Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Bills

(01-01-2018, 02:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 02:12 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Show your hand? Do you think there's some strategy they'd use that the titans didn't already see on film?

Your username is fitting you well right now.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4986298]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2018, 02:20 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: Hey guys!!!!
Happy New Year!!!!

Should be a fun week, and an excellent game!!!
I'm not going to lie, the Bills are SUPER lucky to be here.
Watching that Bengals TD on 4th and 12th is one of the craziest things I'e ever seen as a football fan. 
I/we were happy to see we pulled the Jags as there are MANY excellent story lines. Truthfully, the way this team and season have gone it's kinda crazy they got to where they did and it sounds silly, but the 1 thing the Bills have on their side is momentum. New season, 1 week at a time and not looking ahead. Anything can happen and that's the approach. Good luck guys!!! Should be fun!!

Marcel Darius is awesome.

Happy New Year!!!!

Watching that Bengals TD on 4th and 12th is one of the craziest things I'e ever seen as a football fan. 
I/we were happy to see we pulled the Jags as there are MANY excellent story lines. Truthfully, the way this team and season have gone it's kinda crazy they got to where they did and it sounds silly, but the 1 thing the Bills have on their side is momentum. New season, 1 week at a time and not looking ahead. Anything can happen and that's the approach. Good luck guys!!! Should be fun!!

Congratulations to you guys on making the playoffs! I'm sure it's all euphoria up there, right now...

I just hope for a good game, regardless. I'm not sure what to think of the jags after these previous two weeks

(01-01-2018, 09:36 AM)Boltsfan Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 08:59 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Honestly. Probably best case scenario. We get the Bills

Yeah...way to go out and “lay an egg” the past two weeks in order to get the Bills.  

Hope you guys are one and done for the way you manipulated the playoffs.  Jags deserve it

Laughing Laughing Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Happy New Year!!!!

So you have momentum and it’s also a new season and you’re taking it one week at a time? Lol

Your post makes no sense. Congrats on getting in.

I feel like we have no momentum going into the playoffs. We've looked like utter garbage.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018, 04:26 PM by Billsfan1212.)

(01-01-2018, 02:34 PM)Nikowho Wrote:
Happy New Year!!!!

Congratulations to you guys on making the playoffs! I'm sure it's all euphoria up there, right now...

I just hope for a good game, regardless. I'm not sure what to think of the jags after these previous two weeks

(01-01-2018, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Happy New Year!!!!

So you have momentum and it’s also a new season and you’re taking it one week at a time? Lol

Thanks! It's all house $$ at this point, as no one expected it and it took a lot of help to happen. WNY felt like they won the superbowl lol. It's nice to see.
Momentum in that the city has rallied around the team, and it's really something special in that sense. The video of the Bills returning home at 12:45 am to something just short of a parade was really cool to see. There is a connection between the team and city that hasn't happened in eons. 
Now, from another teams fans POV, this may be sad and easy to laugh at. I fully get it. That's what happens when you don't make it into the playoffs in 17 years. 
I don' mean to come off in a way that anyone is really expecting this team to go anywhere or make a splash per se. This year, with this team, playoffs are the accomplishment. By one week at a time, I only mean it's not like we are planning our route to the superbowl or worrying about playing the Pats if they were somehow able to pull an upset. As fans, we are just thrilled the drought has ended and are thankful for the oppertunity to get a week 19. A fresh start so to speak with a team playing with house money and nothing to loose and a community behind them seems to be where it's at with the Bills. The connections and storylines add additional drama to a game that will be viewed as a dud to a degree nationally. The Jags struggle with credit in the media to a degree and the Bills just don' have any in the 1st place - but for these fan bases a 1st rd matchup is pretty cool for both sides. From a Bills POV, the matchup is the best we could hope for from a group of really good teams. The Jags might even be one of the best if not THE best... BUT for the Bills to even have a chance they needed a team that won't throw for 500  and light it up. I think for either of these teams to be successful they need the same style of game to happen. Pound the rock and play stout D. At the very least the Bills have managed to stay in those games and the majority of their wins have arrived from that style of play. I don' expect a win, but hope for a hard fought game from both sides. Hopefully it's a good game that stays interesting until the final qtr.

Good luck gentlemen (and lady)!!!Wink

My biggest take away from this thread is that there's an actual LA Chargers fan who exists. Or you just one of those people getting paid to wear there gear? Or maybe you are Spanos's son?

(01-01-2018, 04:18 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 02:34 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Congratulations to you guys on making the playoffs! I'm sure it's all euphoria up there, right now...

