Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rayshard Brooks

(06-16-2020, 10:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote: That will never work, proof in point all the kids growing up to be leftist that never had any consequences growing up. They got away with everything and don't understand people in the real world don't let them do what they want and there are consequences for your actions.

If that generalization were any broader, it would be Rosie O'Donnell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 03:42 PM by JackCity.)

(06-16-2020, 05:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 04:36 PM)JackCity Wrote: I thank the Russians every day

Awesome, since you don't have to speak Russian either, and for the same reason since Russia loses the the Reich without us too.

I think you need to read some non American taught history pal

(06-16-2020, 10:38 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: Predicting his behavior is speculation.
You insist that he didn't deserve more chances because you speculate that he wouldn't have used them well.
At the moment he got shot, he does not seem to be a deadly threat to anyone.
He deserved to have more chances to live until his behavior actually became a serious threat to another person's life. He deserved to live until he actually threatened the life of somebody.   He never got close to that point.  The cops knew what was in his hand.

We don't have to predict his behavior, we know what he did.

How many chances are enough to finally decide to do the right thing? By your logic, as long as he didn't shot someone he should continue to keep getting another chance to stop and allow himself to be arrested for the rest of his life? As long as you don't shoot someone, commit whatever crimes you want and you will keep getting chances to do better and you can turn yourself in when you feel deep down you have used up your 2nd chances.

That will never work, proof in point all the kids growing up to be leftist that never had any consequences growing up. They got away with everything and don't understand people in the real world don't let them do what they want and there are consequences for your actions.

You managed to combine the old man yells at cloud trope and the "anyone who leans left wasn't raised right!" trope in the same paragraph. I'm impressed. I'd say

DA Howard is charging both officers.

Dude is straight lying through this press conference. This is the same dude that refused to prosecute his nephew, Dwight Howard, after Dwight Howard beat the brakes off his son.

(06-17-2020, 03:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: DA Howard is charging both officers.

Dude is straight lying through this press conference. This is the same dude that refused to prosecute his nephew, Dwight Howard, after Dwight Howard beat the brakes off his son.

What the hell are they charging the other cop with?

(06-17-2020, 03:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: DA Howard is charging both officers.

What the hell are they charging the other cop with?

I’m still listening to his press conference. But he said both officers attacked Mr. Brooks, and Mr. Brooks didn’t pose a threat to either Officer.

(06-17-2020, 03:49 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:47 PM)TJBender Wrote: What the hell are they charging the other cop with?

I’m still listening to his press conference. But he said both officers attacked Mr. Brooks, and Mr. Brooks didn’t pose a threat to either Officer.

but...video exists of him resisting arr...never mind.

https://twitter.com/ellievhall/status/12...32161?s=19

Hopefully these deranged pigs rot for a while

(06-17-2020, 03:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1...52832?s=19

That sound you just heard is the badge of every APD officer landing on the DA's desk at once.  Even I'm calling bull on this one. Was there justifiable reason to shoot Brooks? I'm in a very strong "maybe" camp on that one. Did felony murder happen? Hell no.

(06-17-2020, 03:57 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1...52832?s=19

That sound you just heard is the badge of every APD officer landing on the DA's desk at once.  Even I'm calling bull on this one. Was there justifiable reason to shoot Brooks? I'm in a very strong "maybe" camp on that one. Did felony murder happen? Hell no.

It will likely be reduced to manslaughter but the other charges certainly don't help, especially the kick and standing on a dying man's shoulders

(06-17-2020, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: That sound you just heard is the badge of every APD officer landing on the DA's desk at once.  Even I'm calling bull on this one. Was there justifiable reason to shoot Brooks? I'm in a very strong "maybe" camp on that one. Did felony murder happen? Hell no.

It will likely be reduced to manslaughter but the other charges certainly don't help, especially the kick and standing on a dying man's shoulders

That’s the first I heard of that. I’m assuming, knowing how Howard twists things, the officer May have kept his foot on his shoulder as the other arrested him. Who knows? Howard lies So I’m interested in knowing what if he actually did.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 04:08 PM by JackCity.)

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/12...19328?s=19

The officer who stood on his shoulders is actually testifying against them too (to save his own bacon obv)

(06-17-2020, 04:07 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: It will likely be reduced to manslaughter but the other charges certainly don't help, especially the kick and standing on a dying man's shoulders

That’s the first I heard of that. I’m assuming, knowing how Howard twists things, the officer May have kept his foot on his shoulder as the other arrested him. Who knows? Howard lies So I’m interested in knowing what if he actually did.

