Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you had 1 million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy

Quote:Sounds like a plan, but what are you doing to achieve that million dollars? I ask because that was asked of me back when I was 24 years old after I mentioned what I would do if I had a million dollars. It occurred to me, I wasn't doing a damn thing.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

I dont know if I'll ever make a million but one day id like to go back to the independent shops and buy my own garage. Right now the corporate chains pay me more and the benefits keep me around. But one day id like my own shop. Almost bought out my old employer a few years ago, glad I didn't I still had some learning to do.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:ZR1, Blue 100k

Land - like 5 acres 50k?

I would give some to the church

Keep working, and randomly give some to different people that needed it.

I told my husband if we ever won the lottery in a big way we would buy new comfortable pews for our church. The ones there now have been around since the 70's. I feel like I need a chiropractor after every service. I don't know how much new ones would cost but I know they would be expensive, thus the necessary Big Win.

Quote: I had a dream and a plan once with my ex-husband that included this scenario. Then he cheated on me and some pretty nasty stuff went down and I ended up in a psych hospital for attempted suicide a time or two. That's one reason I left the board back in '07 or '08. I have recovered from it all for the most part, but I am not the same person I was. When your dreams are snuffed out as harshly and as mentally violent as mine were you don't ever think about that dream again. I can answer the question, no problem, but that dream is no longer a goal and I'm okay with that. 
Sorry to hear that. I was in a similar situation and walked out onto the bridge to jump but at the top I just kept walking. Once i reached the other side I realized my crappy situation was on the other side of the bridge. Went into work the next day, quit my job, went back to college, never regretted it. Thirty five years later all is good and life is great. Hang in there, and realize you will be elderly one day and your situation when you arrive there is dependant upon what you do now.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:Sorry to hear that. I was in a similar situation and walked out onto the bridge to jump but at the top I just kept walking. Once i reached the other side I realized my crappy situation was on the other side of the bridge. Went into work the next day, quit my job, went back to college, never regretted it. Thirty five years later all is good and life is great. Hang in there, and realize you will be elderly one day and your situation when you arrive there is dependant upon what you do now.

I am past all of it now. Was even able to forgive him after a period of time. I'm not about to hold all that bitterness inside. Besides, karma ended up taking care of it. The girl he cheated on me with and left me for ended up being bat crap crazy six ways from Sunday and she handed his butt to him on a silver platter in a crazy psycho chick kind of way. I don't wish evil on anyone but he got what he deserved and I didn't have to lift a finger. I'm not a revenge type person anyway. 

Quote:Would spend at least the next 4 years focused on my schooling and then travelling during the summer.

haven't you been in school since 2005 or so ??

Quote:Some gum.

You could live like a King !!

[Image: luxury-chewing-gum-2.jpg]

Quote:haven't you been in school since 2005 or so ??

Lol no.

Quote:Sorry to hear that. I was in a similar situation and walked out onto the bridge to jump but at the top I just kept walking. Once i reached the other side I realized my crappy situation was on the other side of the bridge. Went into work the next day, quit my job, went back to college, never regretted it. Thirty five years later all is good and life is great. Hang in there, and realize you will be elderly one day and your situation when you arrive there is dependant upon what you do now.

I'm rooting for my outcome to be the same. What WERE you doing and what did you end up doing?

Quote:I'm rooting for my outcome to be the same. What WERE you doing and what did you end up doing?
At the time I was a first year college dropout working a union job making good money and establishing myself in life. Buying this, buying that, getting older and getting in debt. Woke up one day and realized where I was headed.

Graduated college with degrees in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, later an MBA, spent 25 years in the corporate world, retired with a company pension. Own my own restaurant and bar for the last 20 years.

As I type this I'm sitting in my recliner at my vacation home on Hilton Head Island. At 23 years old, my love dumped me, and I thought that was the end of the world. It was the beginning.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:At the time I was a first year college dropout working a union job making good money and establishing myself in life. Buying this, buying that, getting older and getting in debt. Woke up one day and realized where I was headed.

Graduated college with degrees in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, later an MBA, spent 25 years in the corporate world, retired with a company pension. Own my own restaurant and bar for the last 20 years.

As I type this I'm sitting in my recliner at my vacation home on Hilton Head Island. At 23 years old, my love dumped me, and I thought that was the end of the world. It was the beginning.

Well done!  

Quote:I told my husband if we ever won the lottery in a big way we would buy new comfortable pews for our church. The ones there now have been around since the 70's. I feel like I need a chiropractor after every service. I don't know how much new ones would cost but I know they would be expensive, thus the necessary Big Win.

Costs a lot less than a million bucks.

[Image: SS617.jpg?lr=t&bw=145&w=145&bh=145&h=145]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 10:50 AM by NH3.)

I'd purchase a money maker such as a beauty salon so that my daughters (liscened cosmetologist, massage therapist and liscened dermatologist) could have their own business later on in life.

You haft to have money in order to make money...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'd buy 10 bottles of taxidermied squirrel beer.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:At the time I was a first year college dropout working a union job making good money and establishing myself in life. Buying this, buying that, getting older and getting in debt. Woke up one day and realized where I was headed.

Well Deserved Chief...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Costs a lot less than a million bucks.

[Image: SS617.jpg?lr=t&bw=145&w=145&bh=145&h=145]

I don't think those would help. Those pews are pretty worn. But it's a good thought.