Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Serious Question: Is Gus Bradley the worst head coach you've ever seen?

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 08:51 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Could you imagine del rio with this roster? The only offensive talent he had was jimmy smith, mjd, and taylor. Everyone else was just solid or below average.

Dude brought us 12-4 in year 3. The worst season was 5-11, and i blame that on the trash Gene Smith brought in.

I can imagine it. The team starts the year badly. Catches fire in October/November. And then completely implodes in December.

Just like what happened in 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I can imagine it. The team starts the year badly. Catches fire in October/November. And then completely implodes in December.

Just like what happened in 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010.

I'm assuming you are still on the Gus juice because that guy can't even catch a flame, let alone fire of a winning streak.  After 1 win he starts jumping around like a buffoon and embarrasses the whole city.

Que GIF...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I'm assuming you are still on the Gus juice because that guy can't even catch a flame, let alone fire of a winning streak.  After 1 win he starts jumping around like a buffoon and embarrasses the whole city.

Que GIF...

None of this has anything with what I said. December collapses were JDR's MO.

;

;

Hands down Gus is the worst!! No if ands or buts about it..

You know things are bad when people are yearning for the glory days of Del Rio...

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." - Alexander Pope

Quote:You know things are bad when people are yearning for the glory days of Del Rio...

Back when we used to win playoff game !!!  (singular tense)

Quote:You know things are bad when people are yearning for the glory days of Del Rio...

8-8 and a defense ranked in the top 20 would be a huge improvement over any product bobblehead Gus has put together. And the axe in the locker room was far less embarrassing than the corny dance party Gus threw after beating the Browns to go 1-6.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I don't think many people are. Just the dude with the Del Rio avatar.

;

;

Quote:I don't think many people are. Just the dude with the Del Rio avatar.

Yeah right dude.  I bet more than half the people on this board would take Del Rio over Bradley right about now.  This team has way more talent (as a whole) than anything Del Rio had a chance to coach.  Like I said in a previous post, Del Rio had Taylor, MJD, and a decline J Smith.

Quote:Yeah right dude.  I bet more than half the people on this board would take Del Rio over Bradley right about now.  This team has way more talent (as a whole) than anything Del Rio had a chance to coach.  Like I said in a previous post, Del Rio had Taylor, MJD, and a decline J Smith.

And Henderson, Stroud, Mike Peterson, Daryl Smith and Rashean Mathis.

And saying more people would take Del Rio over Bradley is not "yearning". It's like saying you'd take Garrard over Henne. 

;

;

Quote:And Henderson, Stroud, Mike Peterson, Daryl Smith and Rashean Mathis.

And saying more people would take Del Rio over Bradley is not "yearning". It's like saying you'd take Garrard over Henne

You wouldn't?

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 01:13 PM by Yo Boy.)

I definitely would take Del Rio over Gus right now.. You can actually see the defense change under him... All we have with Gus is bubblegum position names like Leo, Otto, or my favorite Big End cant forget Offensive Weapon lol..

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 01:14 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:I definitely would take Del Rio over Gus right now.. You can actually see the defense change under him... All we have with Gus is bubblegum position names like Leo, Otto, or my Big End lol..

Exactly.  You could never say Del Rio played scared or too conservative.  I could not believe my eyes on Sunday, and if I were in the stands I'd be being booing loud as hell too.  3rd and 12 - Draw play. 4th and 1 or 2 punt.  What a joke.  You have to take some risk.

Kinda off topic but I was about to say Del Rio's teams would crush the current jags with Gus.

But then I remembered that would be the exact type of game those mid-2000s teams would lose.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Gus could be award the Jeff Fisher Questionable Longetvity Award at the end of the season.  Or the Rich Kotite how is he still coaching award.  This is an interesting year for us fans.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Two decent starts on offense for first two games, then a bad showing in preseason.

Fire Gus is already ramping up?

Shut the [BAD WORD REMOVED] up and let the [BAD WORD REMOVED] season start for [BAD WORD REMOVED] sakes.

He's here for this year. Why keep beating this dead horse?

Less than 7-8 wins? Then light the torches.

This D will take this year to jell. Don't be getting to pumped for a Super Bowl run.

In the meantime. Coughlin is looking for work. Remember him? The guy the fans ran outta town years ago?
You googled that. I bet you weren't even alive when Coughlin was the Jags HC. Sit down shonen.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Exactly.  You could never say Del Rio played scared or too conservative.  I could not believe my eyes on Sunday, and if I were in the stands I'd be being booing loud as hell too.  3rd and 12 - Draw play. 4th and 1 or 2 punt.  What a joke.  You have to take some risk.

Not on offense, he did take risks there.

But on defense he was constantly accused of being vanilla and playing too much zone.  People said it all the time about his D.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I don't even remember what a good HC is supposed to do!

Question for those who think Gus is "worst coach evur"...

Do you think he'd get a HC job elsewhere if fired this season?

Because I remember hearing the same garbage about JDR and Mularkey, and both are currently employed HCs at the NFL level.

Yes, the NFL does recycle coaches.  That's not likely to ever change.

But if "Badley" is so bad, does he break the cycle and never get another chance?  Stuck in DC purgatory?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2016, 07:32 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Question for those who think Gus is "worst coach evur"...

Do you think he'd get a HC job elsewhere if fired this season?

Because I remember hearing the same garbage about JDR and Mularkey, and both are currently employed HCs at the NFL level.

Yes, the NFL does recycle coaches. That's not likely to ever change.

But if "Badley" is so bad, does he break the cycle and never get another chance? Stuck in DC purgatory?
I can answer that for you . No he doesnt get a Hc job in the nfl no time soon.. In college he could tho... And once he has proven he can have success in the college ranks then he will have another chance...

And the difference between Mularkey and Del Rio is they had at least one winning seasons... Gus has none!