Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

MCGOO makes plays. Keep him over Minshew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2019, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: MCGOO makes plays. Keep him over Minshew.

Both McGough and Minshew are more developmental than backup if we're being honest. If something happens to Foles i'd have to assume we look outside the organization for a more veteran replacement.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-29-2019, 09:54 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 09:52 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: MCGOO makes plays. Keep him over Minshew.

Both McGough and Minshew are more developmental than backup if we're being honest. If something happens to Foles i'd have to assume we look outside the organization for a more veteran replacement.

Bring back Gabbert

(08-29-2019, 09:54 PM)Firesky Wrote:

Very true. Both are practice squad guys. I'd be keeping an eye to see if the Giants cut Lauletta, who they drafted in 4th round last year.

Teddy bridgwater fits this dink and dunk run heavy offense philosophy

(08-29-2019, 09:57 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1586183170

Yikes

(08-29-2019, 09:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We could have had QB Mason Rudolph, who had another big night. Instead, we chose Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark.

We get it, you like Mason Rudolph.

(08-29-2019, 10:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 09:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We could have had QB Mason Rudolph, who had another big night. Instead, we chose Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark.

We get it, you like Mason Rudolph.

I was begging to draft Rudolph.

MCGOOOOOOOOOO

(08-29-2019, 10:10 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: MCGOOOOOOOOOO

Based on his legs alone he may be a slightly better backup option (lower celing higher floor kind of deal) if we go to a pure ground attack with a little play action sprinkled in and minimal pass attempts.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 10:16 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

Minshew is concerning. He has not looked capable vs backups and 3rd stringers. Even Bortles looked awesome against those guys his rookie year. You guys know I'm not one to freak out, but I think we're in serious trouble if Foles goes down.

I know I know it's preseason but man this preseason has been depressing as all get out. Have we ever been 0-4 in preseason and by wide margins? Our backups are the suxxs.

We definitely need to scour the waiver wire for a backup QB, OT depth, a better backup RB, WR and TE depth. Basically, everything on offense, other than OG.

I'd be inclined to roster McGough over Minshew and put Minshew on the PS if I had to make the call right now.

(08-29-2019, 10:16 PM)surfon Wrote: I know I know it's preseason but man this preseason has been depressing as all get out.  Have we ever been 0-4 in preseason and by wide margins?  Our backups  are the suxxs.

Our depth is not good. Our starters are. Let's hope we don't get too many injuries. The best takeaway from this preseason is that when our first team was in we scored on a nice td drive and scored more than our opponent did with the starters in. That and Josh Allen looked unreal. 

The negative part of all this - it was against the Dolphins lol.

(08-29-2019, 10:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd be inclined to roster McGough over Minshew and put Minshew on the PS if I had to make the call right now.

That should be an easy decision

(08-29-2019, 10:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd be inclined to roster McGough over Minshew and put Minshew on the PS if I had to make the call right now.

Yup, they should have let McGough play the entire 2nd half (and more in general this preseason), but regardless, McGough has definitely shown more flash in the time hes gotten vs Minshew's. I haven't seen much of any change (or anything to even be excited about) in Minshew from preseason game 1, to tonight's game.

Either way, if Foles goes down this Offense is highly likely going to be in serious terrible.

(08-29-2019, 10:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We definitely need to scour the waiver wire for a backup QB, OT depth, a better backup RB, WR and TE depth. Basically, everything on offense, other than OG.

I do believe they'll be in the waiver wire market for RB and TE for sure.  

Finding a tackle that's worth the trouble of a workout from the waiver wire is damn near impossible. Teams just aren't cutting any decent tackles right now. There's never enough of them. 

WR could go either way. Maybe there's one out there they scouted and rate well above Board/McBride/Pryor. 

I doubt they go after a QB, but I don't think it's a bad idea.

(08-29-2019, 09:57 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...1586183170

He's a keeper!