Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 07:02 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Ever notice that you can buy Coors Light just about anywhere but good luck finding full flavored Coors..

I remember when Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River. My grandparents lived in Colorado, whenever they came east or we visited them, cases of Coors were transported back east and used for very welcome gifts to friends and relatives. This was full flavored Coors, and my Dad always said it was the best beer one could buy at that time.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 06:55 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Best cheap beer ever.

Can't beat a 18 pack or case of High Life when working on something in the heat though. Stuff goes down like water. Also does double duty as marinade and/or firefighting liquid and steam for grilling. Every time I pour beer on a grill, I think of my old grandpa. Thanks for the life lessons around meat Pops!

Miller High Life, the Champagne of bottled beer. Sparkling, flavorful, distinctive.

My favorite beer when I was young, dumb and full of...beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjlvGAt1CDk

- Bob Marley

Quote:I remember when Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River. My grandparents lived in Colorado, whenever they came east or we visited them, cases of Coors were transported back east and used for very welcome gifts to friends and relatives. This was full flavored Coors, and my Dad always said it was the best beer one could buy at that time.

We used to take up a collection, and send our two most trustworthy drivers.

It just seemed so cool, and then they made ... A Movie about us. That's when we knew we hit the big time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bAhFtSc70BA[/media]

Quote:We used to take up a collection, and send our two most trustworthy drivers.

It just seemed so cool, and then they made ... A Movie about us. That's when we knew we hit the big time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bAhFtSc70BA[/media]

Is that you, riding shotgun?

One more thing about Coors. I remember my grandfather saying everyone he knew in Colorado drank Budweiser as he shook his head over the fascination with Coors back east.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I remember when Coors wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River. My grandparents lived in Colorado, whenever they came east or we visited them, cases of Coors were transported back east and used for very welcome gifts to friends and relatives. This was full flavored Coors, and my Dad always said it was the best beer one could buy at that time.
Cool.  

I bought a six-pack of these re-issue bottles a couple weeks ago. 

[Image: Main-photo_sized3-624x351.jpg]

Quote:Is that you, riding shotgun?

One more thing about Coors. I remember my grandfather saying everyone he knew in Colorado drank Budweiser as he shook his head over the fascination with Coors back east.

I have a Basset Hound that looks just like him.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Love that song

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 10:35 AM by The Drifter.)

Quote:Best cheap beer ever.

Ever think of why Pabst is so inexpensive and great tasting? They don't spend millions of dollars on advertising and but the money in to their beer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQoghzFUT7g

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Is that you, riding shotgun?

IIRC it had something to do with the taxes, and when Smokey & The Bandit came out ... what were they hauling? Coors.

We really did send a couple guys from our neighborhood to St. Louis to pick up cases of Coors from time to time. They would fill the trunk, and then put the rest in the back seat. Wasn't the best way to treat a cars suspension. Nothing makes beer taste sweeter than being illegal beer.

The good 'ol days. Smile