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG'>Giants</a> and still win the division if the
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB'>Packers</a> and
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN'>Vikings</a> both lose.

In other words,,

a Lions fan (like D6), will definitely want a Packers loss.

As a Packers fan, otherwise, will want a Lions loss.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2016, 05:52 AM by D6.)

Quote:Hey D6, you ever make it to a game at The Sombrero in Tampa? I got to see Barry, Rodney Peete, Herman Moore and a bunch of other good Lions players down there growing up. Got to see Sweetness, The 46, the Magic Man, Favre, and the Viqueens every year too. Saw the K Gun, Joe and Jerry, Marino every preseason and a bunch of others too. Life was good with cheap tickets to see a bad team get whooped.

I never made it to a game at Tampa Stadium or the current Bucs facility,  RJS.   But i have great memories and some not so great memories of Lions-Bucs games that were played in Tampa.   Barry Sanders and Rodney Peete won for the 1st time in the NFL in Tampa in game # 6 in 1989.   It was a similar late type of comeback that Matthew Stafford has engineered this season many times.

Barry had one of this most explosive games in 1997 in Tampa,  with 215 yards.   The Lions playoff game in Tampa that season though was a huge disappointment,  as it was another reinforcement that Scott Mitchell wasn't a solution at QB.   

Herman Moore provided many great overall memories.   Much like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson,   Herman Moore was a humble NFL Superstar,  which contributed greatly to him being one of my favorite NFL Players.  

You definitely saw plenty of very good and even great NFL teams and players growing up in Tampa.   One thing that stood out was the real high # of opposing fans in NFC Central Divisional games.    In some cases,  probably around 50% of the people that attended the games at Tampa Stadium.

Regarding the K Gun,  a year before his illness became public knowledge,  I met Jim Kelly at a charity event.   I can't recall ever meeting someone with a stronger handshake.  Jim Kelly had a prototype QB build.   As an NFL fan,  I got great enjoyment out of watching the Bills Offense and overall team under Marv Levy and led on the field by Kelly. 

The Bears from the mid 1980's were as dominant as any Defensive unit I've ever seen.  

Brett Favre was the closest thing to the NFC Central/ North version of John Elway.   Along with Walter Payton,  they rank for me as the most respected opposing divisional players.  Payton was arguably the most complete RB of my lifetime.   He did everything well and with class.

Quote:I like D6. If I had any complaint, it would be he's too nice. He's a good poster, I think. I'm not 100% sure because I only read 1/3 of his posts. The other 2/3 are replies to MJF and I just scroll past them. Sorry D6.

Thanks.

Even if you got something positive out of one of my posts,  it made it worth my time and effort.

Though I try to treat people with respect,   when it comes to political discussions and related stuff,  you might have a vastly different impression of me if you are on the opposite side of the spectrum.   LOL     There have been some heated battles.

Quote:Does that make me the number one girl mod poster on the board? Banana

Related to what Jaguarmeister mentioned on page 1 of this thread and to what you mentioned:

in the earlier few years I was participating on the Jaguars MB,  people did actually start Message Board Poster of the Year award threads for various categories.   Including overall Poster of the Year,   Female Poster of the Year,   Sideline Poster of the Year,  and Fan of Another Team Poster of the Year.   People would nominate others and then in poll form there would be a vote.   I can't recall if this took place in the early time that you started participating.   

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Related to what Jaguarmeister mentioned on page 1 of this thread and to what you mentioned:

in the earlier few years I was participating on the Jaguars MB,  people did actually start Message Board Poster of the Year award threads for various categories.   Including overall Poster of the Year,   Female Poster of the Year,   Sideline Poster of the Year,  and Fan of Another Team Poster of the Year.   People would nominate others and then in poll form there would be a vote.   I can't recall if this took place in the early time that you started participating.

I don't remember those, must have been before I joined. That's a fabulous idea though!! We should start it up again!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???