Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne out for season

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 12:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-25-2021, 09:26 AM)Upper Wrote: The fact that some of y'all can just shrug off the injury as if we'll be just fine cause we have Robinson and whatever else just proves how bad of a pick it was in the first place. We were NOT in the position to be taking luxury picks at any point in the draft, much less the first round.

Was Kamara a bad pick pick because the Saints had Ingram?  Even if he was taken with their 2nd pick

(08-25-2021, 11:15 AM)cincyjacket Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 11:10 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: This was a Trevor Lawrence Friends & Family pick by Urban

He would have still been around in the 2nd round though. Didn't need to draft him in the first.

Buffalo wanted him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2021, 12:18 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am now starting to see why Jags fans get one of the worst reputations for fan bases in the league. Not because we don’t go to games, but because we have so many hot stupid takes.

Man, what a hot stupid take.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-25-2021, 01:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 12:18 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I am now starting to see why Jags fans get one of the worst reputations for fan bases in the league. Not because we don’t go to games, but because we have so many hot stupid takes.

Man, what a hot stupid take.

Laughing
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-25-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 09:26 AM)Upper Wrote: The fact that some of y'all can just shrug off the injury as if we'll be just fine cause we have Robinson and whatever else just proves how bad of a pick it was in the first place. We were NOT in the position to be taking luxury picks at any point in the draft, much less the first round.

Was Kamara a bad pick pick because the Saints had Ingram?  Even if he was taken with their 2nd pick

(08-25-2021, 11:15 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: He would have still been around in the 2nd round though. Didn't need to draft him in the first.

Buffalo wanted him
Kamara is a perfect example as to why you don't spend a first round pick on a RB who won't even be your bell cow back.

Kamara was picked in the 3rd round at pick 67. That's exactly where the value lines up for running backs. Kamara, Hunt, Conner, Aaron Jones were all taken in the 3rd round or later that year.

I've never gotten this response. Most people are just stunned to have met a Jags fan.

I also feel everyone posts their hot takes here, because regular NFL fans don't listen to them elsewhere.

(08-25-2021, 08:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 07:59 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Rams just completed a trade with the Patriots for Sony Michel, for 5th and 6th round picks.  The Rams needed to replace Cam Akers.  It would have been an interesting move for the Jags to replace Etienne on the roster.  Michel does not have Etienne's speed, but is versatile.

Great deal for both teams. Pats had a surplus of RB's with the emergence of Rhamondre Stevenson and the Rams needed the depth. I think Michel will be a major contributor for the Rams. He was really misused in New England.

A former 1st round pick, just 26 years old, in good health...traded for two 3rd day picks. That shows the lack of value in 1st round RBs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 02:07 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-25-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

No, he was a third rounder which is the sweet spot. Also, they were a top contending team. Not only was Etienne a stupid pick because he was a first rounder, but it's also stupid to add an RB with a premium pick in the first year of a rebuild with a new regime.

We could have had Carter or Gainwell in the 4th round and have 90% of the production from a day 3 pick.

Dang, was hoping for the best with him. Just glad he's no longer @ Clemson.

That injury used to be the end of the road for RBs. Hope that's not the case here.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-25-2021, 01:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

I've never gotten this response. Most people are just stunned to have met a Jags fan.

I also feel everyone posts their hot takes here, because regular NFL fans don't listen to them elsewhere.

yeah, was back home (CLE) over the summer, and a friend saw my Jags hat. Nothing about terrible fans. I recall the dialogue went:

Friend: Haha Jags? When did you start rooting for them?
mikey: I've been in FL for 20 years now, and was a season ticket holder, this isn't news.
F: LOLOLOL you guys are gonna suck, Urbz is an idiot and will be gone in three years
m: You don't need to remind me. Pass me a beer.

Guys, sometimes there is such a thing as just plain bad luck.

(08-25-2021, 02:07 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Dang, was hoping for the best with him. Just glad he's no longer @ Clemson.

That injury used to be the end of the road for RBs. Hope that's not the case here.

I think ETN was a contingency plan to pacify Meyer, who wanted the UF guy who didn't fall. Baalke values building the trenches. Meyer values speed skill guys. Meyer is going to win those debates more often. Hopefully learns from this mistake and lets Baalke run the draft more next year.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(08-25-2021, 02:55 PM)Newton Wrote: Guys, sometimes there is such a thing as just plain bad luck.

OR... Because Jaguars...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 12:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Was Kamara a bad pick pick because the Saints had Ingram?  Even if he was taken with their 2nd pick

Buffalo wanted him
Kamara is a perfect example as to why you don't spend a first round pick on a RB who won't even be your bell cow back.

Kamara was picked in the 3rd round at pick 67. That's exactly where the value lines up for running backs. Kamara, Hunt, Conner, Aaron Jones were all taken in the 3rd round or later that year.

Kamara was a steal.  If he was picked in the first it would still be a great pick because he's one of the best players in the league regardless.  You can do this for every position.  You never draft for position, you take the best player

(08-25-2021, 03:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kamara is a perfect example as to why you don't spend a first round pick on a RB who won't even be your bell cow back.

Kamara was a steal.  If he was picked in the first it would still be a great pick because he's one of the best players in the league regardless.  You can do this for every position.  You never draft for position, you take the best player

Kamara was a late piece to an already great roster and offense. Put him here and he's J.A.G.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

A bad break for the player and our team. Hoping he uses the time well this year to recover and learn.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-25-2021, 03:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kamara is a perfect example as to why you don't spend a first round pick on a RB who won't even be your bell cow back.

You’re literally making the point against yourself and you don’t even know it.

(08-25-2021, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 03:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kamara was a steal.  If he was picked in the first it would still be a great pick because he's one of the best players in the league regardless.  You can do this for every position.  You never draft for position, you take the best player

Thank you, he was a great pick regardless of where he was picked.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 07:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-25-2021, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 03:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kamara was a steal.  If he was picked in the first it would still be a great pick because he's one of the best players in the league regardless.  You can do this for every position.  You never draft for position, you take the best player

There are a bunch of teams that regret not taking Kamara , Cook Chub, Henry, Jones etc. In the first round of their respected draft

(08-25-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 08:09 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Great deal for both teams. Pats had a surplus of RB's with the emergence of Rhamondre Stevenson and the Rams needed the depth. I think Michel will be a major contributor for the Rams. He was really misused in New England.

A former 1st round pick, just 26 years old, in good health...traded for two 3rd day picks. That shows the lack of value in 1st round RBs.

Absolutely. Taking a RB in round 1 is mind-numbingly stupid!

(08-25-2021, 07:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-25-2021, 06:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You’re literally making the point against yourself and you don’t even know it.

There are a bunch of teams that regret not taking Kamara , Cook Chub, Henry, Jones etc. In the first round of their respected draft
No. They’re not. You’re overvaluing the RB position.

If the Saints had taken Kamara in round 1 or even round 2, they wouldn’t have Lattimore and Ramzyck.