The cynic in me thinks this is less about Howard and more about positioning Keisha Lance Bottoms as Biden's running mate. I kinda thought she'd earned that already given the other contenders, but standing up to the governor on COVID and keeping the city in one piece (then inexplicably firing the chief of police who actually kept the city in one piece)  will boost her resume, I guess?

(06-17-2020, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: That sound you just heard is the badge of every APD officer landing on the DA's desk at once.  Even I'm calling bull on this one. Was there justifiable reason to shoot Brooks? I'm in a very strong "maybe" camp on that one. Did felony murder happen? Hell no.

Have we seen that happen? Every video I've seen cuts off before the shooter moves to the criminal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-17-2020, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: It will likely be reduced to manslaughter but the other charges certainly don't help, especially the kick and standing on a dying man's shoulders

Have we seen that happen? Every video I've seen cuts off before the shooter moves to the criminal.

Have we seen the bodycam footage yet?

I haven't anyway. Allegedly there is 9 different videos and presumably if he held up a picture of the man being kicked then one of them must have the afters

(06-17-2020, 04:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Have we seen that happen? Every video I've seen cuts off before the shooter moves to the criminal.

Have we seen the bodycam footage yet?

Yes, it's in many reports, along with security camera that shows a wide angle of what happened.

(06-17-2020, 04:24 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Have we seen that happen? Every video I've seen cuts off before the shooter moves to the criminal.

I haven't anyway. Allegedly there is 9 different videos and presumably if he held up a picture of the man being kicked then one of them must have the afters

That's the thing, we're being told that he was "kicked" which could anything from a nudge with the toe to a 50 yard field goal attempt by a DA who has already told outright lies and clearly overcharged the officers in question. Sound like the DA is playing the "Let's start a riot" game with us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-17-2020, 04:18 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:07 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: That’s the first I heard of that. I’m assuming, knowing how Howard twists things, the officer May have kept his foot on his shoulder as the other arrested him. Who knows? Howard lies So I’m interested in knowing what if he actually did.

The cynic in me thinks this is less about Howard and more about positioning Keisha Lance Bottoms as Biden's running mate. I kinda thought she'd earned that already given the other contenders, but standing up to the governor on COVID and keeping the city in one piece (then inexplicably firing the chief of police who actually kept the city in one piece)  will boost her resume, I guess?

That wouldn't surprise me, but I think Howard is trying to save himself. He's in his sixth term, and he's actually facing competition this time. He's also under investigation by the GBI for skimming city money (intended to reduce youth violence ironically) and padding his salary with it instead.

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 04:46 PM by JackCity.)

(06-17-2020, 04:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Have we seen the bodycam footage yet?

Yes, it's in many reports, along with security camera that shows a wide angle of what happened.

(06-17-2020, 04:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: I haven't anyway. Allegedly there is 9 different videos and presumably if he held up a picture of the man being kicked then one of them must have the afters

That's the thing, we're being told that he was "kicked" which could anything from a nudge with the toe to a 50 yard field goal attempt by a DA who has already told outright lies and clearly overcharged the officers in question. Sound like the DA is playing the "Let's start a riot" game with us.

Just watched the video there, definitely force behind it but the angle is obscured by the car.

https://youtu.be/MawQYNNIoZ0

28:40 on

(06-17-2020, 04:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/12...19328?s=19

The officer who stood on his shoulders is actually testifying against them too (to save his own bacon obv)

Neither officer "stood on his shoulders".

I just watched the surveillance video from the Wendy's that gives a fairly clear picture of the scene.  I'm not going to post the video here or link to it, but if you go to youtube and search "Wendy's Surveillance Video - OIS Atlanta - 6.12.20" it's there.  Go to around 28:30 in the video to see the exchange.

The DA clearly mis-characterized what happened.  The officer fired on him after a clear turn towards him with "a" weapon that made a flash.  There is no way that the officer knows "without a shadow of doubt" that it was a taser and not a firearm.

The officer that shot him didn't "kick him while he was dying", he appeared to be kicking the weapon away from him.  The second officer didn't "stand on his shoulders", he held a foot on one shoulder to ensure that he didn't make any sudden or unexpected move (pretty much standard procedure) while it appeared that he was quickly checked for any other weapons.

The officers didn't render any first aide until backup arrived at the scene (again pretty much standard procedure).

In my opinion the DA way over-stated what happened and way over-charged the officer.  My best guess is that he did it for a couple of reasons.

1.  Placate the already "enraged" public.

2.  They don't want this to go to trial because the charges would never hold up.  They are probably hoping for a plea down in charges in order to get a conviction.

If the case does go to trial and assuming that they are able to get an impartial jury, there is no way that they can convict.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.