(01-01-2018, 03:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So you have momentum and it’s also a new season and you’re taking it one week at a time? Lol

Thanks! It's all house $$ at this point, as no one expected it and it took a lot of help to happen. WNY felt like they won the superbowl lol. It's nice to see.
Momentum in that the city has rallied around the team, and it's really something special in that sense. The video of the Bills returning home at 12:45 am to something just short of a parade was really cool to see. There is a connection between the team and city that hasn't happened in eons. 
Now, from another teams fans POV, this may be sad and easy to laugh at. I fully get it. That's what happens when you don't make it into the playoffs in 17 years. 
I don' mean to come off in a way that anyone is really expecting this team to go anywhere or make a splash per se. This year, with this team, playoffs are the accomplishment. By one week at a time, I only mean it's not like we are planning our route to the superbowl or worrying about playing the Pats if they were somehow able to pull an upset. As fans, we are just thrilled the drought has ended and are thankful for the oppertunity to get a week 19. A fresh start so to speak with a team playing with house money and nothing to loose and a community behind them seems to be where it's at with the Bills. The connections and storylines add additional drama to a game that will be viewed as a dud to a degree nationally. The Jags struggle with credit in the media to a degree and the Bills just don' have any in the 1st place - but for these fan bases a 1st rd matchup is pretty cool for both sides. From a Bills POV, the matchup is the best we could hope for from a group of really good teams. The Jags might even be one of the best if not THE best... BUT for the Bills to even have a chance they needed a team that won't throw for 500  and light it up. I think for either of these teams to be successful they need the same style of game to happen. Pound the rock and play stout D. At the very least the Bills have managed to stay in those games and the majority of their wins have arrived from that style of play. I don' expect a win, but hope for a hard fought game from both sides. Hopefully it's a good game that stays interesting until the final qtr.

Ugh. These again...tl;dr

(01-01-2018, 04:33 PM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 04:18 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote: Thanks! It's all house $$ at this point, as no one expected it and it took a lot of help to happen. WNY felt like they won the superbowl lol. It's nice to see.

Ugh. These again...tl;dr

Lol, sorry. It'll be gone next week I promise. 
That said, with out using words how do you discuss football? I feel like 10 words strung together in the form of a sentence doesn't convey much. It may be fine for remarks such as yours, but as far as conveying a point or thoughts in regard to the actual game... meh. I'd love and appreciate a well thought out and written opinion from a jags fan regarding the game. I expect pro Jacksonville due to where this is, but love reading it. It's playoff football!!

(01-01-2018, 04:41 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 04:33 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: Ugh. These again...tl;dr

Lol, sorry. It'll be gone next week I promise. 
That said, with out using words how do you discuss football? I feel like 10 words strung together in the form of a sentence doesn't convey much. It may be fine for remarks such as yours, but as far as conveying a point or thoughts in regard to the actual game... meh. I'd love and appreciate a well thought out and written opinion from a jags fan regarding the game. I expect pro Jacksonville due to where this is, but love reading it. It's playoff football!!
Jags win.

I think it is cool we get the Bills. We have a strong 1999 tie with them. In 99 the darn Music City Miracle kept us from playing Rob Johnson and his return to face the team that drafted him. Been a crazy ride up there in Buffalo since then. Man we got a nice haul out of that trade and Chicago taking Enis.

Been a long time coming for us to face Buffalo in the playoffs.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-01-2018, 05:40 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think it is cool we get the Bills. We have a strong 1999 tie with them. In 99 the darn Music City Miracle kept us from playing Rob Johnson and his return to face the team that drafted him. Been a crazy ride up there in Buffalo since then. Man we got a nice haul out of that trade and Chicago taking Enis.

Yeah...we fleeced them in that deal, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:40 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think it is cool we get the Bills. We have a strong 1999 tie with them. In 99 the darn Music City Miracle kept us from playing Rob Johnson and his return to face the team that drafted him. Been a crazy ride up there in Buffalo since then. Man we got a nice haul out of that trade and Chicago taking Enis.

Yeah...we fleeced them in that deal, too.
Oddly, he was the winner in it all winning a ring later in his career. Had the Bills not signed Flutie that year RJs career could have had a totally different trajectory. Poor guy caught flack for years, but he was essentially screwed from the get. Anything short of Jim Kelly at that time was precived as a failure. I very much agree w mojagfan, this has been a long time coming. Rd 2 and a 96 rematch! Jacksonville came to Buffalo and embarrssed them in the snow. That was LITTERALLY the end of Jim Kelly

(01-01-2018, 03:46 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I feel like we have no momentum going into the playoffs. We've looked like utter garbage.

We canned it a few weeks ago.  Bout to open that can this weekend.

(01-01-2018, 06:01 PM)Billsfan1212 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Yeah...we fleeced them in that deal, too.
Oddly, he was the winner in it all winning a ring later in his career. Had the Bills not signed Flutie that year RJs career could have had a totally different trajectory. Poor guy caught flack for years, but he was essentially screwed from the get. Anything short of Jim Kelly at that time was precived as a failure. I very much agree w mojagfan, this has been a long time coming. Rd 2 and a 96 rematch! Jacksonville came to Buffalo and embarrssed them in the snow. That was LITTERALLY the end of Jim Kelly

Interesting we have basis of agreement here.

I don't think RJ was that bad for you guys.  Flutie was popular up there and so was Kelly.  When RJ was put in as starter, and the game unfolded the way it did with the poor field position, etc., RJ was largely doomed in Buffalo.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

San Diego had their shot and lost against the Jags.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Buffalo has to be one of the worst playoff teams in the last twenty years.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(01-01-2018, 07:01 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Buffalo has to be one of the worst playoff teams in the last twenty years.

That is kinda funny considering our 1996 team. Smile

Aanything can happen in the playoffs. Honestly the AFC is kinda week overall. Patriots look vulnerable and most of the QBs are old and getting older. Crazy
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-01-2018, 03:46 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I feel like we have no momentum going into the playoffs. We've looked like utter garbage.

Good thing it’s a new season, and we need to take it one game at a time.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]